Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 harness/seat belt question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 01:58 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
GT3 harness/seat belt question

I'm trying to install a 6pt harness on my GT3/CGT seats. I want to keep my factory seat belts too. They mount to the same point on the seat. Is there a different bolt piece I can use to make them both fit? Thanks.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
Don't know if it is the same on the new GT3/CGT seats, but on the previous GT3 seats, the harness(lap belts) mount on to the seat itself, while the OEM 3 pt. belts mount to the body of the car. You can loop the OEM belt through the shoulder belt guide and out the lap belt loop, then you will be able to use both...

Old 01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
Show us a pic of the seat and where the belts attach and maybe we can help. Chasen1211 is correct that on the GT3 seats they have anchors on the seat that the harness lap belt attached to the 3 point seat stays on the OE anchors. So you can use both. If you do not have the harnesses that are custom made for those seats a place like CDOC or Rennline sells adapter brackets to make it work.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:16 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Both the seat belt receptacle and harness mount to the same point on the seat. No additional hardware needed.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:14 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Use Schroth

Old 01-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
Use Schroth
Of course. I went with Schroth's Enduro harness.