Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Best mechanic/service center/dealer in Los Angeles/Valley area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Frustrum is infamous around these parts
Question Best mechanic/service center/dealer in Los Angeles/Valley area?

So my new-to-me 08 GT3 (bought last week) says 6 days to dealer visit... but I didn't buy it from anyone nearby. So....

Where do you take your car in Los Angeles? The woodland hills auto gallery is fairly nearby, but I don't know the word on them as a service center. I'm not familiar with the other service centers in Los Angeles.

If there is anyone with a pickup car service, or a drop-off at work service, that's a nice bonus for me.

Any and all info greatly appreciated. If you have someone to avoid that's good info also.

Thanks.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:07 PM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
My buddy Stan Reed at Newport Porsche is the one that I trust with my cars.
He 'was' the go to guy at his old work place...he's at Newport Porsche now- Also he's an old Porsche Owner's Club track guy too.

That's my suggestion it the LA area- or South of LA

Oh don't worry he's a master tech by Porsche too.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Andrew D. is infamous around these parts
The Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills has serviced 4 of my cars over the years. Ask for Don Sucich. He'll take good care of you. No affiliation - I'm just a satisfied customer.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:58 PM
FooFighterRS4 is infamous around these parts
+1 about Stan for all the reasons stated above.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:35 PM
jsanch21 is infamous around these parts
Pcific Porsche in Torrance: Ask for David Traino (shop foreman, master tech) Nicco is my service advisor. Great people, awesome service. Tell them Jay sent you. No affiliation

Old 04-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Slow4s has a spectacular aura aboutSlow4s has a spectacular aura about
Old 04-21-2009, 01:20 AM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
For major mods and/or setup, driving down to OC may be worth it. These are the shops I recommend in no particular order.

GMG Racing: They win races and take that data and knowledge and engineer high-quality mods/parts. Their shop is insane! Like a toy store. Ask for Fabryce. They are in Santa Ana.

BBI Autosport: These guys are former Porsche Motorsport engineers and engine builders that can turn your GT3 into a balanced track superstar. Theses guys are no joke. And masters at suspension setup and custom exhaust and engine building. Ask for Joey or Betim. They are in Huntington Beach.

RSS/Stuttgart Performance: These guys exclusively distribute some of the finest aftermarket part available... like Cargraphic. They can do it all from simple mods to full blown fabrication. Ask for Mike. They are in Costa Mesa.

I have taken my RS to all 3 three. GMG did some suspension and all interior mods. Stuttgart did exhaust and engine tuning. BBI did Motons and full dialing of suspension. You can't go wrong with any of these. At least for serious work.