GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Nissan GTR vs 997 GT3 mk2 at the ring! Open this thread for the times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 06:44 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BD-
Yes, I'm terribly angry.

HvS times are not the be all and end all. I just think it's funny how yourself, grebbylevy and MarlboroughCountry said that they were until the GTR posted its 7:3X. Seriously though. An M3 CSL is faster than an LP560 round the 'ring? HvS's times could mean anything. It's like measuring how long it takes me to get up and have breakfast. Nevertheless, the GTR has taken Porsche's pants down at every opportunity, leaving nothing but soar *****, most of whom can be found posting on this thread. Every joke must have a punchline and you are it.

You're exactly right, HsV times are not the be all and end all, howeve it is a good indication of a car's performance. The GTR's 7:38 is in my opinion is it's absolute best that the stock item can do, putting it with cars of the same ilk. What I have been saying all along is that the GTR and Nissan's 7:26 time is overly optimistic and impossible to do stock. The GTR is clearly not capable of beating an Enzo, Zonda, ACR or ZR1.

So far Porsche's much less powerful car (GT3) has already beaten the GTR on one test and all indications point to it being just as fast, stock for stock. Porsche's GT2 and CGT are far more potent than any GTR's. Porsche along with many independent testers has proven that the GT2 is quite a bit faster than the GTR around the Nurburgring.

Because two Porsche fan-boys from this forum never got banned from the UK GTR site for doing the same thing did they? You might know one of them... it was you. The other being MaccaroniCounty.
There is a line between critisising and being suspicious of a car and out and out degrading someones name publicly. I TRY not to degrade and point my finger directly at someone. By the way it's monaroCountry, all your doing by misspelling my name to maccaroni is making me hungry .

Don't trust them.... nah. They claim a Nissan went round the Nurburgring faster than a Porsche. Well how can it? It's a Nissan... a Nissan faster than a Porsche... nope, don't believe it. So what Porsche did is they took one of these Nissans and tried it. Couldn't beat 7:54! With there own car they made 7:38. Case proved. Yeah? No... a magazine went and ran 7:38 with the Nissan. That always happens dunnit? You go and do something and say, "there", but then some bastard comes a long and proves you wrong. Nevermind, '7:38', same as the Porsche Turbo. Well no, this same bloody magazine only made 7:54 with the Turbo. Now that's just a conspiracy innit? Not only did they get the wrong time with the Nissan but they got the wrong time with the Porsche too. So now the difference has changed by 32s. Sod's Law eh?
Problem for you is that 3 or four other publications apart from Porsche ran a similarly slow 7:50's lap with the GTR. So far only SportAuto has ran a 7:38. Like ive said the 7:38 is probably the best that the car can do, its certainly not a 7:26 car and more likely closer to Porsche's time stock. So far it's 4-1 in Porsches favour.

Etherspill, I did do that. Instead of a good discussion, I basically got put down like I'm some underclassman still at high school. A select group of snobby Porsche owners. Money doesn't make you any more intelligent, many time, it's just gives you a bigger ego. That's apparent from some members here.
BUT intellegence normally enables you to attend a top Uni, finish with high marks, recruited by a top company, and groomed for upper management. A select and lucky few earn their bread and butter through inheritance.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:12 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
BD- = Z07, ORLY, Porsherboy etc etc.

Not bright enough to disguise himself for long. And no control over his emotions.

Don't bother responding, his post will disappear soon enough. In fact he may be another one in here too.

Oh and Z07 your misery may love company but I have not, and never have, been banned from GTR-UK but thanks for giving yourself away. Not banned from Nagtroc either, never have been. BWAHAHAHAH

Last edited by heavychevy; 06-06-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:16 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Someone not smart enough to realize I don't own a Porsche...and thusly have no reason to bash the GTR. I just detest the whole Engineering by Press Release that Nissan does.

You simply can't get on the internet and spout of stuff in a forum populated I am glad to say by the few people I have ran into that know as much about cars as I do. ( No not your Doom ).

Old 06-07-2009, 06:11 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Looks like Porsche got spanked again:

Old 06-07-2009, 06:20 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by heavychevy
BD- = Z07, ORLY, Porsherboy etc etc.

Not bright enough to disguise himself for long. And no control over his emotions.

Don't bother responding, his post will disappear soon enough. In fact he may be another one in here too.

Oh and Z07 your misery may love company but I have not, and never have, been banned from GTR-UK but thanks for giving yourself away. Not banned from Nagtroc either, never have been. BWAHAHAHAH
My god, he's gone scatty. Have a lie down while we pad the walls of your room and strap your arms together.

Originally Posted by MozzarellaClub

Problem for you is that 3 or four other publications apart from Porsche ran a similarly slow 7:50's lap with the GTR. So far only SportAuto has ran a 7:38. Like ive said the 7:38 is probably the best that the car can do, its certainly not a 7:26 car and more likely closer to Porsche's time stock. So far it's 4-1 in Porsches favour.
I make it about 104-1 in Nissan's favour.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:14 AM

Looked like Nissan got spanked again by the (supposedly slower 7:32) Porsche GT2. Why compare it with the Porsche Turbo, we all know that the GTR, Turbo and ZO6 are in the same ball park. I still dont think that Nissan achieved a 7:27 with a stock GTR, this new test along with Motor Magazine's test prove this. Correct me if im wrong but did the GTR achieve a 7:47? which is again no where near the 7:27 Nissan published.

