Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

One better and cheaper tire option for GT3 - Bridgestone Potenza RE-11?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 09:34 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Wednesday I'm getting my car prepped for the winter, putting my stock seats back and putting on the snow rubber, taking off my first set of RE-11s.

I've done about 9,000 miles on them and 10-12 track days (depending how you count with a couple of rainy days and a couple of advanced days).

I do not have a single complaint about the tires.

I've driven them in the rain on the highway and I even forgot I was on them, certainly much more confidence inspiring than both the MPSC and the R888s.

On the track the tires were superb, they heat up quickly, they stay predictable, just make sure to monitor your pressures. I ran mine 31-32/33-34 HOT.

I'm running -2.0 front camber and -2.6 rear and they held up great, very even wear. Though Im going to dial back the rear negative camber to get a bit more even wear out of them.

They are great for the money, but even if money wasnt a factor I would use them again.

Two very enthusiastic thumbs up.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:20 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
I bought a set of RE-11s to try them out a few weeks ago. The day I installed them I drove 425 miles from NYC up to Mt.Tremblant. They are very quiet compared to either the PZero Rossos or the MPSCs that I usually use on the car.

Arriving in Tremblant I did two track days in a combo of wet and dry. They're super. The 180 wear rating makes them "fairly" soft and I found them to be a super track tire. They get a little greasy at the end of a 30 minute session but that may be that I was running the rears with a little too much pressure which I'll play around this weekend whilst I am at NJMP Lightning.

Net net, great tire. Cheap and very appealing both as a daily driver and a track tire.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Former Vendor
Richard@M-World is infamous around these parts
I've used PS2, Advan Sport, and RE-11 on my M3 during several track days.

Dry grip wise, the RE-11 is on par with the PS2, but they definitely don't get greasy like PS2s.

Wet grip wise, the RE-11s are phenomenal. Did several afternoon sessions in pooring rain and it worked wonders.

Read up on the tirerack review: great overall tire due to rain performance. dry grip is less than some of the competition.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=118