Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Karting for driving training

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:18 PM
GT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really nice
Karting for driving training

With my GT3 997 I enjoy lapping in track days with PCA DE or other local clubs events, but for driving skills improvements, I love driving my Formula 125 Kart. See the link below to have a feeling of what you can experience in this kind of fun !

http://web.me.com/belzile/ABTECHNO/K..._mai_2009.html

Last edited by GT3Techno; 06-02-2009 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:31 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3Techno
With my GT3 997 I enjoy lapping in track days with PCA DE or other local clubs events, but for driving skills improvements, I love driving my Formula 125 Kart. See the link below to have a feeling of what you can experience in this kind of fun !

http://web.me.com/belzile/ABTECHNO_P..._mai_2009.html
Cool vid. I've been looking to get into karting. Looks like a ton of fun.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
That's a great idea! Minimal maintenance, FAST, CORNERS...We have a couple of them, I will snap some photo's.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:48 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
I went to the Jim Hall Karting School in 2005 and learned A LOT about driving. Good place to start.

125 shifter karts are scary as hell though.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:15 PM
GT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really nice
I still enjoy lapping in my GT3 at local PCA or other Clubs events, but real racing is quite something. No real sanctioned races and just for fun but with the flaggers and everything.

There is nothing like the adrenaline rush at the green flag when everyone wants to be in front for the first corner ! While in lapping you try to do the perfect lap like in a qualification, in a race you protect your line and tend to be a little more on the inside line since most passes are done at braking. I can't wait for the next race !

Old 05-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
I grew up racing shifter karts...the performance is unparalleled until you get up to F1000/D-sports racers, etc and FA. I don't think there is a better activity for maintaining your reflexes, hand/eye coordination and fitness.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:15 AM
royaltouchtt is infamous around these parts
Sorry, dont mean to hijack thread. Got 07 BIREL SHIFTER AVAIL.

Attached Images  
Old 05-22-2009, 03:34 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I've got a few questions. How fast where you going in the vid? Is it possible to turn these karts over or is the center of gravity so low that you just haul *** through corners? How many HP engines? How many gears? Four wheel disc brakes? What does one of these rigs cost to buy and maintain?

Old 05-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Banned
Robin@TitanMS is infamous around these parts
The only way you'll turn one of them over is to get off the track, or get tangled up with another kart's wheels. The advances in safety and bodywork that most of the sanctioning bodies require now makes it pretty difficult to catch wheels with another kart, but it still happens.

My Rotax 125 was on a First Kart t.01 chassis, single speed centrifugal clutch. It had 28HP, and weighed 300lb with me in it. Disc brakes are in the rear, some classes will let you run front discs as well. Mine cost about $6k new, you can find them used and already setup for around $4k. Maintenance on the Rotax motors is minimal, as long as you take care of it properly. Mine was *very* reliable.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:43 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Is Rotax just the engine? Who makes the Karts? Any good package deals? Where do you shop for these?

Old 05-22-2009, 05:58 PM
David9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond reputeDavid9962000 has a reputation beyond repute
I use to do it, it's a great physical training.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:16 PM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
check out this site

http://www.ekartingnews.com/

http://www.ekartingnews.com/beginner...nfo.php?n=8514

It has some good info on getting started.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I raced karts long ago. A Bug sprint kart with a Mac91. Like I said, loooong ago. Quickest way to learn how to race, drift, everything except for the gearbox. Unbelievably exciting, and it was prior to the era of the protective bodywork so there were more hazards than today.
As in all things - cars, planes, sailboats - starting with the smallest ones is the best way to get the feel of things. Karts and cars are no different.
Absolutely the most fun you can have in two dimensions.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the links.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:32 PM
dxd
dxd is infamous around these parts
Karting is probably one of the funnest things I have done. Least expensive way to go fast!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Karting for driving training