Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Should I spray my stock GT3 wheels to black?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:04 AM
prodigue is infamous around these parts
Should I spray my stock GT3 wheels to black?

Guys.. need your two cents on spraying my stock GT3 wheels to gloss black. Would it make the wheels look smaller than its actual size as black tends to do so.

Anyone did this before? A pic would be great thanks. Considering this cheaper option as opposed to buying a set of aftermarket black wheels.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
Its alot cheaper then buying a new car as well. If its going to refresh the car in your mind then by all means do it. What color is your GT3? I blacked out my yellow GT2 stock wheels and I think it looks much more aggressive.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Kuzi
Its alot cheaper then buying a new car as well. If its going to refresh the car in your mind then by all means do it. What color is your GT3? I blacked out my yellow GT2 stock wheels and I think it looks much more aggressive.
Oops forgotten to mention that my car's white. It looks classy with the white and silver combo but I'm just worried that it may look thrashy if I sprayed it black.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Kuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to beholdKuzi is a splendid one to behold
black wheels on a white GT porsche is amazing. Search out the pics and you'll see. Here is a pic of my yellow with black rims.

Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2009, 10:05 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Go for it Desmond! Get them powder coated rather than painted because it'll hold up much better....

Old 03-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Here's what it would look like. I just pshoped the stock wheels black and it looks good. I don't think it looks better or worse, but different.

Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Kuzi
black wheels on a white GT porsche is amazing. Search out the pics and you'll see. Here is a pic of my yellow with black rims.
1 word. WOW.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by LaneS@MAcarbon
Here's what it would look like. I just pshoped the stock wheels black and it looks good. I don't think it looks better or worse, but different.
Cool thanks for that. Do you think spraying the stock wheels black would make them look a tad small?

Old 03-23-2009, 02:20 PM
yearonemedia@ho is a splendid one to beholdyearonemedia@ho is a splendid one to beholdyearonemedia@ho is a splendid one to beholdyearonemedia@ho is a splendid one to beholdyearonemedia@ho is a splendid one to beholdyearonemedia@ho is a splendid one to behold
White with black wheels looks amazing but then I am biased.... Matt black powder coat.

Attached Images    
Old 03-23-2009, 03:17 PM
buttons is infamous around these parts
Just did mine (white 997 GT3) last summer, got fed up with the silver. Totally transformed look of car, looks lower and a lot better IHO. OPC did it superbly well. I paid £58 per wheel, just got to be careful when cleaning. Goes 10% quicker already lol.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:19 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yearonemedia@ho
White with black wheels looks amazing but then I am biased.... Matt black powder coat.
That's exactly the way to do it:P

Old 03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
YseanY is infamous around these parts
i like both the silver and black look... racey vs classy.

but like yearonemedia@ho, i'd do matte black

Old 03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
I don't like it, especially stock wheels (IMO it looks much classier with silver wheels on white) but its your car. Do them in pink if it makes you happy, though.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:01 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by prodigue
Guys.. need your two cents on spraying my stock GT3 wheels to gloss black. Would it make the wheels look smaller than its actual size as black tends to do so.

Anyone did this before? A pic would be great thanks. Considering this cheaper option as opposed to buying a set of aftermarket black wheels.

I just powder coated my wheels gloss black last week and I'm happy with the look. It makes the car look very aggressive.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
I just powder coated my wheels gloss black last week and I'm happy with the look. It makes the car look very aggressive.
Some pics?

Wanna compare it with matte black.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I spray my stock GT3 wheels to black?