Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

996GT3 vs CBR1000RR vs R1 - ISANE VIDEO!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:15 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
EXCELLENT video

great car control

Old 12-29-2008, 08:30 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
EXCELLENT video

great car control
You have to be kidding.
That driver almost LOST control. It's one thing to drive like that at 3am on a deserted highway, but to do it in the middle of the day through traffic is just plain irresponsible.

At any moment another driver not expecting 3 bikes and a GT3 to fly by him/her could have pulled into a lane by accident...maybe the Porsche wrecks, maybe the bikes do, maybe the innocent driver has a couple kids that end up smeared on the highway. Yeah, EXCELLENT!! What an AWESOME video!! Everyone should go out and make on themselves, it's super cool...

Old 12-29-2008, 11:10 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
Old 12-30-2008, 02:17 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
why luck and not skill ? ... it amazes me how you guys are quick to judge.... ..this board is full of innocent pp who never speed or do anything crazy..please grow up. don't like it - dont comment.
wow... obviously your reading comprehension isnt the best - I really love how you singled me out... I clearly wrote "control/luck" because I didnt know which one.....

Old 12-31-2008, 12:26 AM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Color me surprised there Schumacher ...and no worries if you plaster yourself across a median divider, it'll just give some trauma surgeons some more work to do in case it was a slow day, just try not to take some others with you. You are like the ultimate badass.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 AM
thats what my t shirt says
"ultimate badass"

Old 12-31-2008, 02:57 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
I watched the video with the bikes yesterday... very crazy... but what I noticed (and watch again)...the bike drops down into the GT3's lane and he has to correct for the bikes error of judgement that the car was even there... that is one issue to getting into with a bike at those speeds..they can't see you the same and won't be using mirrors at 100mph in corners.. you have to always think that the other driver can't see you

Old 01-01-2009, 09:19 AM
mountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to behold
All I can say is this is a terrible video that does not belong on the internet or this forum.
all it does is propagate this kind of behavior and from first hand exp. I can tell you it is a disaster waiting to happen.
I am currently in a legal battle that threatens my lic, and at one point my freedom as i was investigated for a felony charge.
I will elaborate when the case closes out but in short it was irresponsible behavior of a sport biker that wrecked in close proximity to me and I got pulled into the frey because of the car I was driving. Be careful out there and responsible. All it takes is a person with car envy to call you in and your f&&ck big time.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
most of you guys must be old farts and pansies with no guts, *****, or driving skill.

RACING ON ANY PUBLIC ROAD IS DUMB AND DANGEROUS!!!

however, what I saw was little traffic AND SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEPING RIGHT for the most part. Where they belong. If you check you're mirrors before a lane change like YOU ARE REQUIRED you have little to fear. The few instences where they ran into slow traffic they had PLENTY of time to slow down and be safe which they took FULL advantage of. The bikers were a little more dangerous with the cutting infront of cars and weaving between them.

again, RACING BAD!!!! VERY BAD!!! BAD BAD BAD BAD
before the nancy tards flame me reread the last sentance 20 times!!!!
driving fast within your limits on big mostly open roads where slow people stay out of you way is not a problem!

Last edited by Auctung; 01-01-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of

now that was deffently more dangerous, atleast the dumb parts like cutting so close to some cars and taking the shoulder. Not only would NOBODY expect you to take the shoulder but you could very easiler pick up debris, nails, throw rocks, etc.

I dont care about the weaving in and out of cars. Thats dangerous when you are going the same speed as them, when you are going faster its simply you just going around them. I just hope you were smart enough to signal before each change and realize that the people you are passing likely didnt know you were there and were cautious about that. You cant tell those kinds of things from a video very well.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:42 AM
mountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Auctung
most of you guys must be old farts and pansies with no guts, *****, or driving skill.

however, what I saw was little traffic AND SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEPING RIGHT for the most part. Where they belong. If you check you're mirrors before a lane change like YOU ARE REQUIRED you have little to fear. The few instences where they ran into slow traffic they had PLENTY of time to slow down and be safe which they took FULL advantage of. The bikers were a little more dangerous with the cutting infront of cars and weaving between them.

driving fast within your limits on big mostly open roads where slow people stay out of you way is not a problem!

