Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Nissan GTR vs 997 GT3 mk2 at the ring! Open this thread for the times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Banned
Doom4420 has a spectacular aura aboutDoom4420 has a spectacular aura about
Nice post from someone with experience with BOTH cars HK DRE.

I saw my 1st GTR on the road yesterday at a stop sign coming the other way. I thought to myself "ugh another slammed Hondah with a bodykit" then saw the rest of the car.
Almost funny analogmike. But personally judging a car on looks is pretty thin. If this is all you have.... . It's like saying you think this particular item isn't art while others think it is. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I could say that the 911 GT3 looks like a VW beetle with a body kit. Of course, I know that isn't true. I like the GT3. But you get the point.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Don_Vito is infamous around these parts
the GT3 in blue looks amazing

Old 06-05-2009, 11:56 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Doom4420
Nice post from someone with experience with BOTH cars HK DRE.

Almost funny analogmike. But personally judging a car on looks is pretty thin. If this is all you have.... . It's like saying you think this particular item isn't art while others think it is. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I could say that the 911 GT3 looks like a VW beetle with a body kit. Of course, I know that isn't true. I like the GT3. But you get the point.
Don't we all judge cars on looks? Can't you respect other opinions for just one second? It's not that hard, all you have to do is shut up. There are enough people that think the GT-R is ugly that his comment isn't too off base. Besides I thought he was entitled to his opinion.

You haven't done anything since you got here but make everything personal with your comments calling people immature etc etc. Get over yourself already.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:14 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
This is DOOM:

One day in May, 2009, woke up, decides to join a porsche forum and only post/contribute/talks sh*t in threads that compare GTR's and Porsches... good idea!

TROOOOOOOOLL

Old 06-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Banned
This is DOOM:

One day in May, 2009, woke up, decides to join a porsche forum and only post/contribute/talks sh*t in threads that compare GTR's and Porsches... good idea!

TROOOOOOOOLL
You guys have serious issues. You can sure dish out the names (noob, fast and furious crowd, etc) but if anyone else gives it back, you tell them to shut up. Look in the mirror for the real issue. Not one of you has even said hey, that's ok for you to have your opinion on the GTR. No, you all just attack anyone's opinion if it isn't to your liking. Whoa, sorry about that.

Hell, I even said that I like GT3's and such. But all you hinge on is any defense of the GTR that I mention. Then you all sit here and attack like a pack of wolves.

If you are criticizing me for coming into the Porsche forum, then turn it around and stay out of the GTR forum. That's you, Heavychevy. You don't respect my opinion, either, it goes both ways. If not, then you are being the hypocrite.

Last edited by Doom4420; 06-05-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:26 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !

If you are criticizing me for coming into the Porsche forum, then turn it around and stay out of the GTR forum. That's you, Heavychevy. You don't respect my opinion, either, it goes both ways. If not, then you are being the hypocrite.
Whoa honcho, this is a SUB-forum on a PORSCHE website. I respect your opinion, but I can disagree without making it personal and sticking to topic. You on the other hand have the nerve to personally critique people on a Porsche forum for not liking the GT-R, likely one you don't have. Everyone in here was arguing without making it personal until you got here. But your comprehension level seems to be lacking which is why you can't get the point.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:46 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
^here we go.

J

Old 06-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Banned
Whoa honcho, this is a SUB-forum on a PORSCHE website. I respect your opinion, but I can disagree without making it personal and sticking to topic. You on the other hand have the nerve to personally critique people on a Porsche forum for not liking the GT-R, likely one you don't have. Everyone in here was arguing without making it personal until you got here. But your comprehension level seems to be lacking which is why you can't get the point.
Why can't you get my point? Why don't you review earlier posts in this thread. I joined in and disputed things said regarding the GTR. It was PORSCHE owners here that made it personal by calling me a noob and a memeber of the "fast and furious crowd." This is a forum, is it not? I expressed my opinion on things without attacking anyone personally here till the above things were stated about me. I quoted magazine articles, reviews, and such in my arguments. I was presenting facts as I know it. I've said numerous times that I don't own a GTR. Do you, since you are also acting as an expert on all things GTR? No? Have you driven one? Answer those questions for me.

What have you contributed on the GTR sections of 6speedonline.com? I've read them. Not ONE thing positive about the GTR. Read my posts here. I stated SEVERAL times that I respect all types cars. I've also stated that I admire the GT3 and M3 and many other cars, not just the GTR.

My comprehension level is fine. See, since I don't own either, I'm not biased one way or the other. I read about and drive as many performance cars as I possibly can. While I might not own anything exotic, don't talk down at me just because I don't own something as nice as your 911 Turbo.

