Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carrera GT - which Exhaust and more power??

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:51 AM
dealmaker is infamous around these parts
Carrera GT - which Exhaust and more power??

Guys,

Now I have a couple of GT's in my sights - whats the latest view on the "best" exhaust for the car?

I know the stock system sounds great- but it needs more VOLUME!

So what the view of the best sounding modified exhaust- including taking into account weight saving, power gains (if any), and quality?

I think one system isnt in the running - as it just makes the car sound like a big sports bike on open pipes.

I like the sound of the Tubi - what else is worth considering??

Also - whats the latest thinking on power increases? How do Edo and Gemballa manage to extract the extra power they claim to make? Just ECU mapping??

Old 06-06-2009, 03:32 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
I can't recall if you've had one previously. If not, live with it for a time and decide if you really want more sound pressure.

Power ain't the cgt's problem. Better traction would be nice.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:45 PM
GO-RAN is infamous around these parts
Check out GMG from california. They have a exhaust system(which takes the cake IMO) and software ready for the CGT.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:16 PM
baron is infamous around these parts
The Tubi straight pipe is very loud. I like it a lot, sounds like a race car. Drone during freeway crusing speed is acceptable. I also feel a power increase, easier wheel spin, and more reponsible throttle. I think there is quite a lot of weight savings.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:23 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Make sure to check out BBi. Betim used to (and still might) do exhausts for PMNA. Their CGT system allows the engine to run something like 15% cooler and sounds unreal!

Old 06-07-2009, 01:39 PM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
Evoms did Fred's CGT, and it is the sickest one out there i think. pushing close to 700 hp, i think he did the whole package. You should be able to find his sound clip somewhere on the board.

good luck, what color r u getting this time?

Old 06-08-2009, 12:17 AM
ActionJaxon is infamous around these parts
I think it's a sin to change the stock exhaust tone of a CGT...I think it's one of the most beautiful sounding car's ever.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Check out our World Challenge system it has a signifigant power increase along with amazing sound.

Check out the system on our website.

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_exh...mg_wccgt.shtml

Video and sound clip on the website as well.

Sit back - turn the volume up and enjoy a 10 cylinder symphony!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jnNfjvtHcE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egmgrac ing%2Ecom%2Fporsche%5Fexhaust%5Fgmg%5Fwccgt%2Eshtm l&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 06-08-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 PM
czechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura about
^ speechless...

Old 06-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
AWE Straight pipes is the most popular - we have a take off set if you are interested

Gemballa makes their own exhaust system, they have a four tip system for their Mirage - not sure if they have a two tip version.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:32 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Straight pipes.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Va122 is infamous around these parts
are there no cats fab?

Old 06-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Fabryce,

The two systems pictured on your web site appear different (aside from the cosmetic finish differences) - are there two different models?

Old 06-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dealmaker
Fabryce,

The two systems pictured on your web site appear different (aside from the cosmetic finish differences) - are there two different models?

Good eye!

Yes the system that is on the engine is the final production version.

We were able to develop a smaller muffler which imporved the sound and saved even more weight.

The final muffler design is the one that is pictured on the engine.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Good eye!

Yes the system that is on the engine is the final production version.

We were able to develop a smaller muffler which imporved the sound and saved even more weight.

The final muffler design is the one that is pictured on the engine.
Fabryce,

OK - understood.

Are you considering offering an Inconel/Titanium option (like 997GT2) - Tubi use this material to save more weight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT - which Exhaust and more power??