Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carrera GT blows Clutch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Well lets see.. I can either replace a clutch on my CGT that some Dumb A@@ melted or buy a good quality Boxster S for the track or even a 930... Choices

Old 11-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
Whats 25K when you own "The Collection". That guy can drive anything he wants.

BTW, "What"......... which car is yours???? we are always meeting at the collection. Let me know when you will be their again so you can meet the rest of the South Florida 6 speed crew.

Old 11-06-2004, 12:29 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by rockitman
Probably safe to say that whoever drove it was probably a jackass. I can see the possibilty of a darwin candidate revving it to 8000 and dropping the cluth...

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh that sounds like fun

Old 11-06-2004, 12:29 AM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Carrera GT blows Clutch

Originally posted by WHAT
Hey, I saw you pulling out of The Collection earlier today. As you were going, I overheard some guy mention something about "that white Turbo with the obnoxious exhaust."

I thought it sounded great!
"WHAT" let me know when you are going back to "The Collection".

My exhaust is a little loud, but I think it sounds Awesome

Old 11-06-2004, 12:35 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Probably safe to say that whoever drove it was probably a jackass. I can see the possibilty of a darwin candidate revving it to 8000 and dropping the cluth...
it's supposed to take 23k rpm no problem. then again, the PCCBs were supposed to last forever.

Old 11-06-2004, 12:46 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by ben, lj
it's supposed to take 23k rpm no problem. then again, the PCCBs were supposed to last forever.
Perhaps, but it sounds like this guy was trying to mimic a John Force "funny car" burnout...

Old 11-06-2004, 06:39 AM
Perhaps, but it sounds like this guy was trying to mimic a John Force "funny car" burnout...
Why does it sound like that? Did you find out more information than was posted because the cause of failure or amount (if any) of abuse was not stated. I'd think the rear tires ($3k/pair) would have been bald under the assumptions made here.

Old 11-06-2004, 10:59 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by ben, lj
Why does it sound like that? Did you find out more information than was posted because the cause of failure or amount (if any) of abuse was not stated. I'd think the rear tires ($3k/pair) would have been bald under the assumptions made here.
purely speculation w/ no basis of fact. Just a hunch..could easily have been a defect, ect. I should have been more clear.

Old 11-07-2004, 08:00 AM
Kurt RSF is infamous around these parts
Carrera GT "pool cars"

Got a call this week from a dealer that they are getting some Carrera GT "pool cars", and was I interested?

Old 11-07-2004, 08:10 AM
Poursha is infamous around these parts
Re: Carrera GT "pool cars"

Originally posted by Kurt RSF
Got a call this week from a dealer that they are getting some Carrera GT "pool cars", and was I interested?
"Pool cars" is code for extra production cars (built over dealer demand) that PCNA uses to reward dealers...not a good sign that the CGT would fall into this category.

Old 11-07-2004, 11:48 AM

Thanks Kurt (could you e-mail me the dealer's name if you don't want to post it here?). You helped me make my decision. I'm going to sue for the deposit return and pass on the car. Pool cars is the death kneel for values.

check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

another one (silver/black w/26 miles) expired without a no reserve bid at $420k this week.

Last edited by ben, lj; 11-07-2004 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:05 PM
RU_MATRX is infamous around these parts
To take it even further, what's $25K and dinner as an apology from a good friend?

Old 11-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of

I doubt they are getting pool cars. Sounds like somebody backed out of a spot where the dealer bought the car.

Old 11-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Re: Re: Carrera GT "pool cars"

Originally posted by Sloth
I doubt they are getting pool cars. Sounds like somebody backed out of a spot where the dealer bought the car.
Well they may in fact be covering for having a lot of cancellations instead of pool cars. I'm familiar with the dealer and a year ago all their cars were pre-sold into 06.

Old 11-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Poursha is infamous around these parts
Niello has 3 2005 CGTs available/incomming listed on their site.