Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Euro Rear Bumper Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:54 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mikymu
Thanks Joe

Are you doing the no-rain dance thing for Friday so we can track at TH? lol

Some sort of muffler by-pass is in the works
i'm prayin' man. i need to get away! good thing this event only cost $100 so not much a lose for a no show.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:13 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome man! I actually had the same thing done on my C2S. However, there were a few issues. For one the color match is just a little off. In some light I can see a little color difference or blandness in the red. Also, the exhaust bezel did not seat correctly on my euro bumper and needed to be epoxied down. Word I got is that there have been some issues with the Euro spec bumper. And, the top left vent was cut out a little different than the right.

Name:  IMG_1176.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  43.4 KB

Jason

Old 02-10-2009, 10:54 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTEE3
I replaced my RS bumper also...
did you cut a hole for your tow hook?
No need to cut. The opening is already there

Originally Posted by speedoflight
i'm prayin' man. i need to get away! good thing this event only cost $100 so not much a lose for a no show.
Joe, let's go to Niello Porsche and test drive their 998 C4S if it rains. We can tell the salesman that we need a 4 WD Porsche for raining days lol

Originally Posted by JEllis
Awesome man! I actually had the same thing done on my C2S. However, there were a few issues. For one the color match is just a little off. In some light I can see a little color difference or blandness in the red. Also, the exhaust bezel did not seat correctly on my euro bumper and needed to be epoxied down. Word I got is that there have been some issues with the Euro spec bumper. And, the top left vent was cut out a little different than the right.

Jason
Nice looking Euro bumper. There will always be some color difference depends on your painter's skill for color match. If you look close enough at the OEM bumper you will notice some minor shade difference. This is due to the fact that plastic reflect light differently from metal body panels. My Euro bumper fitments was right on. I guess it depends on the luck of the draw?

Old 02-10-2009, 11:02 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of

Joe, let's go to Niello Porsche and test drive their 998 C4S if it rains. We can tell the salesman that we need a 4 WD Porsche for raining days lol
lol. funny you mention that. i had blown a belt once at sears point which cut my track day in half. had the car towed to sonnen which is ~20mi from SP. they gave me a cayman loaner. the service mgr jokingly said not to take the car to SP. but i think he was being serious.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:20 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
lol. funny you mention that. i had blown a belt once at sears point which cut my track day in half. had the car towed to sonnen which is ~20mi from SP. they gave me a cayman loaner. the service mgr jokingly said not to take the car to SP. but i think he was being serious.
OMG Joe .... only if I knew you then. I would seriously beat you if you did not take that cayman loaner back to Infinion and do donuts and drifting around the track LOL

Old 02-11-2009, 01:19 AM
fastz33 is infamous around these parts
wow that is 10x better

shaves a few too...not too shabby

Old 02-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
it looks great, but what will your insurance company say if you should ever be in a crash. Hate for them to use a non crash test approved bumper as a reason to void your policy.

I thought about taking my Diablo safety bumper off, but its not worth the chance of trouble with my insurance company if something should happen

Old 02-11-2009, 10:34 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Auctung
it looks great, but what will your insurance company say if you should ever be in a crash. Hate for them to use a non crash test approved bumper as a reason to void your policy.

I thought about taking my Diablo safety bumper off, but its not worth the chance of trouble with my insurance company if something should happen
I am thinking about this right now as well...

Old 02-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Auctung

It's a none issue for me. the US bumper only give minimal protection up to 5 mph - in case you back into a pole or your wife's car lol. Any rear collision that require insurance claim usually involve much higher speed so US bumper is no good anyway.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Jgalt is infamous around these partsJgalt is infamous around these parts
insurance company

If insurance companies were that diligent then half the jacked up pickups running the streets would be uninsured.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jgalt
If insurance companies were that diligent then half the jacked up pickups running the streets would be uninsured.
lol ... but true

It's interesting that the issue of insurance coverage came up several times. It's a legitimate concern but one should not worry much about it if you are going to mod your car. Most insurance companies are pretty lenient when it comes to these types of cosmetic mods. Now if you decide to mount a gun turret on top of your car then it will be kind of hard to explain to your insurance adjuster

Old 02-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
very nice

Old 02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
lol ... but true

It's interesting that the issue of insurance coverage came up several times. It's a legitimate concern but one should not worry much about it if you are going to mod your car. Most insurance companies are pretty lenient when it comes to these types of cosmetic mods. Now if you decide to mount a gun turret on top of your car then it will be kind of hard to explain to your insurance adjuster

You should still be fine because I see you put back a 5mph crash beam of sorts and didn't leave it out Had you taken that out....

Old 02-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
You should still be fine because I see you put back a 5mph crash beam of sorts and didn't leave it out Had you taken that out....
yes, yes, it's in there ......

Old 02-11-2009, 07:46 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
yes, yes, it's in there ......
Good call. A few years ago when I was doing some light weight stuff on the 996tt that was the one thing that really seemed to tick off the insurance folks. Leaving the crash beam in was _very_ important but those bumperettes they didn't care about

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Euro Rear Bumper Conversion