Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My RS loses 74lbs the hard way - Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:09 AM
Roller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to behold
996 dash in a 997 is a bit lame, but I have a feeling this car is not so much for show but all about GO!

Old 01-10-2009, 06:54 AM
PHIL2 is infamous around these parts
And I thought I was nuts....WOW

Old 01-10-2009, 09:09 AM
pbfoot is infamous around these partspbfoot is infamous around these parts
reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack...

"Hey baby, wanna earn fourteen dollars...the hard way?"

Old 01-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Andrew D. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by grussell
Every piece of factory wire and the entire dash was stripped from my RS. The net result is 74lbs dropped. A custom race harness is being installed along with a Motec ECU and ADL3 display on a custom CF dash.

The RSR Individual throttle bodies have been installed along with the lightweight alternator and cooling system. This drops 25lbs off the motor.

The next step is to install 09 WC intake cams and a polycorbonate windshield.

All this for your daily driver?

Old 01-11-2009, 08:44 AM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
Thanks grussell... Its guys like you that make my wife think my car habit is normal

Old 01-11-2009, 08:48 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
thats awesome.... cant wait to see the finished product....

Old 01-11-2009, 12:18 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jpcourt
Thanks grussell... Its guys like you that make my wife think my car habit is normal
Yes, at this very moment there are guys all over the country going, "hey sweetie, look at this!,now what I want to do is really so simple in comparison and won't really cost that much, I promise!"

G, nice work, please keep the pics coming. What is the target weight?

Old 01-11-2009, 11:43 PM
luckyluke is infamous around these partsluckyluke is infamous around these parts
"You know, that car was made to be tracked you should take it to the track" LOL LOL

Its an inside joke guys.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:38 AM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by luckyluke
"You know, that car was made to be tracked you should take it to the track" LOL LOL

Its an inside joke guys.
I hope I run into him at the track someday in his Vette.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:25 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Here are some pics of the motor installed in the car and the new intake being fitted.

Attached Images   
Old 01-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Here are some pics of the motor installed in the car and the new intake being fitted.

When are you hoping to have the RS completed?

Old 01-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Hi Andrew,

Just in time for Vegas.

Are you going to the Streets this weekend? If so, I'll see you on Sunday.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi Andrew,

Just in time for Vegas.

Are you going to the Streets this weekend? If so, I'll see you on Sunday.
I'll be instructing at the Streets both days this weekend and driving in STS#1 on Sunday. See ya there. Looking forward to Vegas!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 07:07 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Nice dash and intake manifold!!

Old 01-23-2009, 03:57 PM
a few more pics...

Attached Images     

Last edited by grussell; 01-23-2009 at 04:03 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My RS loses 74lbs the hard way - Pics