Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS on track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 05:37 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikymu
Oh man! you are one of those snot kicking boosted NSX gang lol. you guys are hella fast - the only car that pass me the whole day. i usually run the mixed group but they were out of space so Doug put me in the intermediate B group.

i like Bob and esp his teaching style. he is not condescending and laugh when i make god awful mistakes. i will ask him to ride with me again next time for some tips. it's always good to learn from instructor after doing couple sole sessions
bob is cool,
tell him to drive his Ruf boxster next time.
i love the ears on his helmet.
i always give him trouble ;-)

Old 01-21-2009, 09:08 PM
mixedmac is infamous around these parts
Hey mike I was at thunderhill and I remember seeing you.
I was in a silver 997 gt3 with blach wheels. The car was
Absolutely awesome, very predictable. The only turn I
Needed to lift off at was 14, to get the tail around quicker.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:45 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997gt3north
Your pccb issues

1) First issue is that not until a PCCB equiped car has been to the track and not until about the 3rd lap or so of hard braking will the ceramic rotors themsleves get scrubbed in enough to allow the "bite-point" to fall approximately 1 inch so that the brake pedal and gas pedal now line up for proper heal/toe. As you know, when new, the initial bite point of ceramic rotors is very high under street conditions and is very on/off (i.e. terrible from a modulation perspective and from a heal/toe perspective requires some gymnatics of the right foot. The good news is now that you have "scrubbed" them in, the pedals now line-up. What you likely experienced was the lowering of the bite point while on the track and your brain (rightly so) may have attributed it to fade.

2) The stock pads that are delivered with the ceramics will absolutely when new experience a "gas release" during the first really hot session and you will likely miss 2 corners (you have to be ready for this it happens with all new pads) - it feels like you can't push hard enough and the car is not stopping. If there are no police around try your hardest to get this gas release done on the street when you put in new pads before you hit the track

3) It is possible and maybe it happened to you, that the above two things happen at the same time (bite-point lowers / new pad gas release). I'm pretty sure this happened to me 20 months ago at limerock on the first trackday in the spring of 2007. If this happens, not only is your brain freaking out because the car is not stopping but i think the computer also freaks out and believe it or not the pedal goes virtually to the floor.

The good news is that now that your initial bite-point has moved lower what is also magical is that the pedal "feel" is no longer on/off but can now be modulated (much better for the track)

I would suggest changing the brake fluid to motul or better (motul works for me)

Hope that helps

Paul
WOW! thanks for the info and that help explain why i almost stop the car to check my brakes at the track lol

I will stay with OEM pads for now to see how it feels like on my next event. will change brake fluid soon

Originally Posted by 997gt3north
- the OE LSD clutch stack is a known 'weak spot' by those that track hard ..................
Paul, you lost me at hello lol

what a great info on Porsche LSD. I will look into this matter more. may investigate on the motorsport LSD too/ rep points to ya

Old 01-22-2009, 01:57 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mooty
bob is cool,
tell him to drive his Ruf boxster next time.
i love the ears on his helmet.
i always give him trouble ;-)
i will top his helmet with a racoon cover next time lol

i just got in the 2/13 NCRC event at TH. will see ya there. which car will you be driving?

Originally Posted by mixedmac
Hey mike I was at thunderhill and I remember seeing you.
I was in a silver 997 gt3 with blach wheels. The car was
Absolutely awesome, very predictable. The only turn I
Needed to lift off at was 14, to get the tail around quicker.
yes, i do remember seeing your GT3 too. hope you had a good day at TH. agree that GT3 handles really well. how does it compare with your E46 M3?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
itacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the rough
It was the Tequipment roll bar. Fortunately, there was no passenger in the car. As the picture suggests, a passenger would probably not have survived. The car apparently nosed into the dirt and bounced off the the roof on the passenger side, before landing upright again.

Sorry for the poor image quality - it's a poor capture of my computer screen.

Originally Posted by speedoflight
T7 is flat land no? maybe T8? wondering which brand rollbar it had.

not sure if 2/13 ncrc is full.

Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2009, 09:14 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikymu
WOW! thanks for the info and that help explain why i almost stop the car to check my brakes at the track lol

I will stay with OEM pads for now to see how it feels like on my next event. will change brake fluid soon

Paul, you lost me at hello lol

what a great info on Porsche LSD. I will look into this matter more. may investigate on the motorsport LSD too/ rep points to ya

guards LSD is much better than the motorsport unit.
you also need to find a place to install it. it's no easy job to set back lash. jerry woods enterprises would do it. not sure dealer can do it right.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:16 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by itacud
It was the Tequipment roll bar.
thanks

Old 01-24-2009, 08:27 PM
itacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the rough
Correction... it was actually not a Tequipment bar. It was something custom (like a TC Design.) Recieved some corrected information.
Originally Posted by speedoflight
thanks

Old 01-24-2009, 10:22 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Why would they let a guy in the green run group take a passenger for a ride?
Nice shots anyway!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by itacud
Correction... it was actually not a Tequipment bar. It was something custom (like a TC Design.) Recieved some corrected information.
man .... even then the passenger side is still crushed. i am getting my roll bar installed as we speak

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Why would they let a guy in the green run group take a passenger for a ride?
Nice shots anyway!
we were running the intermediate group and the C4S supposedly had > 6 track days at TH .... still went wide right off turn 6