GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

deciding whether to get a GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 06:38 AM
SHAIKH has a spectacular aura aboutSHAIKH has a spectacular aura about
deciding whether to get a GT3

i know this is the GT3 forum.

i have a 997 Turbo and i cant take the sound of the ceramic brakes. it is very loud and embarrassing. i am deciding to sell it and was thinking about a panamera or a GT3

The dealer is after me to get the Panamera turbo or the GT2 as he said i wont be overwhelmed with the power of the Gt3.

i dont need the 4 doors right now and wanted your opinion on whether i should get the GT3. i have never driven one

i just got myself a scuderia and love the handling and so decided on the GT3. the turbo has a lot of body roll but also loads of power

thanks

Old 05-08-2009, 06:48 AM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
you have something amiss with your breaks! the only time i have ever had any squeal from mine was after they were soaking wet.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
You want to sell the turbo just because of the brakes? The GT2 has the same ceramic brakes as your turbo. Have you tried to "bed" the brakes? I have no experience with ceramics but this usually helps to get rid of the squeeling.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:55 AM
i dont know i tried everything. i even asked the dealer to change the pads again as for the last 2 years i hadnt had even one squeak.

when time came to change the pads, it was only the brakes started to squeak. the dealer said he couldnt guarantee that the brakes would stop squeaking and squeaking is a normal thing for these cars

mine are exceptionally loud compared to other cars.

what exactly is the bedding procedure.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:37 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
some squeal loud some don't. give it time and be a little more aggresive on the brakes. the noise will gradually deteriorate. not totally disappear but won't be as loud. the noise you get on the TT brakes is no different than on the gt3 brakes, ceramic or iron. my irons squealed like a pig when it was new especially in stop-n-go traffic. now it barely makes noise. even with pagids rs29.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
sws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of light
My PCCB brakes squealed for months. Every intersection. Embarrassing. I eventually got them to stop by doing this.

On the highway, got car up to 75 or so, and did a few soft brakings to warm up the rotors, then did 4 or 5 fairly hard slowdowns to about 40 mph. Nothing as harsh as what you might read elsewhere. Think of what you might do if some brake lights suddenly appeared in front of you. Slowed down REAL fast.

That was just enough heat and friction, and the noise was gone. Simple as that.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SHAIKH
i know this is the GT3 forum.

i have a 997 Turbo and i cant take the sound of the ceramic brakes. it is very loud and embarrassing. i am deciding to sell it and was thinking about a panamera or a GT3

The dealer is after me to get the Panamera turbo or the GT2 as he said i wont be overwhelmed with the power of the Gt3.

i dont need the 4 doors right now and wanted your opinion on whether i should get the GT3. i have never driven one

i just got myself a scuderia and love the handling and so decided on the GT3. the turbo has a lot of body roll but also loads of power

thanks

If you dont like your turbo you wont like the Gt3....

The turbo is the cadillac of the 911 line when comparing to a GT3.... The Gt3 will feel rough and loud....... But hey thats the way we like em!!

I think you should pursue the 4 door option..

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 05-08-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:52 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
The turbo is the cadillac of the 911 line when compaing to a GT3.... The Gt3 will feel rough and loud....... But hey thats the way we like em!!
+1. I think the GT3 is not the car for you.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Truble10 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

I agree. My experience has been if you have to ask yourself if the GT2 or GT3 is the right is probably is not the car for you.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:26 PM
DJH
DJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really nice
You want to sell your turbo because of the brakes squeal?! Getting a GT3 is not the solution.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Gofishracing is infamous around these parts
To each their own. I love the sound of squealing brakes in the morning.!!

Old 05-08-2009, 04:38 PM
i think i posted my question incorrectly

i dont want the Gt2. i wanted it earlier but it wasnt out and so i went with the turbo.

And, i love my turbo and yes i thought it was a bit soft compared to what i wanted and so i went and got the ferrari scuderia. i only want to trade it in because of the noise.

i havent driven a GT3, and so cant compare it to the Turbo and so wanted your views on the performance aspect. I will get a GT2 later on as my daily car

The 2010 GT3 is coming to the same price as my trade in value of my turbo so i wont have to spend any more. i am buying a few other cars and so i dont want to spend any more money till i decide which car i should get finally. the GT3 will be my car for the track days and daily drive for now. But eventually i have a decide which car i need for office etc .

Old 05-08-2009, 04:40 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Originally Posted by Truble10
I agree. My experience has been if you have to ask yourself if the GT2 or GT3 is the right is probably is not the car for you.
But he likes the handling of the Scuderia.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Gofishracing is infamous around these parts
If your just playing with cars buy the new GT3 and give it me later to help make room in your garage for another car. Also I might help you test drive them for performance and help you with personal coaching or transport of vehicles , vehicle enhancements etc.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:31 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SHAIKH
And, i love my turbo and yes i thought it was a bit soft compared to what i wanted and so i went and got the ferrari scuderia. i only want to trade it in because of the noise.
hehe... if that's you're only reason for trading in the TT, you will be dissappointed with the gt3.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: deciding whether to get a GT3