Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Looking for 997.1 GT3 - ready to buy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
Les check your PM

Old 08-18-2009, 09:26 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pplace993
Thanks for your insight! I'm just wondering should I go with a C2S and mod it slightly for track and street use, or go with the GT3 & call it the day. I track a 944tS, thats usually trailered to track & want to kinda get away from having to do that all the time, do you drive to the track or trailer it? And how does it drive on the street?
I think it depends on how much you want to track it and how much you want to hang with the big boys. I am able to stay fairly close to PJS and his 6GT3 as well as a buddy with a well modded (no interior) 6GT3 and both are very good drivers. I have a lot of fun with my C2S and love it, however I made the mistake of driving Edgemont Village's 997GT3RS a few weeks ago and it is all I want now

I trailer my car to the track, I run Hoosiers now and would not want to arrive and drive with those tires. As well I usually go to a track about 225 miles away, and last week travelled about 1000 miles return to go to Portland Iternaional Raceway and Oregon Raceway Park.

I also use my car on the street with both MPSC and MPS and the car is easy to drive everyday. The only car I would replace it with would be a GT3. Probably doesn't help you with your descion, sorry.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:23 PM
tommyturbo is infamous around these parts
Check with Bob McDonald at Walters in Riverside...Tell him Tom D. refered you...He just got one in last week.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:54 PM
pplace993 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I think it depends on how much you want to track it and how much you want to hang with the big boys. I am able to stay fairly close to PJS and his 6GT3 as well as a buddy with a well modded (no interior) 6GT3 and both are very good drivers. I have a lot of fun with my C2S and love it, however I made the mistake of driving Edgemont Village's 997GT3RS a few weeks ago and it is all I want now

I trailer my car to the track, I run Hoosiers now and would not want to arrive and drive with those tires. As well I usually go to a track about 225 miles away, and last week travelled about 1000 miles return to go to Portland Iternaional Raceway and Oregon Raceway Park.

I also use my car on the street with both MPSC and MPS and the car is easy to drive everyday. The only car I would replace it with would be a GT3. Probably doesn't help you with your descion, sorry.
Actually it does! Thanx! Maybe I'll just keep my 44 for track use, & buy the C2S for the street! Good Luck on your next purchase, I was lucky enough to ride in a GT3 RS @ Watkins Glen a couple of years ago! Their fantastic, so I know what your going through! I hope to be in that boat myself in a couple of years!!!