Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS on track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 12:26 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
T7 is flat land no? maybe T8? wondering which brand rollbar it had.

not sure if 2/13 ncrc is full.
you are right Joe, i meant to say turn 8. he flipped after turn 8 because he took the turn with too much speed ( i would guess faster than 100 mph) and roll off to the right before turn 9's hill top. i am not sure which brand of roll bar he has but it did it's job

i will contact NCRC and see if DE is all full

love to run with you again soon

Old 01-20-2009, 12:44 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Nothing better than seeing a GT3/RS on the track! They really are something special.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:38 AM
aviator33 is infamous around these parts
great write up ~ thanks for sharing.

Did you install the GT2 seats in the RS? If so, do you have any pics?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:35 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aviator33
great write up ~ thanks for sharing.

Did you install the GT2 seats in the RS? If so, do you have any pics?
yes i did and they are GREAT! will post couple pictures soon

Old 01-20-2009, 10:17 AM
sheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura about
congratulations! As I'm sure you learned, you really don't feel the RS's potential until getting it on the track. I'm surprised you sensed brake fade with the pccbs....make sure you warm them up on your warm up lap, and make sure you watch pad thickness. Less than 50% pad thickness increases heat to the rotors...watch the rears in particular. Great photos too! Thanks

Old 01-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
great writeup and great pictures, looking forward to get myself a GT3 PDK in a few years.

too bad for the 911 cab accident. The track days that I attend do not allow us to carry a front passenger, only instructors are allowed.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Mvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura about
I knew it wouldn't be long until you took the RS to it's home.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by sheim911rs
congratulations! As I'm sure you learned, you really don't feel the RS's potential until getting it on the track. I'm surprised you sensed brake fade with the pccbs....make sure you warm them up on your warm up lap, and make sure you watch pad thickness. Less than 50% pad thickness increases heat to the rotors...watch the rears in particular. Great photos too! Thanks
i was surprised too how fast the PCCB faded after 3 hard braking - esp from 130+ mph. my brakes are hardly used before this. will use more aggressive pads next time

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
great writeup and great pictures, looking forward to get myself a GT3 PDK in a few years.

too bad for the 911 cab accident. The track days that I attend do not allow us to carry a front passenger, only instructors are allowed.
i felt sorry for the couple esp. the wife. they looked pretty shaken up and left the track early i am convinced some form of a roll bar is needed for all cars on track

yes, RS is at home on the track

Old 01-20-2009, 11:35 AM
sheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura about
the pccbs really need to be warmed up to work at their best....you may have been experiencing that. When not warmed up they feel almost like the "green fade" you get if you use new pads hard without bedding them. I literally drag my foot on the brake pedal on the first several braking zones in the warm up lap.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:59 AM
the pccbs really need to be warmed up to work at their best....you may have been experiencing that. When not warmed up they feel almost like the "green fade" you get if you use new pads hard without bedding them. I literally drag my foot on the brake pedal on the first several braking zones in the warm up lap.
interesting ... i noticed the fade after couple laps of hard braking. will pay more attention to them next time out

Old 01-20-2009, 01:04 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mikymu
you are right Joe, i meant to say turn 8. he flipped after turn 8 because he took the turn with too much speed ( i would guess faster than 100 mph) and roll off to the right before turn 9's hill top. i am not sure which brand of roll bar he has but it did it's job

i will contact NCRC and see if DE is all full

love to run with you again soon
i cringe on that turn. no brakes; on the gas. but i'm not going fast enough as i see there's still lots of pavement left to my right.

hope you get in. those gt2 seats look amazing. i still have stock seats, so no 6-point harness yet. but in due time i shall.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by speedoflight
i cringe on that turn. no brakes; on the gas. but i'm not going fast enough as i see there's still lots of pavement left to my right.

hope you get in. those gt2 seats look amazing. i still have stock seats, so no 6-point harness yet. but in due time i shall.
lol

it took me a while before i learn to look at turn 8 as a "fake turn" and just concentrate on the left and gun it through. i can take my M3 though that turn around 95 mph - scary stuff. i think my RS can go faster but will take my time

i have not heard back from NCRC yet. i just might register and see what happens. you will love the GT2 seats, they are GREAT for track work!

Old 01-20-2009, 01:26 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
I agree with the above! Mine's steel and I still can still do a five lap session on out highspeed track with minimal fade. I drove a friend's PCCB equipped RS and no fade whatsoever!

Old 01-20-2009, 05:36 PM
sws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of light
If the PCCBs have never been tracked, you probably experienced green fade, since they've never been bed properly. The good news is that you're past the fade now, and they'll be fine.

I (and many many others) witnessed the same thing with mine when I took my car out for the first time.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by sws1
If the PCCBs have never been tracked, you probably experienced green fade, since they've never been bed properly. The good news is that you're past the fade now, and they'll be fine.

I (and many many others) witnessed the same thing with mine when I took my car out for the first time.
that's good to know. i will keep the OEM pads and see how it perform at my next event

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS on track