Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS vs Lotus Esprit at Mfest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 01:09 AM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by PedM5
Ranger,

I've been waiting to run the RPI guys again but they don't seem to want to. I didn't even see them at Mfest but I'm always down for a friendly run and I'm sure it'll happen again sooner or later.
Ped, Im sure someone will step up to the plate for a good run. Where are you at, I may be up for it myself, but my car is all Dinan. Regardless, the Espirit is impressive!!

Old 04-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey Ped, I love you too ...

Sir I was responding to the claims. Take it as you will.
I'll run you with my little "no nothing" POS M5 after it comes out of surgery.
My rule: Racing is racing and no excuses win or lose. When claims are made you must take all comers.

Just another little M5 here in So. Florida:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIGej-dAolA[/media]

Good luck against those M5/M6's.

Ranger (owner of a slow pathetic M5)

Old 04-17-2009, 08:33 AM
T.K
T.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant future
Fast car. What boost does the Esprit produce with the straight pipes?

Old 04-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Ped you're right. I stand down for the greater good. You win, you have a fast car. BTW do you think the RPI M5's are avoiding you?

Good luck to you sir.

Ranger

Old 04-17-2009, 09:25 AM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
Arguing who's faster in a straight line is in my view lame to begin with.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:34 AM
PedM5 is infamous around these parts
I own an M5 too, granted it's an E39 not an E60 I'm a fan of both. I'm in southern California, Orange County to be precise. I welcome any and all challenges as long as we are doing it for fun. I'm not sure if I'd say they are avoiding me but they certainly don't seem eager to do it again. From what I see on the forums their debates with forum members get heated and they take losing personal so I doubt they'd risk it to begin with. Also don't have a boost gauge so it's anyones guess how much boost I'm pushing out.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
See this thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ion-tests.html

Just post the Racelogic results. Too often people are not in the right gear, miss a shift, don't go to redline, etc. If your Lotus is as fast as a GT3 RS, than that's very impressive. I don't believe the stock Lotus is nearly that fast, but maybe I'm wrong. I haven't followed the specs on the newer Lotus cars.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:44 AM
fastdreams has a spectacular aura aboutfastdreams has a spectacular aura about
Ped - have you dyno'd? I read in the youtube comments that you think you have about 400rwhp. Was that just a guess or..? Well to be precise you were responding to a stage 3 M3 that has 800rwhp, to which you said you have half that.

Pretty decent power to weight.

I'm just curious.

Fun stuff, nice vids.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:47 AM
T.K
T.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant futureT.K has a brilliant future
The stock lotus is ****ing fast. There's no doubt about that.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:59 AM
dynoed 390whp with a loose throttle cable. When I bought the car I was getting ~ 70% throttle if that, I tightened it up but didn't permanently fix it till after I dynoed. Still might be loose now that I think of it, I'll check this weekend. Car weighs a little over 2800lbs @ 400whp it feels like there's a lot more power than there is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jr8EyQyaF4

a race against my friends cobra. He had 440whp 460tq on a conservative tune. I shifted slow on purpose to avoid damaging the infamously weak tranny. You can see the huge lag in my shifting but the car managed to pick back up each time. There's maybe 4 of those vids on youtube.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:19 AM
vdavie is infamous around these parts
Rs

Well i have had a Lotus(about 2 years ago) and i have a GT3RS now. I can tell you the Lotus looks great, and is semi fast. However, i sold the car in 6 months. No soul to that car at all! It sounded like a Honda. The build qaulity was like a Camaro, in fact it does have a Camaro steering wheel. Is it faster than the GT3RS/ I have no idea, but i can say driving the two is like night and day. Everytime i take the Porsche out for a drive in the hills it have that smile on my face for the rest of the day. Never had that smile with the Lotus..was always waiting for something to break. So, in the end if the Lotus was faster, no big deal for me the Porsche was by far the more engaging car by far.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by vdavie
Well i have had a Lotus(about 2 years ago) and i have a GT3RS now. I can tell you the Lotus looks great, and is semi fast. However, i sold the car in 6 months. No soul to that car at all! It sounded like a Honda. The build qaulity was like a Camaro, in fact it does have a Camaro steering wheel. Is it faster than the GT3RS/ I have no idea, but i can say driving the two is like night and day. Everytime i take the Porsche out for a drive in the hills it have that smile on my face for the rest of the day. Never had that smile with the Lotus..was always waiting for something to break. So, in the end if the Lotus was faster, no big deal for me the Porsche was by far the more engaging car by far.

"A lotus" which one? an elan? esprit? elise? exige? also what year?

Old 04-17-2009, 11:27 AM
vdavie is infamous around these parts
Esprit

I thought it would be clear it was talking about apples and apples. The Esprit. 04, had 5400 miles when i got the car.

Last edited by vdavie; 04-17-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Banned
The Lotus is not "as fast" as the GT3RS rather as per the video it dominated the GT3RS.
Now against the E60 M5 is my point of contention. The RPI ///M's are strong and I can't see it. It doesn't matter, no more to say.

One more thing, member unique you made a very tall claim earlier of beating every M5 and M6 at the event with the GT3RS. You need to show videos of all these kills.

Ranger

Old 04-17-2009, 11:49 AM
fastdreams has a spectacular aura aboutfastdreams has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PedM5
dynoed 390whp with a loose throttle cable. When I bought the car I was getting ~ 70% throttle if that, I tightened it up but didn't permanently fix it till after I dynoed. Still might be loose now that I think of it, I'll check this weekend. Car weighs a little over 2800lbs @ 400whp it feels like there's a lot more power than there is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jr8EyQyaF4

a race against my friends cobra. He had 440whp 460tq on a conservative tune. I shifted slow on purpose to avoid damaging the infamously weak tranny. You can see the huge lag in my shifting but the car managed to pick back up each time. There's maybe 4 of those vids on youtube.
Wow that's a nice rwhp number! Isn't stock rated at 350 crank power? I think you definitely have more boost than stock in that case. Is there a manual boost controller on there? You need a boost gauge.

gotta love a twin turbo V8.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS vs Lotus Esprit at Mfest