Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

[PICS] 997 gt3 super light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 12:39 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997GT3NM
I am currently investigating this. First I want as much seat time as possible, I try for every weekend during the season.

Than I need to be honest with myself as to how good I really am, and what are my chances getting into some kind of organized racing sanction some day.

I am currently working towards becoming a PCA instructor, but may go into Club Racing. Some of the events that NASA puts on has me intrigued.

But for now I am just having a lot of fun and I have a lot to learn. I am not ready for anything serious at this point. The best I can do is participate in the highest HPDE event classes and also the highest PCA classes for DE's.

Stephen
wish you all the best bro

Old 07-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
997GT3NM,

Car looks stunning and congratulations on the weight savings! I appreciated all of your in depth answer's as well....

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 07-06-2009, 09:35 PM
maozisky is infamous around these parts
That's amazing~!

Old 07-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey 997GT3NM very nice car.
I am confused about one thing. With a US GT3 how did you get to order a sunroof delete option?
I thought ALL the GT3's for the US came with sunroofs. I almost did not order my GT3 because of this issue.

Ranger

Old 07-09-2009, 12:26 AM
CarGuy56 is infamous around these parts
that guys a hardcore weekend tracker...nice gt3

Old 07-09-2009, 02:21 AM
997GT3NM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Hey 997GT3NM very nice car.
I am confused about one thing. With a US GT3 how did you get to order a sunroof delete option?
I thought ALL the GT3's for the US came with sunroofs. I almost did not order my GT3 because of this issue.

Ranger
Thank you for the compliment.

I had it converted at a good friend's high end body shop with a CF roof. This saves approx 45 to 50 lbs over the steel roof with sunroof, and it saves approx 20 to 25 lbs over the steel RS non-sunroof.

It really is not a difficult or expensive conversion. The car is now as tight and rigid as ever, and it has less rattles since it went from 40 + parts to only one part.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:00 AM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 997GT3NM

I had it converted at a good friend's high end body shop with a CF roof. This saves approx 45 to 50 lbs over the steel roof with sunroof, and it saves approx 20 to 25 lbs over the steel RS non-sunroof.

It really is not a difficult or expensive conversion. The car is now as tight and rigid as ever, and it has less rattles since it went from 40 + parts to only one part.
glad to see someone whos says the thruth about swapping steel roof to carbon roof

Old 07-09-2009, 06:14 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
I found it here. Seems like a 25hp boost. Check out the dyno chart link.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=63-7001

Looks interesting. Anyone else have one? Thx.
The intake looks nice enough in design but as the GT3 owner stated it made no power.
This is not surprising. What is surprising are those dyno #'s for a 997GT3/RS.
285 rwhp stock is very very low.
Average #'s of GT3/RS's in my area have been 350 to 360 rwhp.

Ranger

Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
The intake looks nice enough in design but as the GT3 owner stated it made no power.
This is not surprising. What is surprising are those dyno #'s for a 997GT3/RS.
285 rwhp stock is very very low.
Average #'s of GT3/RS's in my area have been 350 to 360 rwhp.

Ranger
Agreed, but as I mentioned in a previous post, it is possible that the numbers are uncorrected and that the dyno was located at high elevation??? Just a thought.

My GT3 makes about 390-395 corrected whp, but uncorrected is about 330-340 (I forget exactly). I am at approx. 6,000 ft of elevation. You lose about 3% power for every 1,000 ft of elevation for an NA car; and YES, that does SUCK!

Old 07-09-2009, 09:27 PM
sqml is infamous around these parts
does the 997 gt3 K&N intake fits the 996 GT3?

Old 07-09-2009, 09:52 PM
drqiman is infamous around these parts
I know the owner of this car and he has done a beautiful job with it. I don't know why the dyno numbers are apparently low on his car. However, his car can walk away from my bone stock 997 GT3 on 2nd and 3rd gear rolls. Like he says, it must be the altitude. His car being faster than mine is probably due to the significantly lower weight ( approx. 350 pounds ) less than mine and the flash.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by drqiman@mac.com
I know the owner of this car and he has done a beautiful job with it. I don't know why the dyno numbers are apparently low on his car. However, his car can walk away from my bone stock 997 GT3 on 2nd and 3rd gear rolls. Like he says, it must be the altitude. His car being faster than mine is probably due to the significantly lower weight ( approx. 350 pounds ) less than mine and the flash.
My dyno numbers are not low, I was just pointing out my REAL whp at my elevation (the uncorrected numbers). The others were talking about the 2007 GT3 RS dyno plot from K&N. It shows a 25 whp gain, but the before and after numbers are way too low. They were something like 285 whp stock, and then 310 whp after the intake mod. Those are horrible numbers unless they are uncorrected and the dyno is at 7,000 to 8,000 ft of elevation!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:25 PM
drqiman is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the clarification.

In addition, I have driven his car and it is razor sharp and there is a noticeable difference in how responsive the car feels when compared to my stock car. Making the car lighter is definitely a great way to improve the performance of our cars. I hope that I don't insult anyone but this light GT3 feels pretty close to a Lotus in responsiveness and raw feel but with the solid feeling of a German car.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:31 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Gorgeous car.
Needs a good half cage at a minimum.
remove silly luxurious door panels.
take out glass and replace with lexan
strip out dash/center console

Or just buy a used low hour cup car (05) for about $100K and call it good.

Love the direction of the car for the track, it just becomes so spendy, however.

MK

Old 07-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Or just buy a used low hour cup car (05) for about $100K and call it good.
Love the direction of the car for the track, it just becomes so spendy, however.
MK
My feelings exactly. You can get good buys on 996 GT3 Cup cars from pro teams.

To the OP, have you done any mods to your exhaust system?

Ranger

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [PICS] 997 gt3 super light