Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Do you really wish for a sequential gearbox???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
Do you really wish for a sequential gearbox???

Have a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2INTTdZAgo

Old 08-24-2009, 03:12 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
You wouldn't have to worry about listening to the crapy stereo in your car!!

Old 08-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor
RSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds great for a racecar

Sounds great for a racecar: straight cut gears, synchros-less box, throttle interrupt, no sound insulation, transmission rebuilds every 30-35 hours, and a price tag of 30k-60k new depending on what generation gear box. However, it may be a bit much for a street or occasional track day car.

If you want a more suitable and civilized Sequential Shifter experience, go with the Cartronic SQS-G Unit. It enables you to shift sequentially without sacrificing the civility associated with a street car.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:31 AM
G997 is infamous around these parts
I really want a PDK gearbox in a GT3.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:41 AM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by G997
I really want a PDK gearbox in a GT3.
It wouldn't be the same car with a PDK!!

Old 08-25-2009, 10:22 AM
HRTC is infamous around these parts
Thats is some fast but violent sounding shifting. I like it for a track car.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:45 AM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
It wouldn't be the same car with a PDK!!
It will be a better car!

Old 08-25-2009, 12:06 PM
10GT3 is infamous around these parts10GT3 is infamous around these parts
TRUNDLE

i don't think anyone hear has opted for and wished for a sequential gear box (although i had hoped that the pdk would be just such a product, with clutch for 1st and reverse only.). the entire discussion has involved the sequential shifter. i can tell you that after over a thousand miles of use with one on my 2010 gt3, i don't think i would ever convert it back to the "H" pattern. maybe you should actually try one before you pass judgement, you might like it. i know many of us do.

alan

Old 08-25-2009, 12:14 PM
cnc
^
I didn't see anyone pass judgement, is there a hair somewhere?

Old 08-25-2009, 12:36 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
it sounds intoxicating but pull to upshift, push to downshift. where's the excitement in that?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:48 PM
i can only "assume" trundle's purpose for the post was to continue his passing judgement on those of us how dare to be different. however, if you had kept up with all of his prior posts, you would not have to "assume" his position on the subject.

and as for the excitement factor, like i said, "try it, you might like it" still stands. the shifts are faster, with no "gate" hunting (not that that was much of an issue during my first 1,000 miles, but still an issue that added time to get into the next gear, up or down). and as for utility, there is never any question what action is needed to get to the next gear, pull to up-shift, push to down-shift. i have on occasion had to look down to see what gear i was in to select the next shift move after a lengthy period in the same gear, not remembering exactly what gear i was currently in. that issue, although rare, is gone for good.

i highly recommend the sequential shifter for those who like excitement in their world, i have been very impressed and i will say excited about the whole package. and for that i will not apologize.

Last edited by 10GT3; 08-25-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:18 PM
cnc
Originally Posted by 10GT3
i can only "assume" trundle's purpose for the post was to continue his passing judgement on those of us how dare to be different. however, if you had kept up with all of his prior posts, you would not have to "assume" his position on the subject.

and as for the excitement factor, like i said, "try it, you might like it" still stands. the shifts are faster, with no "gate" hunting (not that that was much of an issue during my first 1,000 miles, but still an issue that added time to get into the next gear, up or down). and as for utility, there is never any question what action is needed to get to the next gear, pull to up-shift, push to down-shift. i have on occasion had to look down to see what gear i was in to select the next shift move after a lengthy period in the same gear, not remembering exactly what gear i was currently in. that issue, although rare, is gone for good.

i highly recommend the sequential shifter for those who like excitement in their world, i have been very impressed and i will say excited about the whole package. and for that i will not apologize.
I guess it is true, when you have an itch, you need to scratch it!

Old 08-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by cnc
I guess it is true, when you have an itch, you need to scratch it!

you got that right.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by 10GT3
TRUNDLE

i don't think anyone hear has opted for and wished for a sequential gear box (although i had hoped that the pdk would be just such a product, with clutch for 1st and reverse only.). the entire discussion has involved the sequential shifter. i can tell you that after over a thousand miles of use with one on my 2010 gt3, i don't think i would ever convert it back to the "H" pattern. maybe you should actually try one before you pass judgement, you might like it. i know many of us do.

alan
What type of transmission do you have in your 2010 GT3? I'm not passing judgement, I'm just old school!! (and old)

Old 08-25-2009, 04:08 PM
deutschmick is infamous around these parts
Me, no.

I'm old-school too but can certainly understand why others would wish for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you really wish for a sequential gearbox???