GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

any comments on this RS ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 04:21 PM
pod
pod is infamous around these parts
any comments on this RS ?

looking at this RS now. after contemplation between a GT2 and RS, I feel the RS is a better choice as I hear the RS is the best porsche out right now...

I like the options on the car, has high miles, but I like to drive my cars ( 5k miles in my ferrari in 2 1/2 months ) so just seeing what you guys have to say.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...3A1|240%3A1318

Old 12-30-2008, 04:40 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
It is a nice looking well optioned RS. I would have to see it in person and try to pick it up for 125 or less due to mileage. I had a choice between the GT2 and RS and chose the later. For me it was the right choice.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:40 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I'm with you Wildbill... it's a much more raw car/experience and you "feel" everything. I'd go with the RS but check it out obviously. It looks good from the pix/specs.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:02 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
pod

this car has some history ... 4 owner that is. check out the detail on the GT3 RS registry: http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/2007GT3RS/vin/2698.htm

for that price, i much rather get a one owner car and DO have it professional inspected to rule out mechanical and exterior defects!!

here are couple excerpts from GT3 RS registry:

original owner: 930man, Raleigh, North Carolina
purchased from: Leith, Inc., Cary, North Carolina
purchase price: paid MSRP (MSRP + Destination Charge = $147,060)
delivery date: May 3 or 8, 2007

sitting in Brunswick GA port for nearly 2 weeks [2007.04.30]

930man is selling the car with 2,600 miles on the odometer [2007.10.23]
car has no track time

car has been sold to a friend [2007.11.08]
requested VIN, 930man did not reply [2007.11.12]

2nd owner: 930man's friend?
purchased from: 930man
purchase price:
purchase date: October / November 2007
notes:
purchased with 2,600 miles & then sold (within days?) with 2,937 miles to Motorcar Investments, Inc.?

3rd owner:
purchased from: Motorcar Investments, Inc., Raleigh, North Carolina
purchase price:
purchase date: December 2007 / January 2008 ?
notes:
listed for sale in the Hemmings Motor News Auto Classifieds [2007.11.03]
no price or mileage given
seller = The Car Experience (with a listing the same as below, with only 6 of the 10 pictures below)

still listed on the Hemmings Motor News: Auto Classifieds with 2,937 miles on the odometer [2007.12.22]
still listed [2008.01.03]
no longer listed for sale [2008.12.23]

4th owner:
purchased from: World Suzuki Inc, Hickory, North Carolina
purchase price: $
purchase date:
notes:

listed for sale on the cars.com web site for $159,000 with 7,600 miles on the odometer [2008.09.10]
seller = World Suzuki Inc, Hickory, North Carolina

now that is A-LOT of owners!!! look close before you pull the trigger

Old 12-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
great research mikymu!!! yes, i would prefer 1 owner if i was gonna buy a used RS at that price.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:35 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
Awesome report mikymu!

Old 12-30-2008, 11:38 PM
911rox is infamous around these parts
Love the "one owner" comment on the ebay advertisment... obviously a sincere seller... NOT!

Old 12-30-2008, 11:47 PM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
I think I would work on finding a car with less history. Beautiful RS for sure, love the illuminated sills, but I would pass on that one.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:51 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
great research mikymu!!! yes, i would prefer 1 owner if i was gonna buy a used RS at that price.
thanks for the RS registry - great tool. i don't know if GT3 has a registry of it's own. there was some interesting record on the RS registry. for example:

a black RS that was destroyed in a fire: ouch! http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/2007GT3RS/vin/2583.htm

yes, the Ferrari 360 stradale was completely melted ... all you see left is the muffler next to the RS burned out shell! Porsche steel >>> Ferrari steel lol

a white RS that was wrecked: http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/2007GT3RS/vin/3207.htm

Old 12-31-2008, 01:16 AM
PCH
PCH is infamous around these parts
Never quite understood the 'one owner' thing. Isn't it possible that the one owner car was not treated properly or may have more inherit problems then let say a 2 or 3 owner car. If carfax and a pre-purchase inspection show no issues and wear items are in line with the mileage personally I don't see a problem. IMO a good car is a good car. Regarding price, everything is negotiable in this market. I have no affiliation or personal information regarding the car in question. My comments are only general and in response to, one or multiple owner cars.

Last edited by PCH; 12-31-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:32 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PCH
Never quite understood the 'one owner' thing. Isn't it possible that the one owner car was not treated properly or may have more inherit problems then let say a 2 or 3 owner car. If carfax and a pre-purchase inspection show no issues and wear items are in line with the mileage personally I don't see a problem. IMO a good car is a good car. Regarding price, everything is negotiable in this market. I have no affiliation or personal information regarding the car in question. My comments are only general and in response to, one or multiple owner cars.

yeah what is up with that. it's like choosing a girl who's been banged by one guy for 1000 times over a girl who's been banged by 4 different guys, once from each guy. if you do your homework right, you'll choose the one that's low maintenance.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:09 AM
pod
pod is infamous around these parts
wow, thank you guys very much, will have to check out that registry next time I look at a car. also don't have a carfax / autocheck right now, as they always expire on me when I need them

well off to look around again I guess. good thing it's winter over here

Old 12-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
low maintenance = banged by 1 guy and not 4 different guys

its like going out with a girl who was a town ****.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
low maintenance = banged by 1 guy and not 4 different guys

its like going out with a girl who was a town ****.
LOL

there is no guarantee that one owner car is better maintained than multiple owner car. but the chance of having every owner taking great care of the car (and reduce numbers of "joy" ride by friends) diminish rapidly when the number of owner increases.

it's kind of like STD. the more partners you have the greater the chance of contracting some form of disease

Old 12-31-2008, 02:44 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
the one-dude chick may have been mistreated and bottled things in. she could pop at the next unsuspecting guy. the chick who's been with multiple dudes may have been no trouble at all. she just picked the wrong dudes!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any comments on this RS ?