Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

PCCB replacements for the track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 06:05 PM
speedyellow4 is infamous around these parts
PCCB replacements for the track

I am a proud new owner of an '04 GT3. I have a track day coming up in late August and I can't wait. My car has the PCCB's on it and they are in perfect condition. I have decided to take the PCCB's off and get some different rotors to run on the track so as not to wear out the expensive PCCB's. Can I get some suggestions on what works well for the track?

Old 08-02-2009, 07:11 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Performance Friction direct drive rotors + 997 GT3 cup rotors for the rear.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:59 PM
7Speed is infamous around these parts
I use Giro Disc's slotted with Pagid 19 Pad's and those are awesome, highly recomended.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:11 PM
drnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to behold
I go with the Brembo 2-peice floating rotors with aluminium hats. They last approximately 3 to 4 times longer than the cross-drilled stock GT3 disks. Also, for the track my dealer advised me that if you are changing to the steel disks you also need to change the rear PCCB calipers.

Last edited by drnano; 08-02-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:56 AM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Your dealer is mis-informed. He will only need to use 997 rotors on the rear.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:46 AM
drnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to behold
I think that my dealer was refering to the rear PCCB calipers not being as good for track use as the 'big reds'.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:47 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Brembo 2 piece front and rear kit and Pagid RS29 (yellows) have been great for me so far...

Old 08-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Stoptech does offer a two piece aerorotor set up for your car..

Feel free to drop me a line for more info.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Brembo 2pc rotors are the way to go....we use them on a few local cars with great results. If anyone needs some, let us know

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 08-05-2009, 01:23 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PJS
Brembo 2 piece front and rear kit and Pagid RS29 (yellows) have been great for me so far...
I would have to agree, PJ is very fast and he is the master in the braking zones...maybe it is your car and not the driver

Old 08-05-2009, 01:33 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I would have to agree, PJ is very fast and he is the master in the braking zones...maybe it is your car and not the driver
it is all car

looking forward to next week

Old 08-05-2009, 01:38 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PJS
it is all car

looking forward to next week
Oh yeah, it is going to be a fun trip!

I am getting a box built for my trailer now, should have it just in time...looks a little like yours!

opps, sorry to hi jack this thread

Old 08-05-2009, 02:54 PM
cfjan is infamous around these parts
I think your dealer was probably thinking about changing to stock GT3 rear caliper to run the 330mm rotor. (since the stock PCCB = 350mm)

Hence people's suggestion here to run the 997 rear rotor (350mm)

I doubt that the PCCB caliper is any inferior to the non-PCCB caliper..

Originally Posted by drnano
I think that my dealer was refering to the rear PCCB calipers not being as good for track use as the 'big reds'.