Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

The US Nurburgring, coming soon!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:19 AM
SFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, this could really be a great accomplishment. I hope they can pull through.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:04 AM
bfischer is infamous around these parts
GM should just open their Lutzring to the public and charge for each lap... that might get them out of financial trouble...

Old 05-06-2009, 10:56 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
These track 'country clubs' seem like a joke to me. We already have many great race tracks in the U.S. Too much money for a dwindling demographic.

And where is the capability to 'arrive and drive' open wheel cars? Just sports cars and karts?

Old 05-06-2009, 11:16 AM
bbs993tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Adam@Autoscope
Where can I land my King Air? No runway?
The 7000' high speed straight doubles as a runway for, "even easier access" according to the later pages of that pdf file.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I'll 'see and raise' your point. In addition to the elevation thing, I have to believe that this is not optimal placement for the highest concentration of enthusiasts with the type of cars they want to track; with the weather that will enable more track days per year. Notwithstanding that you have to factor the cost of land, etc., this just seems odd.
I'd definitely consider tracking my car on a route like this - though I confess that I've never tracked any car. But I would never pay to ship it there, and it's too far to drive.

Originally Posted by Zeus
I'm speechless. I fully support this. In fact, before I even posted this, I took a long hard look at the pdf and then ran downstairs shouting to the wife "We're moving to Colorado!" about 50 times.

But I do have to wonder...why Colorado. It's not that it would be a "bad" location to build this track, but don't cars make more power the closer you get to sea level? Why not build a track in say eastern Washington state or somewhere were the performance envelope could be fully appreciated as opposed to nearly a mile above sea level?

Old 05-06-2009, 03:06 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Verde
I'll 'see and raise' your point. In addition to the elevation thing, I have to believe that this is not optimal placement for the highest concentration of enthusiasts with the type of cars they want to track; with the weather that will enable more track days per year. Notwithstanding that you have to factor the cost of land, etc., this just seems odd.
I'd definitely consider tracking my car on a route like this - though I confess that I've never tracked any car. But I would never pay to ship it there, and it's too far to drive.
I agree, that it's not the optimal place. The best place would be the west coast or anywhere on the east coast, preferably Virginia and lower for less seasonal off time. But if it's as good as it looks, people will come from miles around to get there. Miller Motorsports Park is in the middle of nowhere and does fine.

They would be smart to only open the big track occasionally and keep one track primarily for the use of members, and keep the other parts public. A track that big in the middle of colorado can't survive on private memberships alone, they NEED the likes of NASA, PCA, SCCA etc etc etc. I thought NASA nationals at MMP this year was awesome, could you imagine a national championship at this place? May be a nightmare to run, but would still be crazy.

I for one would get there as much as possible.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:47 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
One of the people involved with this track is a member of the forums, I will PM him a link to this thread.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:50 AM
NY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NotEvenAllowed
I don't think its directly comparable, this seems like a private club that one would have to pay a membership fee to join. Whereas, to my understanding, you only have to pay 20 Euro a lap at the nurburgring
Exactly why Im visiting Germany

Old 05-11-2009, 06:21 PM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
No modern track would ever be like the Nordschleife with its blind turns,surface changes, and open traffic. It simply does not compare with anywhere else. Its dangerous, thrilling, and unforgettable, and if you go often enough, you will most likely crash at some stage. You are out there with bikers, experienced drivers, weekenders, the lot.
Its just a brilliant place. Great to hear of new tracks, but if they have all of the rules, (helmets, different groups, division by skills, and all the rest), then is is nothing at all like the NS. I think US liability laws and personal injury lawyers would have a field day.
In Germany, you take the risk, you are responsible for the result.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
How much do you guys think it would cost to build my own race track? I'm thinking, 1.5 miles? I have the land and tractors to build it? I just need the concrete and design? 2 million? LESS? We could build a "6speed" track at my Ranch and we could all share!!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:09 AM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
How much do you guys think it would cost to build my own race track? I'm thinking, 1.5 miles? I have the land and tractors to build it? I just need the concrete and design? 2 million? LESS? We could build a "6speed" track at my Ranch and we could all share!!!!

Double that and you maybe close!! It depends a lot on the lay of the land, proximity to materials and many other factors. Sounds like fun maybe you can work it into Obie's stimulus package.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
Double that and you maybe close!! It depends a lot on the lay of the land, proximity to materials and many other factors. Sounds like fun maybe you can work it into Obie's stimulus package.
I was thinking more as well! HUM, we could all pitch in!!! I'll donate the land and time!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 02:17 PM
mburns813 is infamous around these partsmburns813 is infamous around these parts
This sounds like it could be pretty cool. I would try and go or go to Germany one day and drive the real ring. Big risk though.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Grant is infamous around these parts
They just finished another track East of Denver (I've driven it twice - it's great at 2.5miles) and they show their budget just under $4MM:

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/

Old 05-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Zeus has a spectacular aura aboutZeus has a spectacular aura about
I'd have to dig through my "car files" but I know I saved an article from a UK car magazine from a few years ago... It was a write-up on a conceptual "ultimate" racetrack that I think was designed by the person(s) responsible for most of the newly designed F1 tracks. It was roughly 8+ miles in length and included the best attributes of the best racetracks from around the world including the 'Ring and then threw in a few more twists & turns that have never been seen before. I remember the article stating that the total cost of building such a track would be roughly 500+ million dollars. But, it would be the ultimate track on earth.

And every time over the last few years, when I have heard about 'Ring times and such, and how we need a "global standard" for track times - since 'Ring times can at times be "incomparable" I think of a track such as this.

The first thing I thought about when I saw this concept in Colorado was this "ultimate" track concept. Of course, if I had the money, I'd build such a track and start a racing series that would make Formula 1 look slow.

Last edited by Zeus; 05-13-2009 at 11:18 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The US Nurburgring, coming soon!!!!!