GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Get my GT3 From Ontario to Florida this winter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 01:20 PM
RecklessWanderr is infamous around these parts
Get my GT3 From Ontario to Florida this winter

Guys, I have a conundrum.

I want to get my GT3 from up north to Florida where I'm looking to spend a couple of months this winter.

I am considering putting it on a trialer, but my Stupid FX35 doesn't have the towing capacity. I don't really want to buy a truck and a trailer just to tow my car down there.

I considered driving it down early, and then flying there, but storage is an issue,

So, I wonder if anybody has any thoughts on how I can get it down there, since I won't be able to drive it as the car just doesn't do well in the winter weather.

Thanks.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:47 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Fedex Custom Shippers can do it for you.

Trade your FX35 in on a Cayenne or a Touareg, mine will tow a trailer and my 997 with ease.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
I'll drive it down for you :-)

Old 09-01-2009, 08:06 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I'm up for a drive as well

Old 09-02-2009, 07:28 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Fedex Custom Shippers can do it for you.

Trade your FX35 in on a Cayenne or a Touareg, mine will tow a trailer and my 997 with ease.

thats great advice, i was thinking the same thing

Old 09-02-2009, 07:45 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Not sure if you want to use Amtrak Auto train from DC to Fla, though you need to get from Ontario to DC

Old 09-02-2009, 08:03 AM
LeonardoC2S is infamous around these parts
If you use a transport service, make sure they tie the car down using the right points...i.e. NOT to any suspension components. The carrier that transported my RS from Bay Area to DC was great: they knew exactly which tie points to use. I don't have their info on hand, but PM me if you're interested.

GL!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 AM
gt3geoff is a splendid one to beholdgt3geoff is a splendid one to beholdgt3geoff is a splendid one to beholdgt3geoff is a splendid one to beholdgt3geoff is a splendid one to beholdgt3geoff is a splendid one to beholdgt3geoff is a splendid one to behold
How about buying a trailer (as you will also need a trailer to transport it back) and then renting a truck big enough to pull it. One way rentals from Ontario to Florida can't be that expensive.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:57 AM
CamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really nice
Call TFX International and get a quote on an enclosed car carrier delivery. They often take one and bring something else back so you're not on the hook for the round trip rate. Ask for Wally or Adam Horodnyk... good people who run an established first class operation.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:24 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
CamNeely,

I like the same players, and both are BC born!

Old 09-02-2009, 12:15 PM
CamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really nice
You mean Comox Cam and the Olympian (I hope) "Giant" they call Milan? You know it brother. Something in that mountain air out there....

Old 09-02-2009, 08:33 PM
RecklessWanderr is infamous around these parts
Well thanks for the response guys. Part of the problem is getting the car across the border. I may just see about renting a truck and a trailer, that may be a good solution.

I would buy a Cayenne, but they are just so ugly (IMO). Maybe next year. Sigh.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:56 PM
You own a FX35 and call the Cayenne ugly!? I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:07 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Cayenne is not pretty, but its sure effective. Here is my setup.....

Old 09-03-2009, 05:27 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
TFX picks up and delivers my car and bike door to door between GTA and Florida each year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Get my GT3 From Ontario to Florida this winter