Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Nissan GTR vs 997 GT3 mk2 at the ring! Open this thread for the times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:01 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
This thread is an awesome display of mag racing at it's finest and fanboism on both sides. I love it!

I'd love to have a GT-R in addition to my C2S. And the chances that I would be shipping either of my cars to the 'Ring are pretty slim so ummmm... yeah.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:31 PM
gnarf is infamous around these parts
Horst Von Saurma got 7:50 with the revised 911 with PDK and PCCB..do you Porsche fanboys honestly think that a GT-R will be slower than a base 911 with dct??...with the SAME driver..mybe the conditions were different..but that shouldnt justify the fact that the new GT3 is ONLY 2 seconds faster than the GT-R..but I do agree with a lot of you guys believing that the 7:26 is false..i think the GT-R would do 7:35-7:40 with Von Saurma on a good day

let's juss call it even..Nissan fudged their times and Porsche is having a hard time beating 7:50 despite the fact that their 911 Turbo got 7:38..Nissan is driving the GT-R on crack and Porsche is driving the GT-R on ambien

Last edited by gnarf; 06-08-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:48 PM
trumperZ06 is infamous around these partstrumperZ06 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gnarf
Horst Von Saurma got 7:50 with the revised 911 with PDK and PCCB..do you Porsche fanboys honestly think that a GT-R will be slower than a base 911 with dct??...with the SAME driver..mybe the conditions were different..but that shouldnt justify the fact that the new GT3 is ONLY 2 seconds faster than the GT-R..but I do agree with a lot of you guys believing that the 7:26 is false..i think the GT-R would do 7:35-7:40 with Von Saurma on a good day
That's the gist of Nissan's problem.

The GT-R is a remarkable achievement and the car should be allowed to speak for itself.

It's peers would be BMW's M3 & M5, the AMG Mercedes coupes, and other GT cars.

Nissan's now posting GT-R ~ 7:2X.xx ring times comparable to true ultra performance Sports Cars.

The only logical explanation is that Nissan used a "RINGER".

Nissan, from day one, over-hyped it's performance, encouraging rag Mag's to use Launch Control in order to get remarkable zero to sixty and quarter mile times, then denied warranty to their customers who chose to use the same features.

Is it any wonder that Nissan's credibility is now being questioned by both other manufacturers and automobile magazines?

Last edited by trumperZ06; 06-08-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:07 PM
gnarf is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by trumperZ06
That's the gist of Nissan's problem.

The GT-R is a remarkable achievement and the car should be allowed to speak for itself.

It's peers would be BMW's M3 & M5, the AMG Mercedes coupes, and other GT cars.

Nissan's now posting GT-R ~ 7:2X.xx ring times comparable to true ultra performance Sports Cars.

The only logical explanation is that Nissan used a "RINGER".

Nissan, from day one, over-hyped it's performance, encouraging rag Mag's to use Launch Control in order to get remarkable zero to sixty and quarter mile times, then denied warranty to their customers who chose to use the same features.

Is it any wonder that Nissan's credibility is now being questioned by both other manufacturers and automobile magazines?
oh I know about Nissan's credibility and their lack of support when it comes to certain "issues"...what I was concerned about was the fact that most of the GT-R vs. other car reviews show that the GT-R performs well..posting similar times to LP560s, GT-2s (slightly slower than those two examples)..when I see Sport Auto claiming that a 911s with PDK is faster by 1 second than a GT-R with the same driver..i question their credibility..its obvious as of now that the GT-R times are of question..but they are not alone..Porsche and Sport Auto are also to blame..its funny how Von Saurma got a 7:50 in December of 2007 on a partially wet track..this is the second time they hit 7:50..while Chris Harris who is not quite the nurburgring expert like Von Saurma was only 4 seconds slower..to me something smells fishy..

man would i love to own the new GT3 tho..it looks dead sexy..if only i were in foreclosing or short selling business

Last edited by gnarf; 06-08-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:15 PM
trumperZ06 is infamous around these partstrumperZ06 is infamous around these parts
Well that's the meat of this controversy.

If a stock GT-R can lap the Ring at <7.40.xx

That's remarkable for an ~3900 lb. sled with only ~ 480 hp. at the flywheel. Any auto manufacturer should be pleased to achieve that level of performance.

Nissan's actions regarding warranty... has made the GT-R's reliability an issue. It will be a while before us track junkies are able to reach our own conclusions regarding it's suitability for substancial track use.

When the C5 Z06 came out, many doubted it's reliability based on the history with Corvettes. Within a year or two the Z06 proved itself... on the track. We are all waiting to see how well the GT-R stands up in the next year or so.

Most of the GT-R fanbois posting... have little or no track (road course) experience, and the guys who are "tracking" the GT-R are just now creating a database.

So far, complaints about brake and tire wear are showing up. Some GT-R owners have already had transmission failures, but numbers are unknown.

Engines seem to be holding up well, even with "tuner mods", but again, how many GT-R's actually see the track.

The GT-R keyboard jockeys can't provide reliable information, nor can the Mag Rag's. Within the next year or so, we should have a good idea about both the GT-R's track capability & it's reliability.

Unless you "HAVE TO HAVE IT NOW"... I suggest waiting until we have a better handle on the GT-R.