Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2010 GT3 RS Revealed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 06:13 AM
Banned
iafb83 is infamous around these parts
Sorry if this is already posted elsewhere but I found an awesome video of the new GT3 RS going sideways on the track!
http://www.acceltimes.com/news/8/por...rs-details.php

Old 08-20-2009, 04:10 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
wow, i love it! im glad they worked a little harder to distinguish it from the gt3 than they did on the last one. i would spring for the extra $ for rs but wont consider either unless offer sporting version of pdk.

i like the script decals but not the checkered flag which reminds me of decals that came with an old nascar edition of monte carlo. seems porsche tries to make their top models seem exotic with decals vs ferrari which just uses incredible design ie. new 458

Old 08-20-2009, 05:11 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mikymu
uhmmmm ... not feeling it. The graphic is all over the place and kind of crazy. some how it reminded me of 996 GT3 RS as far as color scheme goes

I was thinking the exact same thing, the flourescent colors a just way over the top, and the decals are over the top as well. No need to scream for attention with loud accents, this beautifull machine will get noticed regardless.If they tone it down a notch the look will be just right.

May look alot nicer with black accents, I do love the grey color.

An amazing car none the less, i know colors are just cosmetic and petty things to point out, but perfection is a staple for Porsche.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:45 PM
dealmaker is infamous around these parts
Come on guys! Awesome car but FUGLY colorways!!! ...and those Graphics? WTF?.............only for wannabe ricers surely??

I have my deposit down on one but can't imagine myslef driving one down the road or on the track - so unless they offer Paint to Sample - then I'm going to cancel!

Whats wrong with some "proper" RS colours like Speed, Viper, or Riviera?

Ive owned pretty much every RS and GT derivative since the 964 RSL- and every one of those was avilable in proper RS colours...these things..............UGH!

Imagine the car in Riviera with Anthracite Wheels and black accents!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Surfer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mikymu

Friggen awesome, everyones complaining of the colors, am I the only one that thinks this grey and red mix is just sick???

Old 08-20-2009, 11:05 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
love the graphics!!! its a track car!!! remember!!!

Old 08-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dealmaker
Come on guys! Awesome car but FUGLY colorways!!! ...and those Graphics? WTF?.............only for wannabe ricers surely??

I have my deposit down on one but can't imagine myslef driving one down the road or on the track - so unless they offer Paint to Sample - then I'm going to cancel!

Whats wrong with some "proper" RS colours like Speed, Viper, or Riviera?

Ive owned pretty much every RS and GT derivative since the 964 RSL- and every one of those was avilable in proper RS colours...these things..............UGH!

Imagine the car in Riviera with Anthracite Wheels and black accents!
Totally agree! My friend has a deposit down for one but need to be Riviera blue. Waiting for respond from PCNA.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:09 PM
ctzn is infamous around these parts
I think the colors work as well, such shifts are always hard to swallow right off the bat but I think in time will be seen as epic. The last generation RS was not exactly under the radar, and this is a mere evolution of that style.

Should be a screamer, would love to get my hands on one.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:40 AM
PorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to all
As someone with decals on my Porsche, you can always pull them off and then add them later if you change your mind. It shouldn't be an issue -- that's the beauty of decals.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:11 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
PTS would be nice but if not available, just pull off decals and take it to a shop to paint the trims however you want it. sheesh.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:11 AM
BelMaseto is infamous around these parts
I don't understand why, but according to the info on the microsite, it seems that the new graphics will be painted, so no removable decals.

That will make the things more complicated if you want re-decor the car on the future, or if you have any minor damage on the painted areas.

Anyway, I'm loving the new Cup-style look...

Old 08-21-2009, 01:16 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
if the graphics are painted then ugh... they might as well put a large gt3rs on the hood and a porsche logo on the top of the windshield to complete the look. )

beneath all that everyone knows there's beauty and beast.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:01 AM
czechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura aboutczechchamp has a spectacular aura about
Love it!!

Old 08-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Grant is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BelMaseto
I don't understand why, but according to the info on the microsite, it seems that the new graphics will be painted, so no removable decals.
I think the language on the minisite is poorly chosen. I think they meant to say that the accents on front bumper, wing endplates, and wheels are painted, but I'm 99% sure the "GT3RS" and Checkered Flag graphics will be removable decals.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
I love it. Don't know about the RS graphics on the rear panels, or the red surround on the front grill, but everything else looks great. For enough money, I'd imagine you could get some custom colors

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 RS Revealed