GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

OMG, Me Vs a CGT, today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Banned
Tommy Vercetti is infamous around these parts
OMG, Me Vs a CGT, today.

Well I had a very interesting morning. I was taking my daughter to school this am (late as usual) about 9:03 am when I hear some very strange sound coming from behind my car and heard a loud poping sound, so i was like oh no wth is wrong now? nothing on the gauges so I ask my daughter to look out the back to see if we were smoking since my rearview mirror was pointed way down to look into the backseat. She says no, but there is some thing back there for sure :???: I look over my left shoulder and there she was 2 ft off my door a gold metallic (sorry dont know the color name) CGT in all its howling fury. The driver was a lady in her middle 40's maybe, short dark brown hair and yakking on the phone, to be honest I dont think I even really registered on her scale as a challenge. We were just starting to head up the bridge on ALT A1A over the Jupiter Inlet, south bound, when she pulled even w/me and she nailed it, I was in 2 nd at 5500 and pushed the gas thru the carpet and into 3 rd w/ a nice long chirp off the rears. Well it was over before it began, she had pulled about 6 or 7 lengths on me and never got off the phone (probly) I mean I thought I was going in reverse , it was that staggering, my hair on my neck stood up, and I got goosebumps down both legs. The sound of the beast vibrated thru my doors , up my steering column and into my hands. The sonic waves were unreal, only other time that happened was when I was getting passed by a Viper ACR and he floored it as the pipes were going by my door. Well she shot down the other side of the bridge and that was that. I had gone to full gas for only maybe 7 or 8 secs which will bury 90% of the cars out there, except y'alls of course and again I thought I was going in reverse. Crazy crazy, I am guessing this was Jack Millers car since he is the only one in Jupiter that has one but a female (wife maybe) was on the throttle for sure this day. I totally forgot about the "Learning German for Dummies " CD I was playing for the rest of the trip.
The guy across the street from me just got a 04 Speedyellow 996TT, now I have to drool over this every day for the next 3 yrs.

Old 10-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Holy Crap, very nice encounter

Old 10-10-2004, 12:18 AM
vegasgolf98 is infamous around these parts
You were racing with your daughter in the car????

Old 10-10-2004, 07:26 AM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
nice encounter. also, this is OT, but do you have any pictures of the Strassek widebody? i've never heard of it, but am eager to see it. much appreciated, thanks

Old 10-10-2004, 11:45 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Nice Tommy
Been looking out for ya on the roads up here
Lots of freaking cops up here...very little traffic (good for speed) lots of cops though (bad for speed). I have already been followed for about 3 miles by a PBG cop...
Evan

Old 10-11-2004, 01:55 AM
Banned
Originally posted by vegasgolf98
You were racing with your daughter in the car????
Wow only one person mentioned that I think "racing" might me a little overused in this one, it was more like uhh a little perpendicular acceleration expose' haha, it was a 3 lane bridge w/ no one on it but us, I threw in the towel very quickly. she was going god knows what then maybe 120 I dunno.

Hi Evan, glad to hear you are up here and getting settled , moving has to be one of lifes biggest PITA. I have mad ninja spotting skills for fellow German hot rodders and I certainly dont think a Yellow 996 TT w/ screaming exhaust would get by unoticed so.. Ill keep my eyes peeled. Yes PBG has lots of heat esp the motorcycles, they are packing instant-on, lazers, well hid, just all kinds of trouble. Be extra extra careful around the Gardens Mall, and the area around Frenchmens Reserve on Alt A1A, they are always around there.

Please tell me now whats it like when the some pesky ricer starts really getting on your last nerve when you have that kind of firepower under your foot? Do you just ignore them? or give em a little taste etc.. do this happen to you every day?

Last edited by Tommy Vercetti; 10-11-2004 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:03 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Tommy Vercetti

Hi Evan, glad to hear you are up here and getting settled , moving has to be one of lifes biggest PITA. I have mad ninja spotting skills for fellow German hot rodders and I certainly dont think a Yellow 996 TT w/ screaming exhaust would get by unoticed so.. Ill keep my eyes peeled. Yes PBG has lots of heat esp the motorcycles, they are packing instant-on, lazers, well hid, just all kinds of trouble. Be extra extra careful around the Gardens Mall, and the area around Frenchmens Reserve on Alt A1A, they are always around there.
Please tell me now whats it like when the some pesky ricer starts really getting on your last nerve when you have that kind of firepower under your foot? Do you just ignore them? or give em a little taste etc.. do this happen to you every day?
Thanks for the advice, I was actually followed on Alt. A1A between Hood and Gardens....
For the ricers...I used to give them a taste, untill that taste got me pulled over at triple the speedlimit... I luckly didn't get a ticket and told myself I would never do that again
Evan
PS-My car isn't very loud right now so just be on the lookout (I put my FVD muffler back on)

Old 10-11-2004, 05:21 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
That is one encounter....
That woman can drive given the stories we here about the difficulty of hanlding the CGT clutch....

Old 10-11-2004, 09:21 PM
sporters78 is infamous around these parts
Been looking for you guys up here , Evan told you there were alot of cops up here. look like i'm right in the heart of it. (i'm in Frenchmans reserve, about a mile from the mall)

Old 10-12-2004, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by sporters78
Been looking for you guys up here , Evan told you there were alot of cops up here. look like i'm right in the heart of it. (i'm in Frenchmans reserve, about a mile from the mall)
Yea, I have been being followed by cops everywhere I go . Guess my car draws more attn, up here than it did in Boca .
Evan

Old 10-13-2004, 06:54 AM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
I am puzzled why you thought you had a chance given she was in a lighter car, with substantially more HP and probably stepped on it a second or two before you did.

It was a fools errand on your part. Next time think before you step on the throttle.

Old 10-14-2004, 08:13 AM
West Palm is infamous around these parts
Evan,

I can't believe you live this close to my house and I haven't seen you once. I must be working too much.

Old 10-14-2004, 08:33 AM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Tommy

Who is Jack Miller?

Old 10-14-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by West Palm
Evan,

I can't believe you live this close to my house and I haven't seen you once. I must be working too much.
HEHE,
Wassup man!!! Yea I thought you live right up the road.... I am always out and about so I am sure I will see ya. I might have to come in again....I have the same problem again. I will call Dave tomorrow..
Evan

Old 10-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Banned
Originally posted by nberry
I am puzzled why you thought you had a chance given she was in a lighter car, with substantially more HP and probably stepped on it a second or two before you did.

It was a fools errand on your part. Next time think before you step on the throttle.

Well I am nobody's fool, I can assure you on that. It was a chance I may not have again to see a CGT up close and personal and the chance to see what one is capable of using my car as a measureing stick. This what I live for, I dont play golf, tennis or softball or anything, I live for cars (esp, German, and Italian) and I will not pass up an opportunity to test my mettle against he best of ther best. I pick my foes very carefully, so far I have been up against a CGT, ultra rare Audi RS4 Avant, SL 65, 360 CS, and a few others. Of course I know I will get flicked off like a bug but that is part of the fun, just hearing the cars wail off in the dist is a rush. What do you think I should do? pay attn to every eclipse, vette, mustang, and F body, wheres the challenge in that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OMG, Me Vs a CGT, today.