Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My GT3 order....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
But you WILL be keeping this car for at least a decade, won't you?

Originally Posted by avi8tir
Im not quite at the age where I get back pain yet.... maybe in a decade or so

Old 06-21-2009, 02:02 PM
CAT/J is infamous around these parts
Sounds amazing

Very similar to what I hope my next Porsche will be...plus and minus a few things... But I agree on those heated seats, they Are quite nice even in West LA. My sciatic nerve appreciates the nuclear hot heaters...and girls tend to really like those( as if the cars not enough). Im running my stereo antenna/gps from my Kenwood head unit on the inside of the car. Its much stealthier than the exterior goiter on the roof, with no noticable negative affects on reception...Will we be seeing this around LA and the canyons, so I can drool on it?

Last edited by CAT/J; 06-21-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:02 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Be sure to order XDZ; a must with full leather (imo)!

Congtrats. Mine is a Nov. build. Finally got it swapped later so I can get DE mounts.

Last edited by 911dev; 06-21-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:00 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by avi8tir
Got a call today and my October build is now a September build

Here is what I am ordering. I got everything I wanted except for the black wheels as those have been delayed until december. No big deal on that as I will probably get aftermarket wheels anyways.

thoughts?

Am I the only ignorant one here? Since when does a gt3 have a GG tax?

Old 06-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
he bad news.....

The Energy Tax Act of 1978 established a Gas Guzzler Tax on the sale of any new passenger car whose fuel economy fails to meet a 22.5 mpg standard.

The model year 2010 911 GT3's official fuel economy for gas guzzler tax purposes is 21.7 mpg. Thus the GT3 will be subject to a gas guzzler tax of $1,300.00.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Trundle997
he bad news.....

The Energy Tax Act of 1978 established a Gas Guzzler Tax on the sale of any new passenger car whose fuel economy fails to meet a 22.5 mpg standard.

The model year 2010 911 GT3's official fuel economy for gas guzzler tax purposes is 21.7 mpg. Thus the GT3 will be subject to a gas guzzler tax of $1,300.00.
Porsche used to absorb the GG tax. This is a first. The mileage on the .2 is no worse than its predecessor. Must be another sign of Porsche's dire times.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:13 PM
jbryan is infamous around these parts
Way, way too much bling...IMHO.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:34 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by jbryan
Way, way too much bling...IMHO.
ya, I know what you are saying. I know there are those on here who think the GT3 and GT2 should be stripped down and ready for track use at all times. But, the reality is that 97% of the miles put on my car wont be on the track, they will be on the street. I will be tracking my car for sure, but obviously it wont be its primary use.

When I first got my allocation, I was planning on keeping it VERY basic. minimal options to keep the car simple. I went all out on my Turbo too, and kind of regretted it when I sold it because these "fluff" options add absolutely ZERO value when it comes to resale.

BUT, then I realized that this is a car I have wanted for SO long and that this is a rare opportunity to be able order one to my specs. I tried and tried and tried to find a GT3 allocation for an 07 build when I ended up "settling" on the Turbo. I dont plan on getting rid of this one so quickly!

Old 06-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Adam2S is infamous around these parts
The whole point of the GT3 is that it is the best of both worlds, great on the track and on the road. Why on earth do people feel the need to ruin its roadworthness all for the sake of 0.0000001 less seconds round the track. If people want a pure striped out track car then either get an RS or better still buy something like and aerial atom and save yourself a whole pile of cash in the process. The GT3 is a compomise, albeit a great one - thats the whole point of it!

I think your spec is great avi8tir - love the car and love your options. As you say 97% of the time these options will bring you far more pleasure than the benefit a horrible stripped out car will bring you on the track for the remaining 3% of the time.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:29 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Adam2S
The whole point of the GT3 is that it is the best of both worlds, great on the track and on the road. Why on earth do people feel the need to ruin its roadworthness all for the sake of 0.0000001 less seconds round the track. If people want a pure striped out track car then either get an RS or better still buy something like and aerial atom and save yourself a whole pile of cash in the process. The GT3 is a compomise, albeit a great one - thats the whole point of it!

I think your spec is great avi8tir - love the car and love your options. As you say 97% of the time these options will bring you far more pleasure than the benefit a horrible stripped out car will bring you on the track for the remaining 3% of the time.
Couldn't agree more.

Enjoy the GT3 =)

Old 06-22-2009, 01:47 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Gt3

I'm going through the same spec. decisions. Get what you want, your money. Mine will not be a total stripper. I'm still deciding on the must have options.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:06 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Congrats on the order.
Mine will have the Front lift, engine mounts, bucket seats, bluetooh, universal audio, dim mirror and rain sensor, leather, stiching and sound pakage, which to me is a must. Everything else is optional. Might add carbon and thats it.

Last edited by GT1; 06-22-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:23 PM
I agree with the latter comments about speccing the car the way you want. It will be awesome.

Mine will be white, w/red belts, crests headrests, DE mounts, sound package plus, bluetooth, iPod and auto dimming mirrors. I can't have black wheels either. The only reason I don't option it more, i.e. full leather, is because of resale. As you said, many of these options return nothing. Full leather may bring a few bucks back, however.

Avi8tir, be sure to get XDZ as I mentioned above, and ditch SC. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:06 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
avi8tir, since the car is white, i think you should get the dials in white. i wished that was an option for 997.1.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Green is infamous around these parts
Great looking GT3!
I'm thinking of a very similar order, leaving out the engine mounts , carbon, sport chrono and PCM, but adding black wheels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My GT3 order....