Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Nissan GTR vs 997 GT3 mk2 at the ring! Open this thread for the times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 08:35 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Doom you really should be banned for some of your personal comments, even your rude comments to me when you neg repped me. Wether the GTR can run 6's on the " Ring " doesn't make you smarter because you believe and me dumber because I don't.

If you don't own a GTR why are you making this into such a personal attack on everyone that doesn't agree with you? There are obviously people that know alot more about cars than you that you are personal attacking. If you really think we are all idiots, why may I ask are you on these forums?

I have contributed good things about the GTR, and have said time and time again that it is an amazing car, albeit not a ZR1, CGT, Zonda competitor. Seriously not everyone is in awe of a sub 500 hp , 3900 lb car...not everyone loses sleep dreaming about a GTR. It's a car, nothing more ...nothing less....but seems to be a cult for people like you.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Banned
Doom4420 has a spectacular aura aboutDoom4420 has a spectacular aura about
Ok, I'm going to say this for the last time. No one seems to be able to understand it. My posts when I joined this thread were NOT personal until others started insulting me. I'm not mentally deficient, and I can tell when subtle insults were being sent my way.

THEN and only THEN did I start getting personal. Why isn't that part understood here? I only made it personal when someone else started in on me first.

Banned? For what? I returned personal attacks after being insulted first. Maybe you guys should take a look in the mirror first.

I have contributed good things about the GTR, and have said time and time again that it is an amazing car, albeit not a ZR1, CGT, Zonda competitor. Seriously not everyone is in awe of a sub 500 hp , 3900 lb car...not everyone loses sleep dreaming about a GTR. It's a car, nothing more ...nothing less....but seems to be a cult for people like you.
Good try again. Try re-reading all the things I said about liking all sorts of performance cars. I came here to debate the GTR, but that doesn't mean I love it in some religious way. If we're comparing apples to apples, it seems like Porsche is a cult for you guys, so it goes both ways.

As for car experience, trust me, I doubt you've done the personal hands on kind of work and all around experience I've had with cars. They might not be $130,000 cars, but I don't buy them and then have other people work on them for me.

I belong on all types of car forums and never have I seen any forum as hostile as this one, even if I posted my opinion on car subjects that they did not agree with. I read that about Porsche forums, and I really didn't believe it till I posted on this particular thread. I've never seen the nasty subtle insulting attacks that I've seen here. Your group is not even minded about all types of cars.

All you have to do is go to the GTR section of 6speed to see that.

You can make complaints to the moderators if you want, ban me, whatever. Not everyone posting in this thread has been nasty or insulting to me as I've made points, but there have been plenty that has.

When I said that I've been involved with drag racing in the past, I was called "one of those people" and "a part of the fast and furious crowd."

Do you really think that I can't tell that those are insulting? Like I said, I didn't make it personal until others here started in with those kind of comments. Are you going to sit there and seriously tell me that isn't insulting? Then you expect me to play nice. I'm not your little son or daughter to boss around.

Regardless, I've spent enough time on this crap. Congratulations you've officially chased me off. I'll bet you'll all feel great about that.

Last edited by Doom4420; 06-06-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:29 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
^That's sad. Nobody should be chased off, or made to feel unwelcome. We are all fans of cars here, albiet different makes/models. I don't think anyone here is disputing any facts. I think everyone is on the same page concerning the GTR...the rest is just semantics and personal preference. Don't leave...you have lots to contribute. Perhaps, if this thread makes you angry, you can just ignore this one. Just a thought.

J

Old 06-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Banned
Doom4420 has a spectacular aura aboutDoom4420 has a spectacular aura about
^That's sad. Nobody should be chased off, or made to feel unwelcome. We are all fans of cars here, albiet different makes/models. I don't think anyone here is disputing any facts. I think everyone is on the same page concerning the GTR...the rest is just semantics and personal preference. Don't leave...you have lots to contribute. Perhaps, if this thread makes you angry, you can just ignore this one. Just a thought.
Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts on this. I doubt I'll be posting much if anything again. Like I said, the insults were subtle, but I'm not stupid. I don't think that all here are rude or insulting.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:46 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
No problem. I've posted some insulting things about the GTR myself...guilty. There is a difference, however, between insulting the owner's of the car personally and intentionally and poking fun at the car in general terms. At least I believe that. We should all agree to disagree and move on. Or debate in a more respectful manner with each other. We are all the same here...not different, the SAME.