With your Auto Motor Und Sport article, I found it interesting that this GTR was significantly slower than the Turbo for it's 0-200km/h along with it's top speed. Now how can this GTR be beaten by the Turbo while Nissan's example has it beating the ZR1?

Last edited by monaroCountry; 06-07-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:27 AM
BD-
Banned
Originally Posted by monaroCountry

Looked like Nissan got spanked again by the (supposedly slower 7:32) Porsche GT2. Why compare it with the Porsche Turbo, we all know that the GTR, Turbo and ZO6 are in the same ball park. I still dont think that Nissan achieved a 7:27 with a stock GTR, this new test along with Motor Magazine's test prove this. Correct me if im wrong but did the GTR achieve a 7:47? which is again no where near the 7:27 Nissan published.

With your Auto Motor Und Sport article, I found it interesting that this GTR was significantly slower than the Turbo for it's 0-200km/h along with it's top speed. Now how can this GTR be beaten by the Turbo while Nissan's example has it beating the ZR1?
I don't see any lap times in that test old chap. You may also note that the 997TT failed to even make it below the 8 minute benchmark that separates high-performance coupes from hot hatches in the article.

8:03. Nevermind, still marginally more rapid than a 227bhp Renault Megane R26.

The answer to your question is simple. Some GTRs from the factory are slower than others. That's the way it's always been. Not all cars come out with exactly XYZbhp. I thought someone who'd been around cars would know that. The one tested was a slow one, yet it still walked the Porsche round the 'ring.

Last edited by BD-; 06-07-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Obi-wanShinobi is infamous around these parts
This is never gonna end.....

People just can't seem to appreciate both cars and their capabilities. I'd like to have both.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Epik151 has a spectacular aura aboutEpik151 has a spectacular aura about
Jesus, that's $160,000 vs $447,500. And they still went 9/10 and 10/10. Arguably the best Porsche ever and Nissan comes along with it's 1st supercar and competes no problem at nearly one third the price.

I guess the only thing fanboys are clinging to is that Nissan didn't get 7:29 with stock. But with HsV already hitting 7:38 it doesn't seem too unlikely.

7:27 was series II with Spec-V wheels.

Last edited by Epik151; 06-07-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:56 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Epik151
Jesus, that's $160,000 vs $447,500. And they still went 9/10 and 10/10. Arguably the best Porsche ever and Nissan comes along with it's 1st supercar and competes no problem at nearly one third the price.

I guess the only thing fanboys are clinging to is that Nissan didn't get 7:29 with stock. But with HsV already hitting 7:38 it doesn't seem too unlikely.

7:27 was series II with Spec-V wheels.
You must have missed where Nissan went back to the stock wheels and went faster to 7:26..........

Speaking of fanboys, if you buy that, you'll also buy that launch control was coincidental.

Not to mention the Porsche Turbo in that test was on Michelin Pilot Sports, which are already significantly slower than PS2's, which are slower than Bridgestones, which are WAY slower than Dunlops. There is a ton of time in tires alone in that test, so don't get ahead of yourself.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Epik151 has a spectacular aura aboutEpik151 has a spectacular aura about
Wow 7:26.7 stock, nice.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by BD-
I don't see any lap times in that test old chap. You may also note that the 997TT failed to even make it below the 8 minute benchmark that separates high-performance coupes from hot hatches in the article.

8:03. Nevermind, still marginally more rapid than a 227bhp Renault Megane R26.

The answer to your question is simple. Some GTRs from the factory are slower than others. That's the way it's always been. Not all cars come out with exactly XYZbhp. I thought someone who'd been around cars would know that. The one tested was a slow one, yet it still walked the Porsche round the 'ring.

I dont have the lap times yet and no this wasnt a ring test but from all reports the GT2 again beat the GTR. Again I find it curious that the Nissan prepped GTR can somehow keep up with the CGT, Zonda, ZR1 and Enzo yet continually loose out against the much slower GT2.

It must be hard for GTR fans to see all these new reports of the GTR producing slower lap times.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
You must have missed where Nissan went back to the stock wheels and went faster to 7:26..........

Speaking of fanboys, if you buy that, you'll also buy that launch control was coincidental.

Not to mention the Porsche Turbo in that test was on Michelin Pilot Sports, which are already significantly slower than PS2's, which are slower than Bridgestones, which are WAY slower than Dunlops. There is a ton of time in tires alone in that test, so don't get ahead of yourself.

Isn't PS2 offered for the turbo's? Still 7:47 for the GTR a very far cry from the 7:26 Nissan set. How embarrassing for Nissan to once again get caught out in a lie.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Isn't PS2 offered for the turbo's? Still 7:47 for the GTR a very far cry from the 7:26 Nissan set. How embarrassing for Nissan to once again get caught out in a lie.
Yes, PS2's are standard as far as I know. Never seen a TT come on regular Pilot Sports which are crappy on the track.

7:47 on Dunlops no less, which are faster than R888's. Yet another test in the 7:50 range. Thanks for posting that Z07.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Galactus
http://www.0-60mag.com/online/?p=6152

Great video by Chris Harris showing a split screen with the GT-R, and GT2 around the Ring, with his commentary describing the laps and both cars.

Good point, it shows the GT2 pulling over 3 seconds on the back straight over the GT-R while the faster Zonda, ZR-1, ACR and CGT could only pull around 1-2 seconds tops over the Nissan tested car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR vs 997 GT3 mk2 at the ring! Open this thread for the times