Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RS front factory ride height

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 11:45 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
RS front factory ride height

while getting to know my RS, i notice the ride height of the front suspension (between the black plastic retention rings on the shock assembly shown below) is about 3/16" (4.7 mm) higher on the driver side. the rear shock assembly has identical height. is this a typical set up from factory to compensate for driver's weight? i have not corner balance my RS yet

my M3's front driver side ride height is about 2/16" higher compare with the other side after corner balance. it's pretty impressive if RS come this way from factory to account for a 180 - 200 lbs driver

Old 12-27-2008, 12:59 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I'll remember to measure them the next time I take off my wheels. That's interesting.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:31 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
I'll remember to measure them the next time I take off my wheels. That's interesting.
thanks Kevin. I guess this is something most people don't notice unless you try to corner balance the car

Old 12-27-2008, 12:30 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mikymu
thanks Kevin. I guess this is something most people don't notice unless you try to corner balance the car
And especially if it's in mm. Hey, are you going to the meet in January at the Berkeley Marina? Daytonaviolet and I might stop by and we want to check out your new ride.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:47 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
I recommend to corner balance the rs mine was very bad from the factory now is super good after 3 corner balance secions.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
And especially if it's in mm. Hey, are you going to the meet in January at the Berkeley Marina? Daytonaviolet and I might stop by and we want to check out your new ride.
when is the meet? i may be taking the RS to Thunderhill Jan 18th with Trackmaster if i it does not rain ... and if i can get my track tires by then. let me know the date and i may be able to meet up with you guys

Originally Posted by luiscarlos
I recommend to corner balance the rs mine was very bad from the factory now is super good after 3 corner balance secions.
i am going to corner balance it myself soon. DIY is a great way to get to know your car. i just can't find a bathroom scale that go up to 1000 lbs at Walmart lol

Old 12-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by mikymu
when is the meet? i may be taking the RS to Thunderhill Jan 18th with Trackmaster if i it does not rain ... and if i can get my track tires by then. let me know the date and i may be able to meet up with you guys

I believe it's on the 20th.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:13 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
I have my own Longacre scales and a Bendpac ramp also you will need Longacre scale levels,Longacre laser to align the scales etc.

So maybe it will be better if you go to a perf shop and pay for the corner balance.

Last edited by luiscarlos; 12-28-2008 at 07:20 PM.