Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

thin painted line on wheel lips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:34 PM
steve996tt is infamous around these parts
thin painted line on wheel lips

I'm thinking about getting new wheels and like they way they look but don't want be like one of the guys that you see now and then still stuck with spinners!
What do you guys think?

Old 05-12-2009, 07:25 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I bought a set of used Volk TE37 Time Attack, they are Black with a thin Red Lip. I wasn't big on them at first, but I didn't care as they were for the track.

I have a lot of people commenting on how great they look, I guess that will hold true until next year when something else looks cool. These can always be repainted to what ever colour I want. Here are a few pictures from a recent track day that show the red lip.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:28 AM
steve996tt is infamous around these parts
they do look pretty cool on your car! I hear that sometimes they are not painted on but actually applied with tape.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by steve996tt
they do look pretty cool on your car! I hear that sometimes they are not painted on but actually applied with tape.
These are painted, the paint is chipping away in a few places when I had the tires swapped to the new ones. I am sure that I will get them repainted at one point, for now I will just abuse them on the track.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:05 AM
albuht813 is infamous around these parts
go for the tape if you want a cheap mod that you can change at any time.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:05 AM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
nice pics..
yor car looks pretty "stiff" in those pics..no roll or torsion movements visible..
that car must feel great!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by youngbimmer
nice pics..
yor car looks pretty "stiff" in those pics..no roll or torsion movements visible..
that car must feel great!
Yes, it handles really well. I really like the Bilstein Damptronics and H&R Sway Bars. The wheels alignment is Porsche ROW Track settings from the factory. Tires wear evenly on both street and track.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Edgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
These are painted, the paint is chipping away in a few places when I had the tires swapped to the new ones. I am sure that I will get them repainted at one point, for now I will just abuse them on the track.
Terrific pix Ed.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Edgemontvillage
Terrific pix Ed.
Thanks, you need to come to Seattle and do a few track days with Kitch. They have a great photographer that sells you these pictures, your RS with your slicks will love the track!

Old 05-12-2009, 01:11 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Ed, the time attacks look great!

I used vinyl tape on my wheels because I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not. Has held up great so far and doesn't look half bad.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
I have done mine many times and I always use "pinstripe tape" that I get from the local auto paint store. The roll cost me $12.00 fours years ago and I have repainted the wheels three times and still have most of the roll left.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:55 PM
fastz33 is infamous around these parts
thats sweet
i have a set of TE's as well
what r ur sizes and offsets?
looks like +22

Old 05-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Mack Pence is a jewel in the roughMack Pence is a jewel in the roughMack Pence is a jewel in the rough
i like the rims

Old 05-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by fastz33
thats sweet
i have a set of TE's as well
what r ur sizes and offsets?
looks like +22
Fronts 18 x 9 235/40 offset of 49

Rears 18 x 11 315/30 offset of 60

Old 05-12-2009, 06:22 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I bought a set of used Volk TE37 Time Attack, they are Black with a thin Red Lip. I wasn't big on them at first, but I didn't care as they were for the track.

I have a lot of people commenting on how great they look, I guess that will hold true until next year when something else looks cool. These can always be repainted to what ever colour I want. Here are a few pictures from a recent track day that show the red lip.

NV997, your car looks sweeeeet! Nicely set up for sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: thin painted line on wheel lips