Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Looking for 997.1 GT3 - ready to buy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 07:59 AM
pvgolfer is infamous around these parts
Looking for 997.1 GT3 - ready to buy!

Hey guys. Thanks for all the good info on 997.1 vs .2 tradeoffs. I'm convinced that the 997.1 GT3 is the right car for me (and my wallet agrees). I recently sold my 07 C2S, so I'm ready to buy. I've seen a few at the dealerships, but have been turned off by the attitude of the sales guys. If you are thinking about selling, please PM me. Note that I'm only considering cars priced below $85k. I'm located in SoCal and would prefer a local (within 500 miles) car. Thanks!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:21 AM
pplace993 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pvgolfer
Hey guys. Thanks for all the good info on 997.1 vs .2 tradeoffs. I'm convinced that the 997.1 GT3 is the right car for me (and my wallet agrees). I recently sold my 07 C2S, so I'm ready to buy. I've seen a few at the dealerships, but have been turned off by the attitude of the sales guys. If you are thinking about selling, please PM me. Note that I'm only considering cars priced below $85k. I'm located in SoCal and would prefer a local (within 500 miles) car. Thanks!
How was your C2S? Did you also track it?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:16 AM
knicks is infamous around these parts
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

i dont know how far it is from you but it says 2408 Miles away from NJ, and its located at baldwin park california.

its a white gt3 with red rims which is interesting.

Attached Images      
Old 08-17-2009, 10:19 AM
knicks is infamous around these parts
its priced at 84,988.

its located at R Motorsports
888-330-7917
13853 Garvey Ave Baldwin Park CA

if you dont like the rims, you can always purchase different ones, theres several rims that go perfect with the 07gt3. just ask all these board sponsors all over the place

if you dont like it, ill keep lookin for you. internships suck haha but its well equipped, 20k miles might feel like too much but obviously this guuy didnt track it with those red rims.

Attached Images     
Old 08-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Decision to move from C2S to GT3

Originally Posted by pplace993
How was your C2S? Did you also track it?
The C2S was nice. A great car for daily driving. I did track it a few times and was tempted to make some modifications to it (re-chip, alignment, rollbar, wheels, aerokit, ...) It was frustrating not being able to hang with the 996 and 997 GT3s out there (as well as some non-Porsches). Instead of spending all of that time/money on modifications to squeeze extra oomph out of my C2S, I've decided to go the GT3 route. It took a couple of months to sell the C2S, but now that it's done, I'm free to pull the trigger on the right GT3 that comes along.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Afroman
its priced at 84,988.

its located at R Motorsports
888-330-7917
13853 Garvey Ave Baldwin Park CA

if you dont like the rims, you can always purchase different ones, theres several rims that go perfect with the 07gt3. just ask all these board sponsors all over the place

if you dont like it, ill keep lookin for you. internships suck haha but its well equipped, 20k miles might feel like too much but obviously this guuy didnt track it with those red rims.
Thanks Afroman. Yeah, those rims are "interesting" ! I've seen a couple of lower mileage cars as well. I'll add this one to my watch list.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
sasportas has a spectacular aura aboutsasportas has a spectacular aura about
997 gt3

I may be interested in selling my white 2007 GT3 either this fall, winter, or spring. Definitely in your price range.

Last edited by sasportas; 08-17-2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-17-2009, 06:48 PM
The C2S was nice. A great car for daily driving. I did track it a few times and was tempted to make some modifications to it (re-chip, alignment, rollbar, wheels, aerokit, ...) It was frustrating not being able to hang with the 996 and 997 GT3s out there (as well as some non-Porsches). Instead of spending all of that time/money on modifications to squeeze extra oomph out of my C2S, I've decided to go the GT3 route. It took a couple of months to sell the C2S, but now that it's done, I'm free to pull the trigger on the right GT3 that comes along.
Wow! you have me 2nd guessing my decision now! I've been looking for a 6GT3, and in the interim, came across a 06 C2S w/ Aero kit, sprts chrono, that I can probably pickup for a good #! I felt that w/ a few good mods, that I might be able to keep up with the Gt3's. I guess it's back to the 996GT3!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by pplace993
Wow! you have me 2nd guessing my decision now! I've been looking for a 6GT3, and in the interim, came across a 06 C2S w/ Aero kit, sprts chrono, that I can probably pickup for a good #! I felt that w/ a few good mods, that I might be able to keep up with the Gt3's. I guess it's back to the 996GT3!
Since I didn't go through with the mods, I can't say for sure that the C2S can't keep up. However, at a minimum, I would think that you'd need to upgrade the suspension for a track alignment and chip/plenum for more HP. These mods and some DOT tires might give you a fighting chance against those GT3s.

One thing the C2S does have up on the GTs is COMFORT. It's a great car for driving around town everyday. The GT3 is noisy, bumpy, and has a stiff clutch - reminders that your driving a superb track car!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Since I didn't go through with the mods, I can't say for sure that the C2S can't keep up. However, at a minimum, I would think that you'd need to upgrade the suspension for a track alignment and chip/plenum for more HP. These mods and some DOT tires might give you a fighting chance against those GT3s.

One thing the C2S does have up on the GTs is COMFORT. It's a great car for driving around town everyday. The GT3 is noisy, bumpy, and has a stiff clutch - reminders that your driving a superb track car!
Thats the same thing I was thinking! Thanx! Good luck on your next purchase! The 997 Gt3 is the best looking Gt3 to date!

