Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Cool Project of the Week: White 997 GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:20 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996wings
Great work!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
WOW
Nicest looking GT2 I have EVER seen. The white is awesome with the black grill. Those champions are pure race looking and fit the car perfectly. What a project and I can only imagine what that car drives like.
It's a great color for the GT2 (and on the 996 as well)...
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
The grilles are an excellent idea! Very nice execution and the whole car looks fantastic!
Cheers buddy!
Originally Posted by Rooks1556
It's the continued high quality work you guys do that keep you on top. Nice mods.
Thank you ever so much!
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
damn, nice modding so far on a new car
Cheers man!
Originally Posted by WyattH
+1

agreed, RS98 works well there
They're so very light which is a bonus
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
looks great, where do you get the material for the grill screen? Is it stainless steel?
Thanks and James got it from a hardware supply store.
Originally Posted by fredttx50
too bad roll bar ain't in white!!
It's for stealth purposes
Originally Posted by Haen
That is one clean GT2. I'm impressed.
Danke!
Originally Posted by Pistol
that car is amazing

great work sharky!

question, how do you slide those seats forward and back w/the fire extinguisher there?
is there an adjuster built onto the fire extinguisher bracket?

or is the seat fixed permanently for the driver?
Thanks Pistol and it's attached in a similar fashion to our 996GT3 FE kit so it's secured in place along with the seat and moves back and forth with it.
Originally Posted by c2mojo
Does it really get any better than this? Amazing car and great work as usual.

When I read the article with your 3.8RS and the GT2 it was mentioned that the RS needed a good alignment to make it right. Does the GT2 need the same?
Thanks cjmojo... I think out of the box the suspension was set up much better on the street for the 2 vs the 3. A lot of 3s showed up out of whack that's for sure.

Originally Posted by Gates311
Awesome car...perfect setup with the Champions.
Thanks Gates311!

Old 01-31-2009, 12:58 PM
sheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura about
awesome! It would have been cool to do the roll bar in yellow matching the factory belts

Old 01-31-2009, 05:20 PM
M3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud of
White GT2 FTW !! great looking car

Old 01-31-2009, 05:38 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sheim911rs
awesome! It would have been cool to do the roll bar in yellow matching the factory belts
Thanks and it was more low key this way
Originally Posted by M3lelena
White GT2 FTW !! great looking car
I agree the car looks neat in white

Old 02-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Ok fellas thanks for the inquiries as it seems like there are a few of you guys out there with these seats so we're going ahead and making 25 of them (they'll look slightly different to the one you see here) and I'll let you know once they're ready

For those interested drop dan@sharkwerks.com an Email and we'll add ya' to the list....

Old 02-27-2009, 08:31 PM
996toomey is infamous around these parts
We need that mount now. When will it be ready? Thanks.

Last edited by 996toomey; 02-27-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:11 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
I was wondering why James was sobbing on the phone when I spoke with him the other day .... now I know he is crying about the cuts on his hand from making the custom screen lol Remind me to bring some surgical grade gloves for you guys next time

Just love these detail post!! I absolutely LOVE seeing things get taken apart and work on that is why I actually like looking at cars all taken apart or during assembly then the completed product. Made my day Alex and great job for the crew at sharkwerk!

I thought about DIY some sort of screens for my front bumper but I really like how they look now (until a rock from hell puncture my radiator) - plus I can vacuum out dead bugs etc. I think I need to DIY a small access door on the screen for vacuum hose. lol

Fern DIY some similar screen on his GT3 front bumper and I think he mentioned the screen was for BBQ grill. His justification was that if it can take the heat from the charcoal then it can take abuse from debris

Ouch ....

Old 03-01-2009, 12:01 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
White GT2 looks sweet.....!

Glad to see the economy has not affected all of your customer base. Was at b-ball yesterday and realized one of my good friends is also your customer as he had your company decal on his Carrera

Have you guys seen the new facelifted GT3's rolling in yet?

rk

Old 03-01-2009, 01:50 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by s4play

They are not out yet.. ?

Old 03-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by 996toomey
We need that mount now. When will it be ready? Thanks.
Hi 996toomey... they're in production so I think 2-3 weeks?

Originally Posted by mikymu
I was wondering why James was sobbing on the phone when I spoke with him the other day .... now I know he is crying about the cuts on his hand from making the custom screen lol Remind me to bring some surgical grade gloves for you guys next time

Just love these detail post!! I absolutely LOVE seeing things get taken apart and work on that is why I actually like looking at cars all taken apart or during assembly then the completed product. Made my day Alex and great job for the crew at sharkwerk!

I thought about DIY some sort of screens for my front bumper but I really like how they look now (until a rock from hell puncture my radiator) - plus I can vacuum out dead bugs etc. I think I need to DIY a small access door on the screen for vacuum hose. lol

Fern DIY some similar screen on his GT3 front bumper and I think he mentioned the screen was for BBQ grill. His justification was that if it can take the heat from the charcoal then it can take abuse from debris

Ouch ....
LOL thanks Mike! Poor James indeed but he's Canadian so he never complains Good idea on the access door!

Originally Posted by s4play
White GT2 looks sweet.....!

Glad to see the economy has not affected all of your customer base. Was at b-ball yesterday and realized one of my good friends is also your customer as he had your company decal on his Carrera

rk
thanks s4play... wonder who that was? It's going to be a while until the new gt3s show up...

Old 03-02-2009, 12:39 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
*edited* Any more pictures?

Last edited by WyattH; 03-02-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:52 PM
996toomey is infamous around these parts
I'd say RS98 by the deep dish on the rears.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Yeah I f*cked it up again. Was coming back to delete that last comment. Get the concave and dish mixed up.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
great job on the grilles those honeycomb ones are easy to bend with your finger tips. as for the ones i used, i had to make a wooden template for the gt3 intakes and pounded away with a hammer.. as you cant bend them by hand.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:24 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
LOL thanks Mike! Poor James indeed but he's Canadian so he never complains Good idea on the access door!
I was once a Canadian and we eat nails and walk on fire because we have national health care lol

Great job and look forward to your future project

Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
great job on the grilles those honeycomb ones are easy to bend with your finger tips. as for the ones i used, i had to make a wooden template for the gt3 intakes and pounded away with a hammer.. as you cant bend them by hand.
OMG Fern

I did not know your DIY was so involved. Great job though. Did you help make Joe's front screen too?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cool Project of the Week: White 997 GT2