Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Nissan GTR vs 997 GT3 mk2 at the ring! Open this thread for the times

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 02:31 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
How does this not bode well for Porsche who only claimed 7:38 for the GT3 while Nissan claims 7:26 for this same model of GT-R?

You post a bunch of forums as if 7:15 wasn't once spread around in this same manner.......

2 seconds vs 12 seconds.

The GT3 also beat the GT-R in same day testing and we all know how the ring conditions change.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Sakred is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
How does this not bode well for Porsche who only claimed 7:38 for the GT3 while Nissan claims 7:26 for this same model of GT-R?

You post a bunch of forums as if 7:15 wasn't once spread around in this same manner.......

2 seconds vs 12 seconds.

The GT3 also beat the GT-R in same day testing and we all know how the ring conditions change.
Woh Woh Woh. Chill out. The tone of this thread changed really quick.

Hammad

Old 05-28-2009, 03:03 PM
baron is infamous around these parts
I haven't seen many people with much hands on experience in the GTR and other supercars, so I'll add a few points.

I have driven the GTR, and other exotics such as CGT, 599GTB, Gallardo SL, Murcielago, etc on both back roads and track, and with hundreds, if not thousands of miles in each car, some driven back to back.

I have to say that the GTR has some serious performance accessible to the average driver. As some has said, the GTR is the easiest car to push to the limits, followed by the Gallardo SL. Not so the CGT, it would really take a pro to maximize the performance of that car, but is absolutely the most rewarding and entertaining to drive.

The GTR is satisfying to drive on its own right, since you could place it with lots of confidence. It has the best turn in of any car I have driven. On the back roads, the only thing hurting it is the ride; I don't really like how the car rebound, and the acceleration does seem to loose some steam by like 120 or so. I can say the same about the CGT too; acceleration above 120 doesn't feel strong, probably due to the heavy down force or gearing. Off the line, like 0-60, not many cars does it easier or faster than the GTR, but the GTR is not designed as a drag racer anyway.

There is rumor floating around that the GTR accomplished a 7:38 by Sport Auto, but about 10 seconds or so off Suzuki's time. Who is to say that Nissan did not tweak the car a bit to get the 7:27 lap. But anyone can add more power and tweak the handling of the car without affecting reliability or drivability much, and for a nominal cost. Add 100hp to a GT2 and I believe it could make it a scarier ride. I would think that most manufacturers tweak their cars to the advantage for these press releases anyway.

And I believe that the GTR is among the top 10 or 20 finishers on the ring that has 4 adult sized seats (although rear is smallish), usable trunk, decent mpg, etc.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:20 PM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold

2 seconds vs 12 seconds.

A lot of people are saying that was merely down to an RHD car in the hands of an LHD driver, who admitted screwing up. The Sport Auto GTR was LHD was it not? Nevermind. 2 truly magnificent cars. I hope Porsche pukka up and find some money before they end up like GM.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:54 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BD-
A lot of people are saying that was merely down to an RHD car in the hands of an LHD driver, who admitted screwing up. The Sport Auto GTR was LHD was it not? Nevermind. 2 truly magnificent cars. I hope Porsche pukka up and find some money before they end up like GM.
Exaggerate much? He didn't say he screwed up, and RHD is not a big deal when you are driving paddle shifters, not like he had to row the gears with his left hand or something.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:08 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Wait a minute, I thought 7:27 was the real time....are we know falling back to a safe zone?

The GTR tries to be master of all trades but masters none, the GTR really is a big EVO that is more mature looking and less boy racer. It may be the pinnacle of A to B street handling car for people with twice big feet and Hell Boy hands. I am really curious about the FQ400, the EVO's relative lack of power keep it from being a true GTR competitor.

There is something about a powerful RWD car that not only requires higher levels of skill but demands it. No full throttle mid corner, no abrupt throttle lifts, no slamming the brakes mid turn....or your next thought is is this going to hurt.

