Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Recommendations for Porsche service centers in So.Cal.?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:29 PM
evolution_gt3 is infamous around these parts
Recommendations for Porsche service centers in So.Cal.?

Just moved down to So.Cal. last month from San Francisco, so wanted to get opinions on places to service (or not service) their GT3's. In SF, I previously brought my car to Sonnen in Mill Valley... loved their great service and all the folks who worked there, and their service dept. was open on Saturdays too! I will miss them dearly!

Will consider Porsche dealers in both LA and Orange counties.

Many thanks.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Not sure if this matters, but it's a '04 996 GT3.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Moving Chicane is infamous around these partsMoving Chicane is infamous around these parts
We have a thread in the SoCal section on this:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...hops-note.html

As for Porsche dealers themselves, my experience has only been with Steve Ellis at Rusnack in Westlake Village, and I have been very satisfied to date.

Last edited by Moving Chicane; 01-06-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:02 AM
thanks for the responses so far. that one thread, "O.C. & L.A. Area Porsche Shops of Note", seems like a very good compilation!

as for Porsche dealerships, after a little searching, it seems like a couple of folks have had positive feedback on Rusnak in Westlake Village. any other dealerships that folks would recommend? (assuming car is still under warranty, etc.).

thanks.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Andrew D. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by evolution_gt3
thanks for the responses so far. that one thread, "O.C. & L.A. Area Porsche Shops of Note", seems like a very good compilation!

as for Porsche dealerships, after a little searching, it seems like a couple of folks have had positive feedback on Rusnak in Westlake Village. any other dealerships that folks would recommend? (assuming car is still under warranty, etc.).

thanks.
Dealer - The Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills. Ask for Don Sucich. Independent shop - Werks 2 in Burbank.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:24 PM
FooFighterRS4 is infamous around these parts
If you're going to a dealer for warranty work, I'd got to Stan at Newport Beach. He's certified to work on Carrera GT's He fixed my RMS and installed my LWFW.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:46 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
I'd reccomend Huy at Mckenna Porsche, in Norwalk. Nothing but the best service.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:36 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Huy is a fantastic service advisor but I had a few issues with the work itself, they are not perfect. My warranty work was completed but not after many a headache and many a visit including one to the body shop.

I suppose what I am saying is none of the dealers are perfect, you will read praises and complaints on here all day long and never come to a conclusion.

There is always stuttgart for oil services etc. Price is right and they do good work.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:12 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Good point, I can't speak on the quality of work from the techs. Man, I hope they are good though!

Originally Posted by gmoney
Huy is a fantastic service advisor but I had a few issues with the work itself, they are not perfect. My warranty work was completed but not after many a headache and many a visit including one to the body shop.

I suppose what I am saying is none of the dealers are perfect, you will read praises and complaints on here all day long and never come to a conclusion.

There is always stuttgart for oil services etc. Price is right and they do good work.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:57 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Good techs over at McKenna..but its not 'their' car so the added care using tools around it just is not there and I'd expect this at most dealers.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:10 PM
acf
That sucks to hear. I guess it comes down to the same thing that we've all seen before at some time or another... It's difficult to find a place that will take care of your car as well as you do. I could tell you some horror stories at other shops....

Originally Posted by gmoney
Good techs over at McKenna..but its not 'their' car so the added care using tools around it just is not there and I'd expect this at most dealers.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:57 PM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FooFighterRS4
If you're going to a dealer for warranty work, I'd got to Stan at Newport Beach. He's certified to work on Carrera GT's He fixed my RMS and installed my LWFW.

Stan is the only one that works on my GT2.. He was the go to guy at a previous Porsche shop when one one could ever figure the problem out.

A racer at heart too

Old 01-11-2009, 04:35 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
All the Westside ballers go to Carlos at Beverly Hills Porsche. Period.

Just down the street from Lucent Motors. Between Carlos, BH Porsche, and Lucent, all your Porsche needs are covered.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:49 AM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Andrew D.
Dealer - The Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills. Ask for Don Sucich. Independent shop - Werks 2 in Burbank.
+ 1. Stay away from Rusnak, they really are the worst.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Come down and check us out..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for Porsche service centers in So.Cal.?