I don't think that I've stated anything particularly uninformed here or unfactual. I didn't pretend to know more about Porsche cars here than any of the owners. I stated things regarding MANY comparisons between the 911turbo, 911GT3 vs the GTR. Are all the reviews I've seen fake or setup? I don't think so.

You don't want anyone here to disagree with your overwhelming need to believe that Nissan cheated on the Nurburgring to attain their lap times. You know what, if they did, I'll be the first to criticize them for it. You can count on that. I find it interesting how you in particular and monarocountry can post nothing but "can't you guys get it, Nissan LIED!" but expect nothing in return on your particular forum.

Also, If I remember right, didn't you used to post on the GTR.co.uk forum? I'm pretty sure, I've been reading that forum for years. If I remember right, you were banned for constant criticism of memebers

Last edited by Doom4420; 06-05-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:53 PM
GT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really nice
Originally Posted by xXxGhotimanxXx
^here we go.

J
Again...

Old 06-05-2009, 09:52 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
I don't think that I've stated anything particularly uninformed here or unfactual. I didn't pretend to know more about Porsche cars here than any of the owners. I stated things regarding MANY comparisons between the 911turbo, 911GT3 vs the GTR. Are all the reviews I've seen fake or setup? I don't think so.

You don't want anyone here to disagree with your overwhelming need to believe that Nissan cheated on the Nurburgring to attain their lap times. You know what, if they did, I'll be the first to criticize them for it. You can count on that. I find it interesting how you in particular and monarocountry can post nothing but "can't you guys get it, Nissan LIED!" but expect nothing in return on your particular forum.

Also, If I remember right, didn't you used to post on the GTR.co.uk forum? I'm pretty sure, I've been reading that forum for years. If I remember right, you were banned for constant criticism of memebers
So where's your posts about Nissan lying? Not a peep from you on this regard, all I keep hearing is how great it is, how advanced it is and how it can beat a Porsche? Isnt it supposed to easily beat a GT2 and CGT? and in this regard the GTR has fallen flat on its face.

Now you have said that you love and respect Porsche, yet you bag them for their head to head tests using stock cars, the same driver and the same track. I think that all these Porsche love from you is just a bunch of hot air and acts as a cover.

I think that a Nissan forum or a fast and a furious forum would really appreciate your dedication and love towards the GTR. Maybe its time to check those sites out?

Old 06-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Epik151 has a spectacular aura aboutEpik151 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
... Isnt it supposed to easily beat a GT2 and CGT? and in this regard the GTR has fallen flat on its face.
i think that's the closest thing to an apology we're going to see.

And any car enthusiast worth his salt appreciates and respects the GTR. Porsche does not need fanboys like you.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Banned
Now you have said that you love and respect Porsche, yet you bag them for their head to head tests using stock cars, the same driver and the same track. I think that all these Porsche love from you is just a bunch of hot air and acts as a cover.
Go look at something other than one CAR magazine test. I think you'll see tha the GTR has beaten it more times than not.

You don't know anything master Porsche fanatic. A 911 GT3 is my wallpaper.

I think that a Nissan forum or a fast and a furious forum would really appreciate your dedication and love towards the GTR. Maybe its time to check those sites out?
They have more class than you guys have here. I'm here to call out your love and dedication toward all things Porsche. You want to talk fanboi-ism. Look at yourself. But there's no telling you guys anything. Since I like a Japanese car, that immediately makes me inferior to your superior knowledge.

Why can't you ever respond to the fact that the ONLY thing that you do in the GTR forum is BASH it? Come on, respond. Give me a reason why you're so much better than me in this regard. You can't, and you won't which makes you a hypocrite.

Definition of a Hypocrite: pretends to be better than is really so, or to be pious, virtuous, etc. without really being so.

I.E. you going to the GTR website and posting nothing but negative attitude toward all things GTR but calling me a noob or "part of the fast and furious crowd" when I try to dispell mistruths or support it here.

But you can't even see that about yourself, you're too proud to even recognize it about yourself. You want me to leave this forum because you don't like what I'm saying... aww, too bad. Tell you what, stop posting on the GTR forum section of 6speed and I'll stop posting here.

Last edited by Doom4420; 06-05-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:47 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
This guy likes Porsche, that guy likes Nissan. Each one, in turn, calling out their virtues while the other takes it as a personal afront to their choice. Neither will convince the other that his choice was the best. The truth...they were both the best choice for each individual. These arguements accomplish as much as clapping with one hand.

J

Old 06-06-2009, 05:12 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Epik151
i think that's the closest thing to an apology we're going to see.

