Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

I am so frustrated !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 02:38 PM
DingDing is just really niceDingDing is just really niceDingDing is just really niceDingDing is just really nice
Angry I am so frustrated !

Just got my CGT on Monday. It's really a beautifual car. The only problem is I can't get it going.

I've been drove stick shift before, but the CGT clutch is so hard. Every time I start from a dead stop, the motor got killed.

I understand you have to let the clutch out first, and no gas on engagement. But, how far should I let the clutch pedal up from the floor before I give it gas? Do I need to wait until the car start moving then give it gas? If I l left my foot off the clutch pedal, and don't give it gas, will it stall?

Thanks in advance

Old 01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
Couldn't you try all the way you just mentioned, and see which way works?

Congrats on the car.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Let the clutch out slowly and as soon as you feel it starting to catch, give it some gas. Maybe you should go rent a beater and learn on that clutch so you don't blow 20g's on the CGT clutch trying to learn on it....

Old 01-27-2009, 03:59 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the CGT! Did you notice this problem on the initial test drive? Most race clutches will require a lot of left leg exercises. I remember stalling my car on the way home after my new clutch was installed. Even makes you wish they made a sequential tranny instead huh?

Old 01-27-2009, 04:03 PM
bbs993tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DingDing
Just got my CGT on Monday. It's really a beautifual car. The only problem is I can't get it going.

I've been drove stick shift before, but the CGT clutch is so hard. Every time I start from a dead stop, the motor got killed.

I understand you have to let the clutch out first, and no gas on engagement. But, how far should I let the clutch pedal up from the floor before I give it gas? Do I need to wait until the car start moving then give it gas? If I l left my foot off the clutch pedal, and don't give it gas, will it stall?

Thanks in advance
Let the clutch out until you feel the auto-throttle kick in. Then it's safe to give it has. It's there to keep you from frying the clutch because at $25,000, you don't want to be replacing them often.

If you don't give it gas, it won't stall. It will even take you up an incline without applying the gas and won't stall.

Once you get used to it, it's second nature. You'll change your mind about it being hard.

Are you in the Dallas area?

Last edited by bbs993tt; 01-27-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Porsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to beholdPorsche917 is a splendid one to behold
you can get the cgt rolling with no throttle input, the dme will assist you... how about some pictures of your new toy?

Old 01-27-2009, 04:09 PM
DingDing is just really niceDingDing is just really niceDingDing is just really niceDingDing is just really nice
Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Are you in the Dallas area?
I am in Houston

Old 01-27-2009, 04:27 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Post pics.

Where did you get it?

No throttle 'til clutch fully engaged. Very slow at first until you get a feel for the engagement point. Once you have about 50 or 100 drive-aways you'll be able to nail the throttle part way through the engagement.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:44 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Swing on by and let me check it out for you. I'm sure after a week or so I can share everything I learned with you...

Congrats on the ride.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
this either cant be real or an impulse buy from someone with too much money and too little passion

A kind gentlemen let me drive his once, didnt stall once. In fact I would say its the EASIEST clutch to use. Its idiot proof, it lauches the car for you!!! You dont need any gas, hell on a hill it figures it out for you and does it for you aswell!!

now, if this is real
treat it like an automatic that you break with you right foot. As you let off the brake and move it to the gas it will pull a tad on its own, its pretty much just like that only you pull your left foot off the clutch.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by jamie
Post pics.

Where did you get it?

No throttle 'til clutch fully engaged. Very slow at first until you get a feel for the engagement point. Once you have about 50 or 100 drive-aways you'll be able to nail the throttle part way through the engagement.
Got from a guy in MA, it has 2K miles on it, blk/dark grey. Ill take and post pics tomorrow.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:10 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
is this for real?

I just bought a CGT and cannot figure out the clutch????

Should have gotten the Tip Cgt

Old 01-27-2009, 06:17 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Its different from any other manuel.

As others stated:

1. Put in 1st.
2. Let out clutch (don't drop it, ease it out WITHOUT GAS)
3. Ease on the gas

I'm not sure why porsche does not put these on all of their manual cars ???? Oh yea because it costs $20K.... maybe it would not if they made thousands of them!

Old 01-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by PJS
is this for real?

I just bought a CGT and cannot figure out the clutch????

Should have gotten the Tip Cgt
Im afraid it is real. I'll make sure to buy a Toyata Prius, so I don't have to ask this kind of dumb question again.

But seriously, did you have you a dream car even before you learn how to drive? Don't tell me you were born with that talent (now how to drive a stick shift CGT).

Old 01-27-2009, 06:55 PM
CMJTperry is infamous around these parts
This has to be a joke.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am so frustrated !