Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Techart vs Weltmeister strut brace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:53 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Techart vs Weltmeister strut brace

OK, kind of new to the strut brace thing. it's suppose to give more chassis rigidity on cornering. did a search and looks like Techart makes an aluminum front strut brace only and Weltmeister makes a carbon fiber one for both front and rear struts. any experience with these setups? pros and cons?

Thanks

Techart front aluminum strut brace

Weltmeister carbon fiber strut brace

Old 01-04-2009, 12:35 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Nice place to hang your Moton canisters if ever decide to go that route.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:28 AM
G997 is infamous around these parts
From what I've been told, the front strut braces already in the car are more than sufficient.
Not sure what the deal is in the rear. I'll bet a rear brace will stiffen up the car...

Old 01-04-2009, 09:07 AM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
rennline makes them as well in carbon. I have both front and rear. the rear was a ***** to install but i heard that's the best place for it

Old 01-04-2009, 10:48 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
thanks for the info guys!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I would invest your money elsewhere. The metal/wall infront between the struts infront of the battery is pretty darn stiff.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Yeah, I would invest your money elsewhere. The metal/wall infront between the struts infront of the battery is pretty darn stiff.
how about rear strut bracing?

Old 01-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
We ran some radical one off stuff in our cup cars but nothing that I would ever recommend for the street. We dont run any extra rear bracing on any of our 997 project cars and they all perform pretty flawlessly with the parts we package together(sways/links/etc)...

Old 01-05-2009, 03:34 PM
We ran some radical one off stuff in our cup cars but nothing that I would ever recommend for the street. We dont run any extra rear bracing on any of our 997 project cars and they all perform pretty flawlessly with the parts we package together(sways/links/etc)...
cool, do you think some form of rear strut bracing is helpful for weekend track meet?

Old 01-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Former Vendor
No i believe it is overkill... I believe the factory did this part of the car correct. Invest money into bars and links first.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Banned
SHP_Arnold is infamous around these parts
No i believe it is overkill... I believe the factory did this part of the car correct. Invest money into bars and links first.
+1, 100% agreed. Strut tower bars work... to a degree. sway bars and links should be looked into first.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:16 PM
great suggestion. i will have to let my driving skill catch up first before upgrading links etc

Old 01-05-2009, 04:43 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
we only ever use them as expensive coat hangers for mounting moton/jrz external resevoirs

The 997 chassis isn't like the 993 etc... where strut braces helped. No need for it since you've got one from the factory already....

Old 01-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
we only ever use them as expensive coat hangers for mounting moton/jrz external resevoirs

The 997 chassis isn't like the 993 etc... where strut braces helped. No need for it since you've got one from the factory already....
lol ... good to hear that 997 has strong chassis design unlike the previous generation

Old 01-06-2009, 06:50 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikymu
lol ... good to hear that 997 has strong chassis design unlike the previous generation
Hehe I know.. we found a good use for them