And any car enthusiast worth his salt appreciates and respects the GTR. Porsche does not need fanboys like you.

Theres a huge difference between being appreciative towards a car and one that believes in lies spoon fed to them by Nissan. I make no apology for my beliefs and do not think that im wrong. So far no tester has gone remotely close to Nissan's time and so far I dont think any tester can make a GTR hussle quite like the other 7:20's car (apart from those provided by Nissan i.e. the Top Gear).

Go look at something other than one CAR magazine test. I think you'll see tha the GTR has beaten it more times than not.

You don't know anything master Porsche fanatic. A 911 GT3 is my wallpaper.
All right, lets look at Driver Republic...................same driver, same day, same conditions and same Nurburgring track. The result? well the GTR lost yet again.

Has the GTR actually beaten any GT2, CGT, ZR1, ACT, or Enzo's around the Nurburgring (apart from the Nissan conducted tests)? Oh wow so your now a mega Porsche fan just because you have a GT3 as wallpaper? .

They have more class than you guys have here. I'm here to call out your love and dedication toward all things Porsche. You want to talk fanboi-ism. Look at yourself. But there's no telling you guys anything. Since I like a Japanese car, that immediately makes me inferior to your superior knowledge.
So there you go, your only here to "call out" Porsche fans who apparently doesnt have as much class as you or your small circle of like minded friends. Hey at least im honest with my intentions, non of these smoke and daggers garbage.

Why can't you ever respond to the fact that the ONLY thing that you do in the GTR forum is BASH it? Come on, respond. Give me a reason why you're so much better than me in this regard. You can't, and you won't which makes you a hypocrite.
This is a Porsche forum in a GTR subforum. Fact is that I dont like being lied to and will argue a point if the facts doesnt add up. Fact is that the GTR has 480hp, fact is that Nissan's test had its top speed around the Nurburgring close to the Corvette ZR1 with 638hp and fact is that when the GTR, GT2 and ZR1 raced against each other (stock) the GTR lost dicisively against both the GT2 and ZR1.

Definition of a Hypocrite: pretends to be better than is really so, or to be pious, virtuous, etc. without really being so

Wikipedia states the common fallacy of hypocrisy
  • It is a common fallacy (see List of fallacies) to accuse someone of being a hypocrite in an attempt to invalidate their argument. This can be known as an ad hominem attack. In other words, just because someone is a hypocrite, that does not make them wrong.
  • It is also common for children to employ this type of ad hominem attack against their parents. For example, children may accuse their parents of hypocrisy if the parent admonishes them for using drugs or smoking, or warning them of the dangers of such activities, if the parent used them in the past.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:29 AM
Why can't you get my point? Why don't you review earlier posts in this thread. I joined in and disputed things said regarding the GTR. It was PORSCHE owners here that made it personal by calling me a noob and a memeber of the "fast and furious crowd." This is a forum, is it not? I expressed my opinion on things without attacking anyone personally here till the above things were stated about me. I quoted magazine articles, reviews, and such in my arguments. I was presenting facts as I know it. I've said numerous times that I don't own a GTR. Do you, since you are also acting as an expert on all things GTR? No? Have you driven one? Answer those questions for me.

What have you contributed on the GTR sections of 6speedonline.com? I've read them. Not ONE thing positive about the GTR. Read my posts here. I stated SEVERAL times that I respect all types cars. I've also stated that I admire the GT3 and M3 and many other cars, not just the GTR.

My comprehension level is fine. See, since I don't own either, I'm not biased one way or the other. I read about and drive as many performance cars as I possibly can. While I might not own anything exotic, don't talk down at me just because I don't own something as nice as your 911 Turbo.

Exactly why I called you a noob, unless you've been banned before and have just now returned from exile. You seemed to have missed the days of 100's of fanboys cluttering every sub-forum here with GT-R magazine quotes. Let's take a look see at who has added what to this forum and I think you'd be on the losing end of that arguement.

No matter how long you've been on forums, you join a new site you're still a noob. Especially when you only joined it to talk about the GT-R. There is another word for that but I get warned every time I use it. If you really are privy to forums you already know what it is.

I have not acted like an expert on anything other than the information given to me and that information suggest Nissan is lying yet again about performance figures.

I'm not talking down on you, I have good friends with Supras and have the utmost repsect for them, so whatever your insecurity is, has nothing to do with me. In fact I haven't said one thing regarding what you own because I don't really care. Just telling you that you wont get much respect if this is all you have to add to the forum as a new member.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR vs 997 GT3 mk2 at the ring! Open this thread for the times