Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

996 tow hook options with cup front bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 05:14 PM
neilwight is infamous around these parts
996 tow hook options with cup front bumper

got a new cup bumper going on the gt3 track car at the weekend and its always irked me how i had the slot for the cup car tow hook but nothing filling it with the previous one.
ill avoid any innuendo for the moment
anyways, anyone got any options or info for correcting this. the cup retractable hooks come in 2 or 3 bolt i believe (2 bolt for 996, 3 bolt for 997) but do these readily bolt on or do i need to start hacking into things and drilling holes?
are there any other options to consider. anyone running one care to share there experiences?

Old 08-25-2009, 05:28 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
I filled the slot (along with the license plate holes) before having it painted. It till has the round hole with the removable cover for the standard screw in type tow hook.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:12 PM
neilwight is infamous around these parts
thanks. im aware i could fill it in but i was really more hoping for a solution that would let me use a retractable hook as per the cup cars given its essentially a track only car and i like the look.
the cup hooks bolt where the bumper support bolts i think. can anyone confirm?
does this mean i cant have a bumper support and the hook?

Old 08-25-2009, 08:37 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I cannot speak for the front bumper but for the cup rear bumper you must remove one of the 5 mph crash shocks to directly bolt on on the retractable hook

here is a crappy pic of a rear bumper removed and cup style retractable hook installed on the right AND on the left you can see a black 3 inch vertical bar thingy -- that is the impact/5 mph/shock thingy (you can tell I am pretty technical ). So you can also see that the right side one was removed to directly bolt the hook on. That big horizontal cross bar in the rear is a "crash bar" to add protection to the rear in case of a bump... please everyone refrain from any comments about design etc... it is what it is and I am not changing it

so if you can confirm that the front has the 5 mph impact /5 mph/shock thingys, I would imagine that installing a front bumper retractable hook is roughly the same -- remove shock thingy and install hook and put bumper on etc...

hope this has been slightly helpful

bumper off

bumper on

Old 09-05-2009, 05:54 PM
DanH is infamous around these parts
What exhaust is that?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:01 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Custom
321 stainless
no cats
29 lbs
made by www.advancedstreetperformance.com