Last edited by germeezy1; 05-28-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:17 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I just don't know if it can claim to be the bang for the buck supercar. I mean you sneeze and its warranty is voided and you can't claim the maintenance is in line with other cars in its class. And yes it performs amazingly but at what cost? Is it the worlds worst riding GT car, or is it a cut price hyper GT car? Or is it the new way to build a sports car, is it the penultimate giant killer?

Old 05-28-2009, 04:41 PM
kp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by germeezy1
the GTR really is a big EVO that is more mature looking and less boy racer.

No one believes in your post.............

No one.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:22 PM
You have one post, do you think anyone believe you....especially when you took what I said out of context and its posted right above.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:34 PM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Exaggerate much? He didn't say he screwed up, and RHD is not a big deal when you are driving paddle shifters, not like he had to row the gears with his left hand or something.
The guy still has to make racing lines and hence he has to know where each side of the car is. His perception of that is a little off if he's sitting on the wrong side. He admitted this himself. SA tested 2 LHD cars and the results were different over one lap but I'm sure the GT3 would come out on top over several laps of a dry, sunny, smooth, wide track.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:47 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. I'm placing my order at Nissan asap. I need to find a local shop to install a really large exhaust tip, if it doesn't come with one already...I want to be ready for street racing. Any suggestions for tires to make drifting easier? I'm so excited, tonight I'm going to watch Too Fast, Too Furious and possibly play some Tokyo Drift on my XBOX. Import Tuner's here I come!

J

Old 05-29-2009, 01:14 AM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
PLEASE DO NOT ALTER MY POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We get the point, you love the GTR and hate that its lofty and undeserved image has been tarnished. You probably believed that a stock base GTR can actually keep up with the Porsche CGT as per Nissan PR campaign. I guess that naive buyers and fanboys are feeling like they have been let down and are trying desperately to cling on to their hopes and dreams.
I think you missed my point completely...

Old 05-29-2009, 03:01 AM
michaeldorian is infamous around these partsmichaeldorian is infamous around these parts
Looks like 7:38

http://www.gtrblog.com/2009/05/29/sp...ertest-result/

Looks like Sport Auto is about to release a number of 7:38 with there factory attempt. I think with Suzuki's expertise and numerous practice laps with the car and in depth factory expertise with the car from the start of development, 10 second or so is a reasonable number.

Either way, 7:38 makes this a pretty darn spectacular car. Anyone in the market for an 09 M3?

Old 05-29-2009, 03:37 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by michaeldorian
http://www.gtrblog.com/2009/05/29/sp...ertest-result/

Looks like Sport Auto is about to release a number of 7:38 with there factory attempt. I think with Suzuki's expertise and numerous practice laps with the car and in depth factory expertise with the car from the start of development, 10 second or so is a reasonable number.

Either way, 7:38 makes this a pretty darn spectacular car. Anyone in the market for an 09 M3?

7:38 is closer to the GT3 and ZO6, these are the GTR's true competitors, not the Enzo, Zonda, ACR and ZR1. A gap of around 2 seconds with arguably the best Nurburgring pilot v a garbage F1 reject is just not possible.

So if 12 sec is reasonable for the GTR then shoudnt we also move the GT2 and CGT in the high 7:10's?

The guy still has to make racing lines and hence he has to know where each side of the car is. His perception of that is a little off if he's sitting on the wrong side. He admitted this himself. SA tested 2 LHD cars and the results were different over one lap but I'm sure the GT3 would come out on top over several laps of a dry, sunny, smooth, wide track.
These guys are professional racing drivers, not some average joe. They would instantly adopt to LHD, RHD or sitting in the middle.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:11 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Wait a minute, I thought 7:27 was the real time....are we know falling back to a safe zone?
You totally correct. Even with the best and most respected driver cant gap the time Nissan set. If Nissan only published a 7:38-7:45 no one would be making so much fuss, they simply got greedy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan GTR vs 997 GT3 mk2 at the ring! Open this thread for the times