Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Pics of My RS at Willow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Pics of My RS at Willow

Went to big track at Willow Springs and wanted to share some pics with you all. It was a first class deal with great people, fast cars and plenty of fun. Special thanks S1 Events for putting the event on, Craig Stanton for instruction and BBI Autosport for track support (Betim, Joey and the crew...you guys rock!). The RSR belongs to my brother-in-law and was simply insane! Enjoy.

Attached Images      
Old 02-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Pics of My RS at Willow (Part - 2)

Here are the rest!

Attached Images    
Old 02-10-2009, 09:50 PM
vtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these parts
I am glad you enjoyed it. I was there helping out that day, I actually did the lead and follow with you. Remember me in the sliver 997 turbo?

Old 02-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah man. How's it going? How's your Turbo? Still thinking about getting a GT3?

Old 02-10-2009, 10:10 PM
vtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
Yeah man. How's it going? How's your Turbo? Still thinking about getting a GT3?
Great. My turbo is gone and I am waiting for the new GT3. May do another event soon. Lets keep in touch.

Regards,

Vivek

Old 02-10-2009, 10:10 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
I saw you (actually your car) there.

I was at street that day and kept watching your car and the RSR go around 8 & 9.

I did the big track the next day, with PCA.

It was my first time on the big track and it was fun (especially since my tires were pretty much bald!!!)

BTW, what time were yo posting on the big track?

Old 02-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by mobonic
I saw you (actually your car) there.

I was at street that day and kept watching your car and the RSR go around 8 & 9.

I did the big track the next day, with PCA.

It was my first time on the big track and it was fun (especially since my tires were pretty much bald!!!)

BTW, what time were yo posting on the big track?
I know the RSR being pushed about 75 percent was doing about 1:26, dont know what the RS was doing. But I was doing 1:33 in my turbo.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:13 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Awesome pics! Your car looks great! B.B.I.'s RSR is a beauty too.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:22 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
great times.

I was in my 997S on stock (worn) tires.

at about 75% i was doing about 1:44

It was my first time there & I hope to take a lot of time off that my next try, now that i know what is coming on the next turn

its a tough track to go fast on without having a lot of seat time on that track, a lot of turns can come and bite you if you have a little mistake, especially turn 9 at 120+ mph

Last edited by mobonic; 02-10-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, I saw your car at GMG on Monday....

Jason

Old 02-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Wasn't keeping times and don't want to know. It was my first time driving the RS on a track. However, I have driven that track before. I was driving it at 8/10. Was focusing on turns 1, 2, 8 and 9 and being smooth. Towards the end, was doing well over 100 in 8 and hit 140 (albeit barely) in the long straight. Still a rookie and have lots to learn. And man was it fun. The last hour of the event, not a lot of cars and I felt like I had the track all to myself!

Vivek, that was fast.. sold it already! Good call on waiting for 997.2 GT3. I am sure I'll see you out there again. Planning on doing a lot of events this year.

Last edited by Laguna_Dude; 02-10-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Man, it's a small world! Having the rear cage re-done in black, adding 996 GT3 seats (black leather w/alcantara inserts) and 6-point harnesses. GMG is solid. James and Fabryce are class acts. Hope to pick it up this week.

Getting work done on your car?

Old 02-10-2009, 10:56 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Here are the rest!
Good goodness! Is that an 09 RSR?! Is that Betim and Joey fueling? If that's them I was at the shop the day the wheels for that RSR came in. Love those guys! They are no joke!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:11 PM
escreation is infamous around these parts
Your car looks nice! I like the dummy caps on the wheels, nice touch!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:13 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Man, it's a small world! Having the rear cage re-done in black, adding 996 GT3 seats (black leather w/alcantara inserts) and 6-point harnesses. GMG is solid. James and Fabryce are class acts. Hope to pick it up this week.

Getting work done on your car?
I figured that is what they were doing. I was actually picking up some of my stock parts after having them install a center exit exhaust and GT3 rear bumper.

Jason

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of My RS at Willow