Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Euro Rear Bumper Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:53 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
i don't think any insurance adjusters will even notice those little bumperettes are missing.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:40 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
i don't think any insurance adjusters will even notice those little bumperettes are missing.
If they know that the engine is in the rear that'll be a good start

Old 02-12-2009, 10:37 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Good call. A few years ago when I was doing some light weight stuff on the 996tt that was the one thing that really seemed to tick off the insurance folks. Leaving the crash beam in was _very_ important but those bumperettes they didn't care about
Alex, I think you are target more by the insurance co. than most of us since you are a vendor and well known by everyone. Most average Joe will do fine with our mods ... plus I am just as brave as our European brethren with our Euro rear bumpers. No worry there

Old 02-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mikymu
It's a none issue for me. the US bumper only give minimal protection up to 5 mph - in case you back into a pole or your wife's car lol. Any rear collision that require insurance claim usually involve much higher speed so US bumper is no good anyway.

oh I agree with you 100%
BUT
if you think an insurance company wont give you **** and try and use the removal of a safety device as a reason not to pay out on such an expensive car you're nuts. They are SOBs and will find anyway out they can.
More times that not though I doubt they would even notice the Euro bumper difference over the US 5 mph one let alone realise what the bumperettes are even for

Old 02-12-2009, 11:47 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Auctung
oh I agree with you 100%
BUT
if you think an insurance company wont give you **** and try and use the removal of a safety device as a reason not to pay out on such an expensive car you're nuts. They are SOBs and will find anyway out they can.
More times that not though I doubt they would even notice the Euro bumper difference over the US 5 mph one let alone realise what the bumperettes are even for
Yeah .... insurance co. will always find fault if they can to deny coverage - they are in it to save money. This is much like health care. Your health insurance maybe denied if they find out if you did not disclose pre-existing health condition etc. Personally, I am not even concern about my car insurance. I accept the risk of damage every time I take my car to the track or doing any type of mechanical or cosmetic alteration. It's not just auto insurance you have to worry about, you also need to think about your car's warranty. If you are worry about insurance and warranty then keep your car stock. If you want to play and challenge yourself by improving your car's cosmetic appearance and mechanical performance then mod .... and mod I like. You can check out my other Mods on my M3 here: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=184290

Fun stuff!

Last edited by mikymu; 02-12-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:42 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Very nice! The euro rear bumper is a must! Although, I like the new Cup S bumper too!

Old 02-12-2009, 04:04 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by grussell
Very nice! The euro rear bumper is a must! Although, I like the new Cup S bumper too!

Will the Cup S rear bumper work with the stock exhaust or do you need to route the tail pipes higher as the rear exhaust on the Cup S rear opening looks elevated?

Old 02-12-2009, 04:06 PM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GTS-R
Will the Cup S rear bumper work with the stock exhaust or do you need to route the tail pipes higher as the rear exhaust on the Cup S rear opening looks elevated?
I think it fits over the stock exhaust

Old 02-12-2009, 04:09 PM
I think it fits over the stock exhaust
If that is true, I may have it done on mine.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by GTS-R
If that is true, I may have it done on mine.
Call Loren at 911 Design

909-627-1276

loren@nine11design.com

Old 02-12-2009, 04:59 PM
agree .... wow, the Cup S rear bumper is aggressive. I kind of like the exhaust opening on the Euro GT3 bumper better

Old 02-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Roller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to behold
Great mod, I would have made the same mistake as you, but it makes sense that the actual metal bumper is different. Nice weight reduction!

Old 02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
One potential problem with using the Cup S bumper on the street is the rear plate looks like it might no longer fit.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:42 PM
bkcarrera is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up 2010

Mikymu,

Did the mounting holes line up or require some mods?
Am I correct that you took both bumper covers to the paint shop and returned after you installed the new painted cover?

I had my cover off to install the Sharkwerks bypass - I could do the swap if things line up.

Thanks

Old 05-03-2010, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by bkcarrera
Mikymu,

Did the mounting holes line up or require some mods?
Am I correct that you took both bumper covers to the paint shop and returned after you installed the new painted cover?

I had my cover off to install the Sharkwerks bypass - I could do the swap if things line up.

Thanks
Yup, everything line up and no mods needed. The Euro bumper was shipped directly from suncoast Porsche to my body shop to save on shipping and I just bring my US rear bumper in for them to match the color. Post a picture if you get one installed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Euro Rear Bumper Conversion