GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS Suspension available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 07:04 AM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by rockitman
...you are a bad influence!!!
I'm a bad influence, moi? You know how many times I thought about putting that RS wing on my car since you got yours...?

Can anyone compare the GT3 with GT3RS, anyone?

Looking like for around ~$20K you can convert a GT3 to an RS...

Old 09-30-2004, 07:17 AM
john stephanus is infamous around these parts
Tyson,

I am sure it handles very well...I was just trying to point out these are always compromises as to particular conditions. But...in the end, I am sure it is a wonderful handling car in most conditions...much better than my turbo will ever be!

Old 09-30-2004, 07:18 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by MetalSolid
I'm a bad influence, moi? You know how many times I thought about putting that RS wing on my car since you got yours...?

Can anyone compare the GT3 with GT3RS, anyone?

Looking like for around ~$20K you can convert a GT3 to an RS...
The best thing that happened to me today after my "TSB job" was the realization that I am ready for the track. Today was the first time I have relinquished control of that car to anyone since delivery. I now have a good feeling and relationship with my mechanic and my car is better now than when I brought it in(DME Update). I have just experienced freedom from a mild case of "poseur complex" I have been experiencing and now am ready to take the "red" pill, if you know what I mean next season...Spring '05. Really can't wait!!!!

My present to myself after my first track day is the RS suspension. Something to look forward too.

Old 10-01-2004, 06:23 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
For 99% of you guys ..............a stock 2004 GT3 is just as good as you will ever need. HOWEVER, if you are a tech-no gearhead and/or plan on lowering/slamming a GT3 into the weeds-- you will need the GT3 RS front uprights................just like all the racers that installed them on 964 and 993 RS cars.

If I had a GT3 and had to have the GT3RS suspension the only way I would SPEND $7000 is to sell off the GT3 suspension to a 996 DE/Clubracer and then and only then get the GT3RS kit. Otherwise...........its $8000 wasted.

If you mount MOTONS/JRZ/Protracks on your street driven GT3 GT2..............with real springs.............you will have an undriveable street car as the shocks are WAY WAY too STIFF and thats even on full soft............FURTHERMORE the spring rates REQUIRED to work with the Raceshocks are very stiff. So if someone says "my buddy has the Motons and his car rides okay" then they screwed up and went with SOFTTEE springs and its all loused up and the GT3/GT2 should have stayed stock yet again!

Stick with the GT3 or GT3RS suspension as is and that INCLUDES LEE Walczak. Dont get that nice new GT3 and ***** it all up to undriveable race car with full rollcage and Recaro PROFI race seat and ditch the A/C..................for 6 drivers ED days/year like the last 2 993RS cars you created. Just buy it and drive it like LP Herman.

If I was getting a nice new GT3. I would:
1) GT3 RS rear wing, rotozip the front fender holes on the USA bumper
2) Order from GERT the GT3 RS RED stiickers and have the wheels painted RED.
3) Tech Equipemnt rollbar & GT3 seats OMP belts
4) GT3RS rear decklid spoiler with RAMAIR SCOOPS
5) GT3 RS lite flywheel
6) BBS RE magnesium wheels with Michelin slicks ($$$$$)

The last one modification are CHEAP & easy for +30HP

GT3 Catbypass pipes and Maxflo sport mufflers and GT3 RS ROW DME..............so I can BLITZ all the other GT3 owners.

Fall back position-stick a 550HP ANDIAL 993TT GT2 engine into a 2800lb 993 RS Clubsport with A/C & CD radio and go even faster.

Old 10-01-2004, 06:56 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Great post Joe!!

Old 10-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
rockitman said...

I have just experienced freedom from a mild case of "poseur complex" I have been experiencing and now am ready to take the "red" pill, if you know what I mean next season...Spring '05. Really can't wait!!!
Why wait....
Drivers Ed. at Pocono North October 9-10th
Metro New York PCA

Old 10-01-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Trundle997
Why wait....
Drivers Ed. at Pocono North October 9-10th
Metro New York PCA
I am sure it's sold out...Metro PCA events are hard to get into the first time, I hear....especially this late in the game.

Old 10-02-2004, 07:01 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 993RSClubsport
If you mount MOTONS/JRZ/Protracks on your street driven GT3 GT2..............with real springs.............you will have an undriveable street car as the shocks are WAY WAY too STIFF and thats even on full soft............FURTHERMORE the spring rates REQUIRED to work with the Raceshocks are very stiff. So if someone says "my buddy has the Motons and his car rides okay" then they screwed up and went with SOFTTEE springs and its all loused up and the GT3/GT2 should have stayed stock yet again!
I agree with some of the points in your post, but how much would you like to bet I can prove you wrong on using modified JRZ's for the street?

