Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS vs Lotus Esprit at Mfest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 11:56 AM
PedM5 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fastdreams
Wow that's a nice rwhp number! Isn't stock rated at 350 crank power? I think you definitely have more boost than stock in that case. Is there a manual boost controller on there? You need a boost gauge.

gotta love a twin turbo V8.

well they said the final editions have a different ecu and put 350wheel instead of crank hp out. I'm afraid of putting in a non-aesthetically pleasing gauge in the car.

Ranger, maybe you can respectfully request the RPI guys to run me again? waking up at 5am kind of sucks but I'm not completely opposed to it if it will make some1 happy. I think if you look at the power to weight ratio of their M5's vs my Lotus it would certainly seem like a fair race or if anything sway in my favor

Old 04-17-2009, 12:17 PM
fastdreams has a spectacular aura aboutfastdreams has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PedM5
well they said the final editions have a different ecu and put 350wheel instead of crank hp out. I'm afraid of putting in a non-aesthetically pleasing gauge in the car.
I see. I would bet your ECU is not stock, and you might have a boost controller of some sort in addition to those pipes. To get near 400rwhp I think you need to up the stock boost, no? Say 340-350rwhp is stock...40+ rwhp is a nice jump.

Did you buy the car already modded?

Sorry to pw your thread, I'm just curious about the Esprit as I've always liked them.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:23 PM
It's half heartedly for sale if you are interested lol. The wastegates are modified stock versions as the stock springs are weak. I think for every psi increased in boost you get 10whp? I think i heard that somewhere but not sure.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:51 PM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
The Lotus is not "as fast" as the GT3RS rather as per the video it dominated the GT3RS.
Now against the E60 M5 is my point of contention. The RPI ///M's are strong and I can't see it. It doesn't matter, no more to say.

One more thing, member unique you made a very tall claim earlier of beating every M5 and M6 at the event with the GT3RS. You need to show videos of all these kills.

Ranger
i went to mfest to have fun in las vegas, not to make videos of me beating cars to feed my ego..

and i raced 4 m5s and 3 m6s, beat all of them. if there are any mfesters on 6speed a little help or a vouch would be appreciated, thanks

Old 04-17-2009, 01:14 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
I didnt say the m6/zo6 drivers knew how to put the power down.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:38 PM
keang24 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PedM5
I own an M5 too, granted it's an E39 not an E60 I'm a fan of both. I'm in southern California, Orange County to be precise. I welcome any and all challenges as long as we are doing it for fun. I'm not sure if I'd say they are avoiding me but they certainly don't seem eager to do it again. From what I see on the forums their debates with forum members get heated and they take losing personal so I doubt they'd risk it to begin with. Also don't have a boost gauge so it's anyones guess how much boost I'm pushing out.
PM sent.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by keang24
PM sent.

PM replied

Old 04-17-2009, 02:01 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
a stock gt3/rs will beat a stock e60 m5, e63 m6 in a straight line from a roll... IF the sport button is OFF.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:33 PM
yellow fever1 is infamous around these parts
i was there, and didnt see anything.......

Old 04-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Okay after reading this thread I'm having some difficulty staying inside my skin.
Right up front I am calling BS on several accounts.

PedM5 what power does your Lotus put to the wheels or even to the flywheel? You say you only have $200 in the car. That isn't much extra power so you are essentially stock?
Now you were beat by the M5 on the videos. PERIOD END!! Your claims of traction loss and being loose is nonsense. I watched the video several times and you never break loose. The car never even wiggles. YOU LOSS. Also traction issues (when they really exist) are a part of racing and NOT an excuse.
Bottomline the RPI M5 beat you!!!
Whenever you want to race my M5 bucky just let me know.

unique, bucky I have a 997 GT3RS so you can't tell me any stories.
First tell me, is your RS stock or modded? If modded please tell what you did because I had a 997 GT3 intensily modded by Champion making 460 bhp. So please teach me what your RS has?
Now lets do a little logic. You get beat by the Lotus and the Lotus gets beat by the M5.
ERGO: You say you beat "all" M5's, well that is bull$h!t. What you are selling I AM NOT BUYING!!!
unique you must show videos of you beating all the M5 and M6's at Mfest. Bucky I own an RS and love it but it is no threat in a straightline. My M5 would kick it's @$$. Even my highly modded GT3 (an awesome car) can not out run my M5.
You must produce videos (hopefully honest) about your claims because short of this I'm calling BS.

Now Omaha GT I can not believe you have made these comments.
You state you beat an M6 with the GT3. Sorry I DO NOT BELIEVE IT.
Then you carry on and make the OUTRAGEOUS statement that you "hanged" with a 700 hp Z06. Please sir, I will again call BS.
I ran a modded C6Z06 Vette (530 RWHP) with my M5 and on motor was beat soundly. To win I had to use nitrous and run to 180 mph.
You make such an outrageous statement you MUST produce videos.
I raced a SC'er 6.0 L GTO with my highly modded GT3 and had my @$$ handed to me running up to 155 mph.
Sir your comments are outrageously tall and you must document to be believed. You lose credibility.

I know that I have pissed off people BUT the comments and claims are bull$h!t.
Please come on member unique produce videos of you cleaning house with all the M5 / M6's.
BS BS BS BS BS BS

Ranger
+1, my 02 Ruf 550 TT walks/trots stock M5's, M6's and ZO6's and it accelerates much, much faster than my stock 07 GT3 so there's no way a GT3 RS out accelerates M5's or M6's. As far as hanging with a 700 HP vette, that's just laughable. I raced a new ZR1 with my TT from about 60 to 160 and he walked me all the way so keeping up with a 700 HP Vette with an RS is just pure nonsense. As far as knowing how to put power down in an M5 or M6, in a straight line it doesn't take any talent.
Even with much more HP I hardly drive the TT anymore, the GT3 is a much more rewarding driving experience but it's not a throw you back in the seat car.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:56 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by keang24
PM sent.
I smell something cooking!

Old 04-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by avi8tir
I smell something cooking!
it's all good. Let me know if you interested. I know you live near mexico border

Old 04-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
a stock gt3/rs will beat a stock e60 m5, e63 m6 in a straight line from a roll... IF the sport button is OFF.
You mean with the "M" button off?
That translates to 100 bhp less. Well would certainly compromise the M5/M6's performance.

btw I believe the link I submitted did not take so here it is again.
An M5 stretching its legs and power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIGej-dAolA

Cheers
Ranger

Old 04-17-2009, 04:49 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
You mean with the "M" button off?
That translates to 100 bhp less. Well would certainly compromise the M5/M6's performance.

Cheers
Ranger
yes that's what i meant. the M button. maybe all the m5/m6 guys that unique was 'racing' had the M button off trying to save some gas on their way to vegas.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by speedoflight
yes that's what i meant. the M button. maybe all the m5/m6 guys that unique was 'racing' had the M button off trying to save some gas on their way to vegas.
"racing" w/o the M button is like having sex w/o orgasm. Why bother then

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS vs Lotus Esprit at Mfest