Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

NY Metro guys - Grand Prix NY Karting Facility

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 01:16 PM
mose55 is infamous around these parts
NY Metro guys - Grand Prix NY Karting Facility

Any guys out there been to this place? THinking about doing a small company event there to blow off some steam...would love to get some feedback in terms of the set-up over there...track layout, Sodi Karts, service/attentiveness, safety, etc.

Thanks!

Old 08-14-2009, 01:36 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I've been to NYGP, V17, and NJMP for karting.

NJMP is best for karting, but no real facilities for company event, unless people like being outside and its a good day (hopefully not to hot). Track is fantastic, gas powered karts, curbing, a lot of different configurations very fun. Some karts are a little out of shape, but it makes for a lot of fun drifting around turns.

Velocity-17 (on rt-17 in NJ) would be second on my list, its got only one track as opposed to NYGP which has two, so its longer, has a good flow, a lot of fun turns and the karts also have seat belts, which is nice. The condition of the karts are all good, but they are electric. The facility is good, they have some arcades if there are kids around, they have food on site, but half the time I've gone its been closed, so you may want to call ahead. Also you arent required to put on a full track suite, just closed toe shoes and a helmet/sock/neck gaurd.

NYGP very similar to V17 in terms of amneties, but I like the track at V17 more. Plus you have to wear the full track suit.

Depending on the size of your event, you may want to visit each facility and see how it is.