Old 08-18-2009, 12:20 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have a well modded 997 C2S, and can to some degree keep up with 6GT3's, but a well driven 7GT3 is out of the question. Where the C2S power curve starts dropping, the GT3 comes to life. I have realized that the C2S will never be a GT3. If you are looking at staying with most other cars, then the C2S can hold it's own and then some.

I have tracked my car about 2 dozen times in the last 16 months, and I am very comfortable with my car, but I will be moving to a GT3 soon.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:50 AM
lese is infamous around these parts
7gt3-1

Hi - I don't have enough posts to PM you, and your email is not listed in your profile, so I have to post here. I have a 2007 GT3 in absolutely perfect condition and I'm just down in Orange County. I realize you are looking at a lower price range, but wanted to offer this one for your consideration if you can't find a satisfactory one in your range.

It's GT Silver Metallic/Natural Leather Dark Grey with the following options.

998 - Leather Interior Natural Lthr
640 - Chrono Package Plus
XME - Rear Ctr Cons Painted Extr Clr
450 - Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB
X69 - Carbon Door Sill Mdl Insignia
EZA - Interior Package Carbon
XXZ - Foot Rest Aluminum
XD9 - Rims and Caps - Exterior Color
P12 - Self-Dim Mirrors & Rain Sensor
P01 - Adaptive Sport Seats
810 - Floor Mats - Interior Color
490 - Sound Package Plus
342 - Heated Front Seats
XSC - Porsche Crest in Headrest
XPA - Thicker Steering Wheel-Leather
P74 - Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package
P16 - PCM 2.1
509 - Fire Extinguisher

Plus clear side markers, aspheric heated self-dimming driver's side outside mirror glass and hard wired Valentine 1.

It has about 4,000 gentle miles. Never raced, never tracked, never driven in the rain, never parked next to another car. Always garaged. Since I've driven it very conservatively, it's still got the original tires with full tread! At the first dealer service, they replaced the RMS and that's the only time it's been to a dealer. It's got about a year and a half left on the factory warranty, which is why I'd like to sell it now so you'd still have that available to you. I've even got two extra brand new front spoilers, still wrapped in the factory wrapping. I really would like to see it get into the hands of someone who will enjoy it and use it as intended. MSRP was a little over $139,000 and I have no idea where the market is now, but for an almost new car I hope I don't have to lose TOO much

Thanks,

lese

Old 08-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks Lese. I sent you a PM...

Old 08-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I have a well modded 997 C2S, and can to some degree keep up with 6GT3's, but a well driven 7GT3 is out of the question. Where the C2S power curve starts dropping, the GT3 comes to life. I have realized that the C2S will never be a GT3. If you are looking at staying with most other cars, then the C2S can hold it's own and then some.

I have tracked my car about 2 dozen times in the last 16 months, and I am very comfortable with my car, but I will be moving to a GT3 soon.

Thanks for your insight! I'm just wondering should I go with a C2S and mod it slightly for track and street use, or go with the GT3 & call it the day. I track a 944tS, thats usually trailered to track & want to kinda get away from having to do that all the time, do you drive to the track or trailer it? And how does it drive on the street?

Old 08-18-2009, 01:35 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lese
Hi - I don't have enough posts to PM you, and your email is not listed in your profile, so I have to post here. I have a 2007 GT3 in absolutely perfect condition and I'm just down in Orange County. I realize you are looking at a lower price range, but wanted to offer this one for your consideration if you can't find a satisfactory one in your range.

It's GT Silver Metallic/Natural Leather Dark Grey with the following options.

998 - Leather Interior Natural Lthr
640 - Chrono Package Plus
XME - Rear Ctr Cons Painted Extr Clr
450 - Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB
X69 - Carbon Door Sill Mdl Insignia
EZA - Interior Package Carbon
XXZ - Foot Rest Aluminum
XD9 - Rims and Caps - Exterior Color
P12 - Self-Dim Mirrors & Rain Sensor
P01 - Adaptive Sport Seats
810 - Floor Mats - Interior Color
490 - Sound Package Plus
342 - Heated Front Seats
XSC - Porsche Crest in Headrest
XPA - Thicker Steering Wheel-Leather
P74 - Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package
P16 - PCM 2.1
509 - Fire Extinguisher

Plus clear side markers, aspheric heated self-dimming driver's side outside mirror glass and hard wired Valentine 1.

It has about 4,000 gentle miles. Never raced, never tracked, never driven in the rain, never parked next to another car. Always garaged. Since I've driven it very conservatively, it's still got the original tires with full tread! At the first dealer service, they replaced the RMS and that's the only time it's been to a dealer. It's got about a year and a half left on the factory warranty, which is why I'd like to sell it now so you'd still have that available to you. I've even got two extra brand new front spoilers, still wrapped in the factory wrapping. I really would like to see it get into the hands of someone who will enjoy it and use it as intended. MSRP was a little over $139,000 and I have no idea where the market is now, but for an almost new car I hope I don't have to lose TOO much

Thanks,

lese
Hey PV I know this car, it is perfect!! If I were in the hunt for a gen.-1 GT3 this would be the one I would get for sure. Hope you can make a deal with Les.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for 997.1 GT3 - ready to buy!