Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Just got my 08 GT3... when can I order my 2010?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Frustrum is infamous around these parts
Just got my 08 GT3... when can I order my 2010?

I just got an 08 GT3 and it is the most amazing car I've ever been in... I couldn't be happier.

Now, the 2010 has touch-screen nav/ipod, PSM, and the 1-button nose lift... if they didn't change anything else it would be the perfect car imo. My wife is especially interested in the PSM.

I asked a local porsche dealer and he basically said I could put down some money to hold a place in line? Is there anyway to do this more officially with porsche (I couldn't find anything on porsche.com). Do you just wait for official order forms to exist before you can make a real order? The local dealer acted like the 1-button lift, and other options, were just rumors.

Thanks for any and all info.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:36 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
1-button lift, dynamic engine mounts, upgraded brakes, centerlocks, etc are not rumors.

as far as ordering: yes you need to get in line at a dealer. some require deposits, some might not. that place in line matches their allocations. otherwise you can wait until they arrive, hope one is not purchased off the floor, but then you cannot spec options.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:59 AM
ir_fuel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Frustrum
The local dealer acted like the 1-button lift, and other options, were just rumors.
What a muppet

The car has been officially presented in Geneva, and on the Porsche site you can find the specs and car configurator.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:24 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Is there any weight gain for the new 3?

Old 04-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Must be me but I read this as a very sad post. You're lucky enough to be driving one of the finest cars in the history of automotive-dom and you're looking past it for the next one. I know I'm making the mistake of letting my inside voice out, but just enjoy it. You're a very lucky guy. And it's a great great car.

Originally Posted by Frustrum
I just got an 08 GT3 and it is the most amazing car I've ever been in... I couldn't be happier.

Now, the 2010 has touch-screen nav/ipod, PSM, and the 1-button nose lift... if they didn't change anything else it would be the perfect car imo. My wife is especially interested in the PSM.

I asked a local porsche dealer and he basically said I could put down some money to hold a place in line? Is there anyway to do this more officially with porsche (I couldn't find anything on porsche.com). Do you just wait for official order forms to exist before you can make a real order? The local dealer acted like the 1-button lift, and other options, were just rumors.

Thanks for any and all info.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:09 AM
ir_fuel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
If you check the interview on drivers-republic you ll hear the weight is the same as the previous car, which they think is quite an achievement considering the more stringent safety requirements (e.g. the impact speed for crash tests was raised, which required more weight at the front).

Old 04-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Verde
Must be me but I read this as a very sad post. You're lucky enough to be driving one of the finest cars in the history of automotive-dom and you're looking past it for the next one. I know I'm making the mistake of letting my inside voice out, but just enjoy it. You're a very lucky guy. And it's a great great car.
Nothing wrong with wanting more. It was what once made our country so great. Now the current administration is making everyone feel guilty if you even have a job, let alone make money and have the root of all evil; disposable income.

PS. It probably is not luck.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:18 AM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Thats what I'm wondering

Old 04-08-2009, 10:24 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by JC919
Thats what I'm wondering
I would imagine not considering that the wheels and steel brakes alone are reportedly lighter than the 997.1's hardware. Consider also that the 997.2 will not likely have a sunroof. A front lift system may add weight, but that's elective.

Apparently, as another has posted, DR states no.