Ask a cop that question, is it ok? There are some very scary laws out there and all it takes is for one of the slow cars to call in a plate and be willing to testify and your screwed beyond belief. Triple digits will get you jail time.
If there is an accident and they can prove proximate cause you are facing a felony vehiclular assault charge, someone dies and it is manslaughter. Think because you are not in the car that was involved you are off the hook. Think again. The law of proximate cause will tie you to it and there are multilple times that this case has been won against the non involved car.
So even if you are driving within what you believe are your limits or your cars you can get into serious trouble in a matter of seconds and it will change your life.
If you want to drive your car and yourself to you limits be safe or at least legal and go to a track.
Trust me on this, I have a nightmare on my hands. I wont discuss until court is done which will take many months more.
I will tell you I only changed lanes to avoid a fast bike, never went faster than 75 in a 65 limit area. Made no contact and ended up in jail with my car impounded and there was not a cop onsite. Just a person with a cell and a guy who made a serious error on his bike.
Be careful!!! People have issuse with those of us with fast cars.
Be responsible for your actions and dont assume not getting caught is ok.
Things go wrong fast and at high speed people die!

Old 01-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by mountainC4
Ask a cop that question, is it ok? There are some very scary laws out there and all it takes is for one of the slow cars to call in a plate and be willing to testify and your screwed beyond belief. Triple digits will get you jail time.
If there is an accident and they can prove proximate cause you are facing a felony vehiclular assault charge, someone dies and it is manslaughter. Think because you are not in the car that was involved you are off the hook. Think again. The law of proximate cause will tie you to it and there are multilple times that this case has been won against the non involved car.
So even if you are driving within what you believe are your limits or your cars you can get into serious trouble in a matter of seconds and it will change your life.
If you want to drive your car and yourself to you limits be safe or at least legal and go to a track.
Trust me on this, I have a nightmare on my hands. I wont discuss until court is done which will take many months more.
I will tell you I only changed lanes to avoid a fast bike, never went faster than 75 in a 65 limit area. Made no contact and ended up in jail with my car impounded and there was not a cop onsite. Just a person with a cell and a guy who made a serious error on his bike.
Be careful!!! People have issuse with those of us with fast cars.
Be responsible for your actions and dont assume not getting caught is ok.
Things go wrong fast and at high speed people die!
I agree with you 100%
I had a cop chase me down and talk to me when I drove all of 3 miles to the post office because some ***** complained I was driving fast. My car wasnt even warmed up, and I dont even drive the speed limit when the car is cold, let alone fast. Its unforunate some jealous ****** ruin it for us and not only that but their lies can cause us problems like what you are dealing with and they take joy in it. Sadly, if the GT3 guy plowed into the back of a car that cut in front of him he would assume all guilt for he was speeding, but more imporantaly driving a Porsche. The fact that some idiot wasnt paying attention and cut in front of him causing the accident would mean nothing. You dont even have to be speeding, if he was under the speed limit and someone cut in front of him causing the accident he would still be blamed.

When you drive nice and fast cars you got to be very careful, especially if you are going to speed.

Courts and a jury wont understand that crusing at 120 in my Lambo isnt half as dangerous as going 85 in my truck. 120 in the Lambo feals slower than 65 in my truck, AND I CAN STOP FASTER!! They just see money and speeding and you'll up a creek and SOL.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:21 PM
pod
pod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Auctung

I would rather have a faster driver concentrating and both hands on the wheel then someone , reading the paper / doing makeup / changing a cd / drinking there latte / talking on there phone / drinking and driving...................

Old 01-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by mountainC4
All I can say is this is a terrible video that does not belong on the internet or this forum.
Second.

thats what my t shirt says
"ultimate badass"
I suppose you would need a shirt for that...

Originally Posted by pod
I would rather have a faster driver concentrating and both hands on the wheel then someone , reading the paper / doing makeup / changing a cd / drinking there latte / talking on there phone / drinking and driving...................
I would rather have neither...
It's not as if you actually have choice between a moron who is reading/texting/applying makeup/making a ship in a bottle and the other moron who is doing 150 in traffic. The latter moron in reality is still adding to the problem no matter how much he's "concentrating". Any split second mistake can cause a lot of injury/death for others, IMO, that's something no person should cause someone if it's in anyway preventable as being that level of stupid is. If it's just the driver that bites it, I call that Darwinism in effect, ie by all means go for it on your own on a clear street. If the driver takes down some innocents in the process...well thats where the problem arises. I had a close friend killed by a drunk driver...IMO this is the exact same BS.

People like Steve above love to joke about it and actually consider themselves "cool" for doing it, as if he's still in high school trying to impress some peers. It's not surprising, he's 25 and drives a Porsche although I would really expect that type of mentality out of a teenager. Or it's likely he hasn't experienced that type of loss, or if he has, in which case I don't really know what to say. I'm sure he'll try to post another smart *** response to prove his bravado, ironically not realizing that we're really just trying to look out for him and others on the road.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 01-01-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:33 PM
barryturbo is infamous around these parts
Makes me miss my R1 too but I wouldn't want to be near that guy in the Porsche haha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996GT3 vs CBR1000RR vs R1 - ISANE VIDEO!!!