Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

996-3 exhaust and headers

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:29 PM
signalpuke is infamous around these parts
Any updates on this one? Charles and Stefan do excellent work

Old 05-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
That sounds OUTRAGEOUS!! Love it.

Ranger

Old 05-17-2009, 02:09 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Update:
car went from ASP (exhaust and headers) to Speedware for pre-season track readiness (rotors, pads, corner balance, alignment, tires, new rear bumper painted, etc)

exhaust, headers, filter, air box modification = 27 whp
torque curve is great

taking it to the track on Wednesday.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:12 PM
boinkus44 is infamous around these parts
Great sound and nice power bump. What's the weight savings versus OEM ?

Old 05-18-2009, 05:19 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boinkus44
Great sound and nice power bump. What's the weight savings versus OEM ?
good question -
exhaust and CF rear bumper almost saved 80 lbs

Old 05-18-2009, 05:27 PM
boinkus44 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PJS
good question -
exhaust and CF rear bumper almost saved 80 lbs
Thanks. 27whp and 80lbs lighter is significant. Nice job.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:35 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by boinkus44
Thanks. 27whp and 80lbs lighter is significant. Nice job.
thanks -- I cannot take any of the credit.

Charles and Stefan at ASP deserve the credit.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:14 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Sounds sinister! Are you going to have any problems with db restrictions at the track? In the video its pretty damn loud!

Old 05-19-2009, 03:17 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by bavorak
Sounds sinister! Are you going to have any problems with db restrictions at the track? In the video its pretty damn loud!
not my local track (pacific raceways aka Thunderdome)
they sound check at PIR (Portland Int. Raceway) and I am not sure... I only go a couple times a year...
I am looking forward to trying ORP (Oregon Raceway Park) and I do not believe they sound check there...

We will see...

Old 05-19-2009, 03:28 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PJS
they sound check at PIR (Portland Int. Raceway) and I am not sure... I only go a couple times a year...
I am looking forward to trying ORP (Oregon Raceway Park) and I do not believe they sound check there...

We will see...
Cross your fingers and hope for a little luck, they can always put on the muffs if they cant handle it!

Old 05-21-2009, 12:17 AM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PJS

We will see...
You are correct, PJ about ORP. There is no decibel restriction in Sherman County, OR. Plus, the track is tucked nicely away from anyone hearing what's going on out there. Plus, there are only about 150 people in Grass Valley and 145 of them are hugely in favor of the track. Just don't do a 3rd gear blast down Highway 97. Finally, if you go out there with me on an Owner's Day later this year, you won't even be able to hear your car when the Rothsport cars are near you

Old 05-21-2009, 11:23 AM
PJS
that is good news Roman!

Car is loud compared to stock but not annoying at all at the track with a helmet on :-)

Old 05-21-2009, 04:02 PM
PJS
bumper painted and first track day done

Old 05-21-2009, 04:14 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Nice!!!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:49 PM
empty is infamous around these parts
Sounds great!
Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 996-3 exhaust and headers