J

Old 06-06-2009, 11:19 AM
GT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really nice
Originally Posted by Doom4420
Regardless, I've spent enough time on this crap. Congratulations you've officially chased me off. I'll bet you'll all feel great about that.
Well, move on and get a life...

We will all (the snobs Porsche owners as you say) mark our calendar on the date of your first post on this tread as the DOOMSDAY !

Old 06-06-2009, 11:22 AM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GT3Techno
Well, move on and get a life...

We will all (the snobs Porsche owners as you say) mark our calendar on the date of your first post on this tread as the DOOMSDAY !
Where do these drama queens come from? He's right up there with ZO7, 240KA, and the list goes on. If he got banned he'ld just keep coming back.

Last edited by airflite1; 06-06-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:26 AM
EtherSpill is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Doom4420
Stand your ground. Don't take any of the 5th grade playground type insults to heart. Just argue facts and ignore the nonsense.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:39 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Same MO for all the angry non GT-R owning fanboys, get mad and do something to get banned.

Here's to going on a Porsche forum and criticizing those who don't like a Nissan. Creative logic at it's best.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:47 PM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by airflite1
Where do these drama queens come from? He's right up there with ZO7, 240KA, and the list goes on. If he got banned he'ld just keep coming back.
Everyone comes here for a giggle. Your tin-foil-hattism is the laughing stock of the internet. Every now and then another site will post a link here so that nobody misses your most stupid moments. At least you're generating plenty of traffic for the site owner. I hope he's paying you guys. It's like having a 24hr stand-up act with Ricky Gervais. Nissan hey... hey? Don't trust them.... nah. They claim a Nissan went round the Nurburgring faster than a Porsche. Well how can it? It's a Nissan... a Nissan faster than a Porsche... nope, don't believe it. So what Porsche did is they took one of these Nissans and tried it. Couldn't beat 7:54! With there own car they made 7:38. Case proved. Yeah? No... a magazine went and ran 7:38 with the Nissan. That always happens dunnit? You go and do something and say, "there", but then some bastard comes a long and proves you wrong. Nevermind, '7:38', same as the Porsche Turbo. Well no, this same bloody magazine only made 7:54 with the Turbo. Now that's just a conspiracy innit? Not only did they get the wrong time with the Nissan but they got the wrong time with the Porsche too. So now the difference has changed by 32s. Sod's Law eh?

Old 06-06-2009, 03:51 PM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Same MO for all the angry non GT-R owning fanboys, get mad and do something to get banned.
Because two Porsche fan-boys from this forum never got banned from the UK GTR site for doing the same thing did they? You might know one of them... it was you. The other being MaccaroniCounty.

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Here's to going on a Porsche forum and criticizing those who don't like a Nissan. Creative logic at it's best.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:56 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Oh the Drama! BD what was your origanal name you posted under? I recognize your anger! lol

Old 06-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Epik151 has a spectacular aura aboutEpik151 has a spectacular aura about
HvS Supertest Times

7:33 - Porsche 911 GT2
7:38 - Nissan GTR (if rumors are true)
7:39 - Techart GTstreet
7:39 - Ferrari 430 Scuderia
7:40 - Porsche Carrera GT
7:47 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS
7:49 - Corvette Z06
7:50 - Porsche 911 Carrera S
7:54 - Porsche 911 Turbo

When we all first heard about Nissan benchmarking the 911 Turbo it was almost funny. And now it's faster than the Carrera GT and in GT2 territory. Very impressive.

source: http://www.sportauto-online.de/runde...Zeit&order=ASC

Last edited by Epik151; 06-06-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:26 PM
BD-
Banned
Originally Posted by airflite1
Oh the Drama! BD what was your origanal name you posted under? I recognize your anger! lol
Yes, I'm terribly angry.

HvS times are not the be all and end all. I just think it's funny how yourself, grebbylevy and MarlboroughCountry said that they were until the GTR posted its 7:3X. Seriously though. An M3 CSL is faster than an LP560 round the 'ring? HvS's times could mean anything. It's like measuring how long it takes me to get up and have breakfast. Nevertheless, the GTR has taken Porsche's pants down at every opportunity, leaving nothing but soar *****, most of whom can be found posting on this thread. Every joke must have a punchline and you are it.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:33 PM
ORLY. I knew it was you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR vs 997 GT3 mk2 at the ring! Open this thread for the times