Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2010 early production GT3 option availability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 10:47 PM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
2010 early production GT3 option availability

I think the order guide identifies some of the "newer" options as not being available on the June and July build cars. Front lift, and dynamic engine mounts are probably the most talked about. I was told today that the center lock wheels won't be available until later as well. So maybe we should be calling these cars the 997.1.2 GT3. Its beginning to feel like the parts bin special to prop up sales before the "real" 2010 model gets here. I get really p***ed of when all the media hype is created about features that aren't planned for production until later.

Anyone else know anything about the center lock availability? I'm going to pull my order or try to push it back if this is true. Not that I couldn't live without the center locks, but I'm sure re-sale will ultimately place a premium on the newer stuf as a differentiator from version 1.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:02 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
yup, I agree completely. Im holding out for a build much later in the model year.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:12 AM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
+1

Had two dealers call me for June build allocation two weeks ago, and I told them I will wait for later build when all the options will be available. Kind of sad that I wont be able to have the car for the second part of summer. But without those options, it's really not a mk2 GT3!!

Old 05-12-2009, 05:34 AM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
My dealer's rep told him yesterday that the centerlocks WERE being put on the car. I told my dealer that this was the deal killer for me. I can't get the lift kit...which would be great where I live, I can't get the DE mounts, I can't get painted wheels, and if I can't get the centerlock wheels I felt that the resale of this car would be greatly hampered.

I always look at re-sale of expensive cars, since i tend to drive them a couple years and trade around. This would be my 5th porsche, but I may have to lose this allocation. I don't see them giving me a discount for the loss of resale value, eh?

I like the 997.1.2 GT3!!! thats what it is. Just like the Vw passat I had that was 2001.5 . not quite 2002.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:49 AM
raffi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 58spdstr
I think the order guide identifies some of the "newer" options as not being available on the June and July build cars. Front lift, and dynamic engine mounts are probably the most talked about. I was told today that the center lock wheels won't be available until later as well. So maybe we should be calling these cars the 997.1.2 GT3. Its beginning to feel like the parts bin special to prop up sales before the "real" 2010 model gets here. I get really p***ed of when all the media hype is created about features that aren't planned for production until later.

Anyone else know anything about the center lock availability? I'm going to pull my order or try to push it back if this is true. Not that I couldn't live without the center locks, but I'm sure re-sale will ultimately place a premium on the newer stuf as a differentiator from version 1.
thats pretty wierd to get such wrong info from a dealer.
when i ordered my car the only unavailable options were paint to sample, lift system and engine mounts.
ask him what the other wheel option looks like?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:48 AM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by mikegee
I can't get painted wheels
I would definitely pass on paying Porsche all that money for painting the wheels! Especially in black - $1600?!?!? You can basically get them powder coated for less than half that at any reputable shop. Paint-to-match can also be done as cheaply.

just my $.02

Old 05-13-2009, 08:39 AM
raffi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by avi8tir
I would definitely pass on paying Porsche all that money for painting the wheels! Especially in black - $1600?!?!? You can basically get them powder coated for less than half that at any reputable shop. Paint-to-match can also be done as cheaply.

just my $.02
plus if you paint them yourself you can paint the inner barrel too so it doesnt look off...

Old 05-13-2009, 05:39 PM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by raffi
thats pretty wierd to get such wrong info from a dealer.
when i ordered my car the only unavailable options were paint to sample, lift system and engine mounts.
ask him what the other wheel option looks like?
This actually came from the regional Porsche rep, so while it makes no sense, I'm nervous. I am going to have a direct conversation with the regional guy, so I'll post follow up.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:06 AM
mikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the roughmikegee is a jewel in the rough
my dealer talked to the rep who had talked to PCNA, and the centerlock wheels are standard and available NOW. One can only hope