Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Former Porsche Chairman/CEO stopped by today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
Former Porsche Chairman/CEO stopped by today...

What's going on 6speeders. I hope everyone started the Week off right!

I didn’t expect to have an exciting Friday, next thing you know Peter Schutz,Former CEO of Porsche stopped by to Visit with our Chairman and Autoscope's team. We spoke briefly, we made him feel at home. He was checking out of RFactor simulator,(driving a 997), we started to dyno our Superchared M3 Race cars!!! He was very entertained.

If you ever get the chance to hear him speak or meet with him, I say jump on it! I believe, he is responsible for “keeping” the 911 and doubling Porsche’s profits in the 80's. What a smart man!!!

Autoscope and "The Dream Garage" was honored by visit....

PIC with a Porsche Master Tech

Check out this book: http://www.thedrivingforcebook.com/

Last edited by Autoscope; 04-28-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:52 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Wow, that is very cool! I would love to have a chance to talk to him.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
nacelle is infamous around these parts
What did he think about the simulator?

Old 04-28-2009, 06:38 AM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by nacelle
What did he think about the simulator?
He thought it was WAY cool but I don't think he understood how it could be "realistic"!

Old 04-28-2009, 08:53 AM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
If you ever get the chance to hear him speak or meet with him, I say jump on it! I believe, he is responsible for “keeping” the 911 and doubling Porsche’s profits in the 80's. What a smart man!!!

I believe you have Mr, Shutz confused with Jack Cook regarding all of the above!! There are still a handfull of people around who remember what was going on back in the 80's!!

Old 04-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Former Vendor
RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !
That is awesome, i was there the other day and say Adam taking pictures.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:46 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Awesome!

Old 04-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by snowboarder54

I believe you have Mr, Shutz confused with Jack Cook regarding all of the above!! There are still a handfull of people around who remember what was going on back in the 80's!!
Are you sure about that?

Google him.....

Peter W. Schutz (CEO Porsche AG 1981-1987) wrote:
"The decision to keep the 911 in the product line occurred one afternoon in the office of Dr Helmuth Bott, the Porsche operating board member responsible for all engineering and development. I noticed a chart on the wall of Professor Bott’s office. It depicted the ongoing development schedules for the three primary Porsche product lines: 944, 928 and 911. Two of them stretched far into the future, but the 911 program stopped at the end of 1981. I remember rising from my chair, walking over to the chart, taking a black marker pen, and extending the 911 program bar clean off the chart. I am sure I heard a silent cheer from Professor Bott, and I knew I had done the right thing. The Porsche 911, the company icon, had been saved, and I believe the company was saved with it."

p. 6 Corlett, T (2005) Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera – The Last of the evolution
Veloce Publishing ISBN 1-904788-65-3

Last edited by Autoscope; 04-28-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:08 AM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Adam@Autoscope
Are you sure about that?

Google him.....
Quit sure. Somethings are true even if you don't believe them!! That's all I have to say about the subject! I have probably said too much as it is. There's a little known history here.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor
Quit sure. Somethings are true even if you don't believe them!! That's all I have to say about the subject! I have probably said too much as it is. There's a little known history here.
Well, I am not a Porsche expert but If you say this, I guess I believe you....I am a little confused....are you saying my statement at the top is false?

Old 07-24-2010, 12:21 AM
2TH PWR is infamous around these parts2TH PWR is infamous around these parts

Well I know this is random, and I'm bumping a long dead thread. Jack Cook, my grandfather died 6 summers ago. I was just searching the web for some stuff about him for memories sake. This post popped up on 6 speed. Cool stuff, at least to me.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
Well I know this is random, and I'm bumping a long dead thread. Jack Cook, my grandfather died 6 summers ago. I was just searching the web for some stuff about him for memories sake. This post popped up on 6 speed. Cool stuff, at least to me.
Very cool find for you I'm sure. You should talk with your your Grandmother Linda, she can shed some light on this topic as well!! Jimmy Ryan, Jacks VP at Porsche & BMW, was the real historian, but he left us at the start of this year as well. I had spent many hours discussing Porsche history through the years with Jimmy as we knew many of the same players! Congratulations on the up coming nuptial.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:41 PM
2TH PWR is infamous around these parts2TH PWR is infamous around these parts
Very cool find for you I'm sure. You should talk with your your Grandmother Linda, she can shed some light on this topic as well!! Jimmy Ryan, Jacks VP at Porsche & BMW, was the real historian, but he left us at the start of this year as well. I had spent many hours discussing Porsche history through the years with Jimmy as we knew many of the same players! Congratulations on the up coming nuptial.
Wait who is this and how do you know so much? haha.
Oh and thanks!

Last edited by 2TH PWR; 07-24-2010 at 01:55 PM.