Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

PCCB's and resale....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:42 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
PCCB's and resale....

Do you think that the PCCB's add value (beyond their investment) to the resale on a GT3?

My dealer is insisting that they do....

I definitely dont plan on getting them on my GT3 as the steel brakes are so good.

what do you think?

Old 05-29-2009, 07:00 PM
GT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really nice
I did ordered my GT3 with PCCB because of strong recommendations from my dealer. Guess what, they didn't know that the street pads that comes with it are NOT RECOMMENDED if you push your car to the limit on the track. These pads overheat under hard braking and destroy the rotors. Porsche Motorsport developed a special compound (green pads) for PCCB on tracks. The slightly more expensive option when you order the car turn out to be A STEAL if you need to replace the rotors because Porsche won't honor their guarantee if you tracked the car. All this beacause of the lack of knowledge of the dealer...

If you order them and track your car, be sure to replace the pads for the Motorsport green pads !

p.s. I switch to cast iron rotors (AP replacement kit that fits with the same calipers) and they are amazing. In terms of brake feel thay are as good if not better than the PCCB. No fade at all and really strong braking... with a much cheaper replacement cost when they are dead.

Last edited by GT3Techno; 05-29-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:26 PM
rev997S is infamous around these parts
For resale, it will be tough to command a higher price, because for most, the steel ones are more than enough.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:54 AM
Adam2S is infamous around these parts
Im 100% certain that PCCB will add to the resale value of your car, but I am also 100% certain that they wont add as much as they cost in the first place.

Ive specced cars in the past without "essential" options that aledegely would damage the value of the car come resale if I didnt have them on. Every time I came to resell the cars I found that the drop in value is less than the cost of the item I didnt put on, so I was financially better off without it in the long term.

In short - no options that you add will save you money, they all loose it - its just a matter of how much. Some options loose less than others. Only add an option because you want it and it will enhance the ownership experience in some way. Dont add options purely for enhanced resale.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:01 AM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Personally, the only option I find that is a MUST on these cars is the bi-xenon lamps.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:52 AM
Adam2S is infamous around these parts
Xenon's are standard on the GT3 mk2

Old 05-30-2009, 01:39 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
For a lot of people who only track the car, or focus on the lowest operational cost when driving on the track, less is more.

For those the ideal GT3 has no options and delete everything you can live without that saves weight..

Old 05-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
I recently sold an RS and I can tell you that while it is difficult to place a price on what the PCCBs bring at resale one thing is certain. Around 75% of the potential buyers that called on the car, said they would only be interested if the car had ceramics. Just my experience, your mileage may differ.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:54 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by Rec Racing
I recently sold an RS and I can tell you that while it is difficult to place a price on what the PCCBs bring at resale one thing is certain. Around 75% of the potential buyers that called on the car, said they would only be interested if the car had ceramics. Just my experience, your mileage may differ.
For an RS, I agree - essential. For a normal GT3, however, I dont think so much.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:34 PM
GT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really niceGT3Techno is just really nice
So I guess the buyers of these RS don't contemplate to track their car...

Old 05-30-2009, 06:46 PM
rasi54 is infamous around these parts
I don't think so as depending on if you get a good set. For me for track use it's a minus.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:14 PM
ScottGT3 is infamous around these parts
Conceptually most people like the idea of ceramic brakes until the time comes to replace the rotors at $3-4,000 each. Most of the people I know decide to put stock brakes on at that point, and experience very little performance difference. As far as resale value, I agree that with either car (GT3/RS), it will add some value, but not near the original option cost. If the car has been extensively tracked (a few thousand miles), and they are the original ceramic brakes, I'd do a deduct in value knowing replacement could be upcoming at significant cost!

Old 06-02-2009, 04:30 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Those who dont track the car want the car with PCCB because its cool.

Those who do track the car want a car without PCCB because its too expensive too maintain.

There are more buyers who DONT track the car, so if you are worried about resale get PCCB and just swap out the rotors if you plan to do a lot of track duty.

Personally I want a non-PCCB car, but I track my car a lot.