The key is to revalve them for street use, and getting the right guy to do it.

I happen to know such a guy. And he is one of the best suspension gurus out there. And he is on this board...

Old 10-02-2004, 07:55 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by rockitman
I am sure it's sold out...Metro PCA events are hard to get into the first time, I hear....especially this late in the game.
Chances are it is sold out, it is the last Metro event for the season, and Pocono events are usually well attended.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:02 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
You must be talking about Kerry Eisenlohr or the other guy in CALIF..............some of the best in the business, For the rest of us however............if you revalve custom racing shocks and soften them up considerably to work with soft springs................I would venture that the entire cost and aggravation would not be any more beneficial that just a good set of factory Bilsteins or H&R suspension system............as they last longer and never ever fail and there is no magic guesswork.

I have personal experience in this area and have installed JRZ double adjustables..........then went to JRZ triples adjustables..............then went to PROTRAC triples..............had nothing but warranty issues............blown shocks seals at innopportune times...........ruined alignments ..............car down while shock(s) were overnighted for rebuilds (some failed the very day they were installed-broken BEFORE they were put on the car).............spent alot of time messing with gas pressures, adjustments were uneven.........and other BULL****!

I called Chris @ Technodyne...............arranged a set of 993 factory Porsche Supercup shocks and installed doublesprings.............car rides better than ever and handles like a dream and BILSTEINS never ever fail. He said if I wanted to go faster at the racetrack............then MOTONS with big springs would work..........BUT the car would be absolutely terrible on the street. Like 1800# front with 2200# rear.

NO GOOD for Bench racin' ................super high tech cool "look at what he has in his car bench racin' .

Old 10-06-2004, 08:46 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 993RSClubsport
You must be talking about Kerry Eisenlohr or the other guy in CALIF..............some of the best in the business, For the rest of us however............if you revalve custom racing shocks and soften them up considerably to work with soft springs................I would venture that the entire cost and aggravation would not be any more beneficial that just a good set of factory Bilsteins or H&R suspension system............as they last longer and never ever fail and there is no magic guesswork.
Cary is most definitely one of the best and extremely knowledgable. When he says it's doable, I believe him.

I've ridden in his car with revalved JRZ's, it's no stiffer than my GT2 and he has not had any reliability issues.

I challenge you to prove us wrong with factory Bilsteins or H&Rs against the ERP JRZ setup.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:29 AM
DCLEE is infamous around these parts
Joe: You have convinced me, dude. Now I am REALLY going to ***** the car up (hey-- is that some technical racin' term you picked up from Dale Earnhardt Jr., or what?) with OMP carbon race seats (not belts, don't buy their belts), the RS rear wing and ram-air, I will cut the front bumper cover for those three crucial slot thingees, get the full TPC pro-SGS suspension, get the cage, get the clutch/flywheel, and do the uprights later. I guess I'll have to keep the stock exhaust, tho-- don't want to lose any backpressure, like HZ sez...

Lee in D.C.

Old 10-08-2004, 06:35 AM
Former Vendor
Hi Guys DCLEE is my Porsche club buddy. He just sold his recent 2nd 993RS conversion. He has about $500,000 in 2 recent 993 to 993RS and 993RSR conversions.

About to buy a mint 2004 GT3 and for 6 DE days /year.................wants to build a 2004 CUP car dba ALEX JOB SPEEDVISION GT racecar. Admit it DCLEE..................youre going to build a SPEEDVISION GT car for the street and now have 3 perfectly NO GOOD streetcars. WHY WHY WHY? Are you an Indian Bloodletter or just enjoy self inflicted pain!

No matter I have you hooked up on the parts!

Rafael Lopiz will be gunning for you in B stock

Joe

PS When my 2006-2007 997 3.8liter GT3 with sequential shift and 445HP comes out you are all done!

Old 10-08-2004, 06:47 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
I agree with some of the points in your post, but how much would you like to bet I can prove you wrong on using modified JRZ's for the street?

The key is to revalve them for street use, and getting the right guy to do it.

I happen to know such a guy. And he is one of the best suspension gurus out there. And he is on this board...
Me too Tyson.. He's fricking AWESOME and he hooked us up