Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Stradales?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 10:56 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by ben, lj
I didn't hear rumors or stories but instead drove one for about an hour through the city, highway, and aggressively through the back roads. Unlike Amir, I think the Stradale rides considerably better than the CGT, but the ride didn't bother me in the CGT at all - though it did Nick. What he said about "If it's a narrow driveway with even a small dip in it then you are in trouble" unfortunately describes my position exactly. One side of my driveway is fine into one side of the garage. However, the lift side where my cars go (so the baby and hopefully her sibbling one day don't have to cross that side to get in the house) has a dip in the driveway into a drain which is likely going to more than bottom out the car. If I put the CGT on the other side, then my wife's car will have to stay out which is not the coolest thing when it comes to groceries, rain, etc. We recently completed a 3 year remodel (1 1/2 years of construction), and the garage was designed around me having one side with two cars on it via the lift and the other side being for her. All of the structural work and other lift preparation are on my side!
sorry ben, if i irked you ina nay way, from what i have read on the pboards, it was more on the shifting that diswayed you form the cgt. but if it is a matetr of not being able to park your car at your home.. well thats a another thing.. it would eb a waste of hard earned $$$ if you can park your car in your garage..

i do hope that you get your deposit back though...

Old 11-24-2004, 12:05 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by 02barebones996
sorry ben, if i irked you ina nay way, from what i have read on the pboards, it was more on the shifting that diswayed you form the cgt. but if it is a matetr of not being able to park your car at your home.. well thats a another thing.. it would eb a waste of hard earned $$$ if you can park your car in your garage..

i do hope that you get your deposit back though...
it was a combination of things but i have been slowly rationalizing them away for the last three months (probably not real smart). truth be told, i can probably get used to the clutch though it's going to result in a lot of tire smoking (hopefully i don't get a reckless driving ticket spinning the tires in a high profile supercar) when taking off from inclines. the lateral hop was a major biggie for me to but many claim not to have experienced this and i'm hoping they have really put the car through the same paces i did on uneven pavement in curves before reporting back that the lateral hop was not present. additionally, the rear sway bar is supposedly 3 way adjustable and comes full "stiff" from the factory which would indicate the lateral hop can be dialed out anyway - if present. the clostrophobic feel of the interior with that all consuming sloped center console is indeed a wart for me i hope i can learn to live with. lastly, the ride height is very much a problem given my garage and how and where i plan to drive the car. if that can be fixed (as well as lateral hop), i think i can live with it. i think i was saying to myself earlier "why would you want to put up with all these negatives in a $500k car"? for some reason, i've rationalize my gut reaction to driving the car away - for now. that's usually a very dumb thing to do but we'll see.

and no, the dealer won't voluntarily give back the deposit (or any portion of it).

Old 11-25-2004, 09:30 PM
FineProperty is infamous around these parts
I have a driveway gutter as well, and have enough space to approach at an angle with no scraping. BUT, there are many people that don't have that luxury, especially with an uphill driveway with narrow entrance. The people have gotten plate steel placed over the gutter so water flows through and cars get a smooth ride except for the 1" lip of steel.

Example while it's up on Ebay...Steel Plate on Ebay

Old 11-25-2004, 09:52 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by FineProperty
BUT, there are many people that don't have that luxury, especially with an uphill driveway with narrow entrance.
that's me. my drive way is downhill on the entrance and uphill on the exit and the entry into the garage must be made straight on. this will be doubly the case once the lift is installed.