Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Euro Rear Bumper Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:17 AM
bkcarrera is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Just emailed Suncoast yesterday. waiting for their response.
I recall asking you from a more recent post why you had removed and replaced your bumper so many times (hoping to calm my fear of installing the Sharkwerks bypass). I now understand along with your exhaust work.
Thanks for your help.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:26 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bkcarrera
Just emailed Suncoast yesterday. waiting for their response.
I recall asking you from a more recent post why you had removed and replaced your bumper so many times (hoping to calm my fear of installing the Sharkwerks bypass). I now understand along with your exhaust work.
Thanks for your help.
Any time. It's super easy to remove the rear bumper. You can do it with your eyes close after doing it once

Here is the price break down when I did my Euro rear bumper conversion

These prices are from 1 year ago so it might differ slightly.
  • Euro rear bumper #1: $1172.89
  • Euro rear bumper aluminum beam #17: $447.35 (mine came with heat shield #22)
  • Center Exhaust Heat Shield - #5: $42.01
  • Air outlet frames #30 and #31: $48.22 each x 4 = $192.88
  • Decorative RS side strip: $19.95 each x 2 = $39.90
  • Shipping to business location (your body shop) approx $250 depend on location
  • Painting: My shop at Sacramento charge around $450. Price vary so shop around
Total: $2595.03. Not bad for a Euro rear bumper conversion

Last edited by mikymu; 05-03-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:35 AM
element256 is infamous around these partselement256 is infamous around these parts
Looking great. Amazing thing on the weight savings.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:52 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by element256
Looking great. Amazing thing on the weight savings.
Yup! Weight saving is a definitely a plus

Old 06-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by terrybpp
Very amazed how much it cleans up the look! Might do this to our track cars.
Yup, I love both the look and weight saving!

Old 06-10-2010, 10:42 PM
LSXRX7 is infamous around these parts
I work in the Collision Repair Industry and the Insurance Companies will not have a problem with this conversion.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by LSXRX7
I work in the Collision Repair Industry and the Insurance Companies will not have a problem with this conversion.
Cool, that's good to know

Old 06-11-2010, 08:28 AM
LSXRX7 is infamous around these parts
Love the car BTW, it is my favorite color combo. Great job on the conversion also. Looks amazing.

- Mark

Old 06-11-2010, 09:24 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Looks superb

Old 06-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by LSXRX7
Love the car BTW, it is my favorite color combo. Great job on the conversion also. Looks amazing.

- Mark
Originally Posted by RMcG
Looks superb
Thanks! can't beat better look and lighter rear end

Old 06-22-2010, 10:37 AM
bkcarrera is infamous around these parts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I just picked up my painted and assembled Euro bumper. Installed it last night.
Very pleased. It was a bit more than I planned on. A bunch to get rid of a couple of bumps (plus a few lbs)
Thank you Mikymu for you help.
Suncoast was very helpful as well. They suggested buying a couple of lips - no additional freight.
After Alex convinced me I could do the SharkWerks bypass, I knew this would be pretty easy. Perfect fit.
I had some better pics - trouble with downloading.

Attached Images   
Old 06-22-2010, 01:29 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Can this be done with the RS.2 version on the RS.1 with the LED tails? I wonder if Porsche changed the attachment points of bumper between the 2 versions.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:05 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTS-R
Can this be done with the RS.2 version on the RS.1 with the LED tails? I wonder if Porsche changed the attachment points of bumper between the 2 versions.
I know somebody who swapped the GT3.1 bumper for the GT3.2 to accommodate the LED tail lights. It's not a direct swap since there are a few extra items that need to be replaced, but it worked and seemed simple enough. I have a parts list for what needs to be changed to make it work for the GT3 so maybe the part numbers can be cross referenced to make it work with the RS.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:40 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
I know somebody who swapped the GT3.1 bumper for the GT3.2 to accommodate the LED tail lights. It's not a direct swap since there are a few extra items that need to be replaced, but it worked and seemed simple enough. I have a parts list for what needs to be changed to make it work for the GT3 so maybe the part numbers can be cross referenced to make it work with the RS.
Thanks,
PM sent.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by bkcarrera
I just picked up my painted and assembled Euro bumper. Installed it last night.
Very pleased. It was a bit more than I planned on. A bunch to get rid of a couple of bumps (plus a few lbs)
Thank you Mikymu for you help.
Suncoast was very helpful as well. They suggested buying a couple of lips - no additional freight.
After Alex convinced me I could do the SharkWerks bypass, I knew this would be pretty easy. Perfect fit.
I had some better pics - trouble with downloading.
That look so much nicer and worth the $$$

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Euro Rear Bumper Conversion