Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Cup Car Sales???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:41 PM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
Cup Car Sales???

Does anyone know of any websites where I might be able to find used/ex-racer GT3 Cup cars for sale? Are there any specific dealers for these cars out there? I've found a few around the web, but was wondering if anyone had a better place to find info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:18 PM
mike011 is infamous around these parts
Rennlist has a number of 996 cups and a 997 listed under race/track cars
http://www.rennlist.com/ads/

Old 04-23-2009, 03:21 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Old 04-23-2009, 04:00 PM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
^^Thanks guys^^ If anyone else has any more it would be appreciated.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We have cup cars available at all times.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

We can supply 996 and 997 models.

We do have a few new 997's available.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
JC919,

Give Rob Morgan a call over at TruSpeed Motorcars, they usually have a nice inventory.

Here is a link to one of their Cup cars:

http://www.truspeedmotorcars.com/vas..._stock_no=1729

TruSpeed Motorcars
375 Bristol Street - Suite 30,
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
sales@truspeedmotorcars.com
(714)-424-0251
(800)-498-1710
(714)-424-0277 Fax

Attached Images  
Old 04-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Banned
997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !997FL Is a GOD !
I have access to a new 09 with 0 hours on it.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for getting back to me guys. A couple of friends and myself have been talking about going in together on a used cup car for track work (996 or 997) and I'm really just testing the waters. I'll get back once I've made sure they're as serious as I am.

Last edited by JC919; 04-23-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
JC919,

Give Rob Morgan a call over at TruSpeed Motorcars, they usually have a nice inventory.

Here is a link to one of their Cup cars:

http://www.truspeedmotorcars.com/vas..._stock_no=1729
Wow, that one seems like a hell of a deal for being a 997 with the low amount of hours on it.

Not to keep going on with this, but the sole use of this car in the foreseeable future is as something to use and have fun with at the track. That being said, I would appreciate insights on maintenance (ie, how many hours until the engine will need significant work and how much does this usually run). Also, being that the car will live in Texas, any insight on where I could have such maintenance done would be great (having to periodically ship the car across the country would definitely factor into the decision). Again, I'm just testing the waters at this point trying to get as much info as possible.
Thanks, JC

Last edited by JC919; 04-23-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
When buying a cup car its not the cost of buying it but the cost of owning it that most people dont take into account.

Its not a in-expensive proposition.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:07 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah from everything I've read, the buy-in cost is more like an entry fee. The cost comes with the engine and transmission rebuilds. I forget how many hours you get on the engine but if I remember correctly the trans is only good for like 30-40 hours between rebuilds. Shorter if you're doing endurance races where a constant load is placed on them is what I read somewhere. Suspension will also need to be continually re-adjusted as well. You may be better off building a dedicated gt3 or turbo based car and turn it into a dedicated track car similar to what Tom Kerr's doing.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor
James@gmgracing is infamous around these parts
JC919,

When you are close to buying a Cup car, feel free to give me a shout via email at james@gmgracing.com as we have purchased 15 Cup cars in the last 3 years. Some new and some used. If this is your first Cup car, I would recommend a fully documented car that has been properly maintained and it's worth paying a little more upfront for the right car since the maintenance can be quite expensive......best to pay a little now than a lot later. I have a few used Cup cars for sale as well as (2) new 2009 units.
Keep in mind, for outright performance, you won't be able to build a street GT3 to compete with a Cup car for less money.

Good luck with your search,

Old 04-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by James@gmgracing
JC919,

When you are close to buying a Cup car, feel free to give me a shout via email at james@gmgracing.com as we have purchased 15 Cup cars in the last 3 years. Some new and some used. If this is your first Cup car, I would recommend a fully documented car that has been properly maintained and it's worth paying a little more upfront for the right car since the maintenance can be quite expensive......best to pay a little now than a lot later. I have a few used Cup cars for sale as well as (2) new 2009 units.
Keep in mind, for outright performance, you won't be able to build a street GT3 to compete with a Cup car for less money.

Good luck with your search,
Thanks James, the other option I've been looking at has been buying a used 997 GT3/3RS myself and going through a complete tear down to get it where I want, which for the money is more than where I've seen some cup cars. But, from what I've heard and witnessed the performace of a Cup Car would be expensive and very difficult to surpass. I'm not really in too much of a hurry here, but I am attentive to the current sports car market and I'm looking to get as much bang for my buck as possible. However, I don't want to go in on something like this and have it turn into a giant pain in my rear, so I understand your approach of paying more upfront for a better example. I will send you an email soon as I am still trying to find someone in Houston or Austin, Texas with the skills to maintain the car. By the way, congrats on the Long Beach win, I'm looking forward to seeing it on Speed whenever they finally get around to broadcasting it.

Thanks to everyone for answering my newbie questions when it comes to these awesome machines. Your knowledge has been very valuable and is another example of why this forum is so great for enthusiasts. I'm trying to gather as much information as possible and having said that I'm in no hurry at the moment.
Thanks, JC.

Last edited by JC919; 04-24-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Banned
truspeed is infamous around these parts
Cup Car

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce ourselves to you. We are TruSpeed Motorcars in Orange County CA. We specalize in the sales, service and racing of Porsche cars. Porsche Motorsport NA refers any inquireries for used Cup Cars to us as we have a handle on most cars avalable in the market. We have sold two this month so far. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any futher questions you may have.

Dick Shear
TruSpeed Motorcars LLC
(714) 424-0251

Old 04-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Banned
truspeed is infamous around these parts
JC, We're new to the forum can't send you a private message I guess. Our wesite is truspeedmotorcars.com. Check the sold page for previous cars we've had.

Regards
Dick Shear
TRuSpeed MOtorcars LLC

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cup Car Sales???